Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Martin jol sacked

Not good for us. Would rather see Jol at the helm until after ee play them during Xmas. Now they may get the "new manager effect" vs us, but then again, so could Palace.,

[quote user="grefstad"]Not good for us. Would rather see Jol at the helm until after ee play them during Xmas. Now they may get the "new manager effect" vs us, but then again, so could Palace.,[/quote]The new manager myth is alive and well.

Considering Southampton, it is not unreasonable to point to them as the ''counter example'' to the ''new manager'' myth. Indeed, extending this example, given we''re so well placed in 15th position, is it not an even better time to change our management team?

Fulham have a squad full of has-beens and non performers. My money''s on relegation.

Hooray lets get him here.  Must be better than what we''ve got.  All that experience, successful, foreign - bound to "fit in" at CR.   After all, he produces such attacking football and lots of goals.   And he''s not nice, is tough, his suits don''t fit -  and the players would do anything for him, just like they did at Fulham...................

[quote user="ricardo"]Shocked I tell ye, shocked and stunned.[;)][/quote]

A week ago you didn''t think there was a chance he could be :)

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Fulham have a very decent squad , now their problem has been removed they will climb the table .[/quote]You''re kidding, right?Fulham squad is basically made up of Premier League journeymen who no one else wanted. I don''t care who their manager is, I think they''ll be relegated.

I wonder if Norwich can ditch their negative fans and get some better ones. There must be some free fans available from Portsmouth or Coventry.

[quote user="K Lo"]I wonder if Norwich can ditch their negative fans and get some better ones. There must be some free fans available from Portsmouth or Coventry.[/quote]I wonder if Fulham had a few more ''happy clapper'' and ''cool-aid'' fans, that Jol would still be employed?

[quote user="refjezdavies"][quote user="ricardo"]Shocked I tell ye, shocked and stunned.[;)][/quote]

A week ago you didn''t think there was a chance he could be :)[/quote]No mate that was CH.[:D]

Perhaps the Premier LEague doesn''t suit Jol''s style?  His record with Hamburg and Ajax is awesome (and yet Ajax didn''t win the title...)In fact, his Spurs record is pretty decent though I guess a club that sees itself as "Big Six" probably wanted more.

TeamFromToRecord
GWDLWin %
Roda JC19961998572972150.88
RKC Waalwijk1998200420979448637.80
Tottenham Hotspur5 November 200425 October 200714867384345.27
Hamburger SV1 July 200830 June 2009533271460.38
Ajax1 July 20096 December 20107750161164.94
Fulham7 June 20111 December 201311338284733.63

Interesting Mr Chops stats for Jol at Fulham win ratio of

33.63%

Chrus Hughton at NCFC win ratio 33.33%

Unlucky Mr Jol methinks, unless!?

He''s been doing alright there the past few years. Why the hell did he sign Bent, Taraabt and Berbatov to play in the same team together? They might as well of started every game with 8 men and only brought 3 more on when the ball is in the final 5th of the pitch. Stupid decision and unsurprisingly it cost him his job

[quote user="City 2nd"]Interesting Mr Chops stats for Jol at Fulham win ratio of

33.63%

Chrus Hughton at NCFC win ratio 33.33%

Unlucky Mr Jol methinks, unless!?[/quote]

Pretty much standard for mid-table prem.

Id have Martin Jol here in a flash, he is an excellent manager. Thought he was very unlucky at spurs and cant really explain what went wrong for him this season. The above is a very good point, however. Dont think he would be attainable though. Easy thought to have that he might work well with fer and rvw, but just cuz their the same nationality doesnt mean they will, though I imagine their football culture would be similar

Soton are just another example of player budget being the main driver of teams points in the premier league as they are heavily subsidised by the owner

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2013-12-01 10:45 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

Interesting Mr Chops stats for Jol at Fulham win ratio of 33.63% Chrus Hughton at NCFC win ratio 33.33% Unlucky Mr Jol methinks, unless!?

Laudrup - Swansea 36.23

Clarke - WBA 33.93

Allardyce - WHU 42.20

Mackey - Cardiff 44.27

Bruce - Hull 46.97

Hughes -Stoke 31.25

On that score Mr Hughes better watch out and Mr Clarke needs to be looking over his shoulder!

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Id have Martin Jol here in a flash, he is an excellent manager. Thought he was very unlucky at spurs and cant really explain what went wrong for him this season. The above is a very good point, however. Dont think he would be attainable though. Easy thought to have that he might work well with fer and rvw, but just cuz their the same nationality doesnt mean they will, though I imagine their football culture would be similar[/quote]

Apart from the point about Fer and RVW, I can''t really understand the point being made.   Fulham have been worse than us in their apparent approach to football over the last two or three seasons.    If Martin Jol is an excellent manager, then so is Chris Hughton.  "Don''t think he would be attainable" - why not?   There is a sense that comes across on this board that we are not worthy and that everything about our club is somehow not worthy.  The players, the manager or whatever.   We are one of the best run football clubs in the toughest league arguably in the world.   We are debt free,  ambitious in terms of consolidating our top league status, striving to succeed, have good players and I believe, a manager who is more than up to the task.  Any manager ought to look at us and think, yes, a great club to manage.  

[quote user="City 2nd"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2013-12-01 10:45 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

Interesting Mr Chops stats for Jol at Fulham win ratio of 33.63% Chrus Hughton at NCFC win ratio 33.33% Unlucky Mr Jol methinks, unless!?

Laudrup - Swansea 36.23

Clarke - WBA 33.93

Allardyce - WHU 42.20

Mackey - Cardiff 44.27

Bruce - Hull 46.97

Hughes -Stoke 31.25

On that score Mr Hughes better watch out and Mr Clarke needs to be looking over his shoulder![/quote]With 3 wins in 13 Premier League games how does McKay get 44%?

Not surprised he''s been sacked, given the squad they have they should be comfortably mid table.

I really hope he doesn''t come to us but I think the board would recognise the madness of sacking CH to bring in a manager who''s led a stronger squad to a position below us in the table. Shame we couldn''t play them this season before he was sacked tho