Sign in to follow this  
Warren Hill

Candidates becoming available all the time

Keagan, Atkinson, Stuart Pearce, Terry Venables, Tony Mowbray, Jim Magilton . . . . . .

Just because managers are available, doesn''t mean they are better options.

This thread needs to be re-titled "Crap Candidates available all the time"

Last time England were good was under El Tel......Nearly 20 years ago. I wonder if he even bothers keeping track of young players nowadays, or is he on the after dinner circuit.

We already have a manager who judging by the AGM the board are happy with. All this manager talk is largely academic.

Ok, managers are becoming available but maybe there''s a good reason why they are coming available? I''m not a massive Hughton fan but replacing a poor performing manager with another poor performing manager is just plain stupid. Should we drop into the bottom three again and the board decide a new manager is needed I would hope they wouldn''t just pick from a list of the recently fired.

Agree with most posts on here. But then consider Southampton. They had the vision to change when things weren''t exactly dire. Their board just thought they could do better and made a brave call. Not doing too bad are they? Hughton is not the right bloke for me but we need to be careful to upgrade rather than go like-for-like.

We finished above Southampton last season. Let''s see who finishes where this season befor making hasty judgements.

Anyway, the reason Southampton changed was because they had a manager like Holloway and wanted to lay foundations like we are with Hughton...

Soton again?! Massively subsidised by a benefactor - is there a news blockade in Norfolk?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

We finished above Southampton last season. Let''s see who finishes where this season befor making hasty judgements.

Anyway, the reason Southampton changed was because they had a manager like Holloway and wanted to lay foundations like we are with Hughton...

[/quote]

We did indeed finish above Saints...that was last seasons before their man really got to grips with the players and the transfer market. Most folks would say he''s an upgrade on Adkins. Surprised you didn''t mention we beat them at CR as well - but as we all know, one game does not a season make. As we keep saying, the league table doesn''t lie. With regret, I don''t see us finishing above them this season, but we shall see Nutty.