Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

Terrible result for us

On every level. Hull one of the few teams we have a chance of finishing above gaining another massive and unexpected 3 points. And liverpool are guaranteed to come firing out of the blocks on wednesday now. We are going to be on the recieving end of another damaging and humiliating pasting.

Yep, I have said this all along, other teams success is bad for ud, but I get hammered for it by the fecking happy clappers who believe everything is in our own hands.

We will get hammered on Wed, Couthinho and Agger will not be rested as they were for this game.

Luck and timing has a lot to say in the final tables come May

We just got 3 points this weekendAll other teams around us slipped up apart from HullI had liverpool down as a big fat 0 points when i first saw the fixture listDon''t understand why one result should make everyone panic

The worst is that a poor relagation fodder team like Hull now gain a lot of confidence from this unexpected win. Similar to us beating Arse last season.

Horrible result for us

Plenty of games left, and still well in our hands. Some people really define "Little Old Norwich" with their defeatist attitudes.

If Liverpool had have won 3/4 nil you would be the same people posting on here that we would be stuffed next week because they are building momentum.You just use stats to talk our team down rather than use them to big us upIts a bit sad really.

Makes it more interesting but maybe for once we''ll meet them at a point they are playin poor and not one that they are playing amazing.

[quote user="Buh"]Makes it more interesting but maybe for once we''ll meet them at a point they are playin poor and not one that they are playing amazing.[/quote]This

The win takes them to being three points better off than us.

However who do they play next? Arsenal away, Swansea away, followed by Stoke at home, West Brom away and then they host Man Utd on boxing day.

We have played Man Utd and Arsenal once already where they have not.

At the moment there are 6 teams below us and their results are far more important than anyone above us. Obviously if more teams fall behind us then the same can be said of them, Hull were ahead of us at the start of play on goal difference. A loss would have been better for us but it hardly changes the overall picture.

"grefstad"The worst is that a poor relagation fodder team like Hull now gain a lot of confidence from this unexpected win. Similar to us beating Arse last season.

Horrible result for us

Stop being a drama queen.

Hull have proved since the beginning that they aren''t relegation fodder.

And if we get the first goal or it''s still 0-0 after 60mins, the pressure will really be on Liverpool.That result can work against us or for us, nothing really changes with them losing.

"All" newly promoted teams start well. Happens each season.

But then they normally fade, and by Xmas normally they are back where they "belong", near the bottom.

If teams like Hull suddenly gain confidence from surprising results like this, it is bound to be bad for relegation contenders like ourselves

A bit early in the season for it to be that significant. Other teams around us will throughout the season pick up the odd decent bonus result and Liverpool away was always going to difficult, and it still is, simple as that.

I''d say the opposite. Every point teams around us gain, expected or not, is significant.

And we dont know what the future will bring, so therefore, losses for teams around us are always welcome.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]When the OP says "us" I''m pretty sure he''s not actually meaning Noreich City.[/quote]LOL

Notice there''s been no mention of the Swansea result which is just as relevant but of course doesn''t provide a platform for the moaners amongst us.

The great news is that this forum is entirely unrepresentative of the majority of City fans. This has to be as negative a forum as any in the entire professional game.

Having watched MOTD2, there can only be one explanation.

Bruce has sold his (& his wife''s, & his first-born''s) soul to the Devil. It''s the only rational explanation.

And that''s the worst performance from Liverpool I''ve ever witnessed. I can give a cast iron copper bottomed guarantee they will NOT play like that on Wednesday - no matter how well we play.

Mutter, grumble, moan .........

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]If Liverpool had have won 3/4 nil you would be the same people posting on here that we would be stuffed next week because they are building momentum.You just use stats to talk our team down rather than use them to big us upIts a bit sad really.[/quote]

Yep. Some people cannot wait to have a dig.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Having watched MOTD2, there can only be one explanation.

Bruce has sold his (& his wife''s, & his first-born''s) soul to the Devil. It''s the only rational explanation.

And that''s the worst performance from Liverpool I''ve ever witnessed. I can give a cast iron copper bottomed guarantee they will NOT play like that on Wednesday - no matter how well we play.

Mutter, grumble, moan .........[/quote]

True, and it shows how much luck has to play in it.

Liverpool will not play a poorer game all season. Fortunately for Hull, it was against them.

Much like our win vs Man U last season, when ManU were dead poor.

Lower half Premier teams need this kind of luck during the season to stay up.

I won''t be surprised if Hull stay up, maybe 1 or 2 point cushion, and look back to this highly unexpected win over Liverpool who did not turn up on the day…

Yes, I know, there arr 38 games during the season, and unexpected things will always happen, but come on, Hull has had too much rub of the green this season.,

Time to moan about it to turn it around :)

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]The great news is that this forum is entirely unrepresentative of the majority of City fans. This has to be as negative a forum as any in the entire professional game.[/quote]Oh no it isn''t...

I have to say that results from other matches are fairly unimportant.  If Hull or any of the "lesser" teams beat a "big" club, it just shows to the rest of the league that these clubs can be beaten and consequently gives us all hope and in the process takes away some of the perceived power that the "big" clubs are supposed to have.    It also has the effect of making the  whole league more competitive.As far as results go, the only results that matter are ours.   We have stayed in the league the last two seasons because we took points off some of the top clubs along the way. 

[quote user="grefstad"]I won''t be surprised if Hull stay up, maybe 1 or 2 point cushion, and look back to this highly unexpected win over Liverpool who did not turn up on the day… [/quote]Like we look back on WBA & Man C last season you mean