Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

What attitude will Fulham have?

Thinking of there hoildays i hope. i''ve been watching monday night football and the fulham fan on there wants norwich to stay up so lets hope they all think that way and don''t get behind there team to much.

to win i reckon, last game of season at their home ground.....

I don''t think you can tell. I thought they would roll over with nothing to play for but after seeing some highlights of the Blackburn vs Fulham game it looked like they were playing for their lives. Hopefully that isn''t the team that will turn up Sunday...

I was very happy to see Rosenior get sent off though, he misses our game doesn''t he? Bentley should have more room now... what do you think?

Keep the Faith

Like all honest pros, they will do their best, as we hope Man Utd, Portsmouth and Charlton do - but we know that we have the players and the desire to win our first away game of the season.  Roy of the Rovers stuff if (when) we stay up.

My old man, said be an Ipswich fan................

They will want to win it.IIRC I think they can get up to 12th if they win - which would be their highest finish and probably earn them an extra couple of million.

I''m sure they will want to win it they have had a dissapointing season and will want to end the season with a win in front of their own fans.

What worries me is that Portsmouth won''t play in such a proffesional manner because they know they could help to get Southampton relegated.

Plus any with contracts expiring at the end of the season will want to impress. No one goes out to lose, they will be trying.

It''s so hard to tell with Fulham which is making this week even more tense. They beat Everton at home, then lost at home to a pretty awful Newcastle team.

I''m sure they will be all out to spoil our party.  They are professionals and will want to win every game.  It hasn''t been a great season for them and it will be important to send their fans home happy on the last day.  Not to mention of course that they could go up from 15th to 12th in the table!  That''s a difference of about £1.5M!  Quite a lot of cash

It will be as tough, if not tougher, than the Birmingham game.

Having said that if we show the same tigerish and dogged attitude we have (generally) shown recently, get stuck in and get the first goal, they might not be quite as full of running as us. We let Brum control things from the start on sat which made it easy for them stroking the ball around.

Remember the home game? Andy Cole got an easy early goal and they sat back and easily soaked up everything we had. Fulham''s first priority will be not to lose and have the embarrassment of being the only team we beat away all season.

On Sunday I would actually prefer it if they also had to win as we might then get some space at the back for Leon, Hux and Deano to exploit. We aren''t good at breaking down solid defensive sides.

Think they will play to win with the last game being in front of their own fans, the chance of more money if they finish a couple of places higher and the thought that probably they would like Palace to stay up giving them a weekend next season of short travelling time instead of the hike to Norwich. There again hopefully we will be playing to win which should therefore make it a good game.  My god I have had butterflies about this game since Saturday and my thoughts keep going back to the fact that we have not won away all season and that West Brom on paper have the easiest game.  Cant make the game as I have to work but have secured a finishing time of 14.30 which will get me home in time to watch it on Sky.  Will this be a tense one or what but at least we will know one way or the other come 17.00 on Sun.  We must do it we simply must and will be such a deflator if again we fail to win away and one of those below us wins.   

i think if we can get a couple of early goals then they might start thinking of there hols. could be a good idea to getworthy to drop a few brochures in there dressing room before the start.