skeps

team for liverpool

4-4-1-1

Ruddy

Whitts Bennett Bassong Garrido

Remond Howson Fer Olsson

Wes

Hooper

Balanced, defensive enough while maintaining creative options and no Bradley Johnson in sight ;)

[quote user="Dex"]4-4-1-1

Ruddy

Remond Howson Fer Olsson

Wes

Hooper

Balanced, defensive enough while maintaining creative options and no Bradley Johnson in sight ;)[/quote]Somebody pass GingerP a tissue to dry his eyes... [:P]

I suspect that Hughton may try to rest one or two players to keep them fresh for the game at the Hawthorns so soon after. So he may not put out what he thinks is the best team.

After his heroics against Palace, I would leave Olsson at LB. He is more likely to be able to cope with the pace which Liverpool have. I suspect that Wes  will be sacrificed in order to boost the defence, and I agree that Johnson is the only other defender, although I expect him to be booked for desperate tackling.

So we shall be back to the defensive shape we play away, because we lack pace to deal with what Liverpool offer.

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="Dex"]4-4-1-1

Ruddy

Remond Howson Fer Olsson

Wes

Hooper

Balanced, defensive enough while maintaining creative options and no Bradley Johnson in sight ;)[/quote]Somebody pass GingerP a tissue to dry his eyes... [:P][/quote]

Seriously, i''m getting proper pissed off with you and this Johnson rubbish. Don''t bother talking to me, its just incredibly annoying and I don''t want to deal with it.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="Dex"]4-4-1-1

Ruddy

Remond Howson Fer Olsson

Wes

Hooper

Balanced, defensive enough while maintaining creative options and no Bradley Johnson in sight ;)[/quote]Somebody pass GingerP a tissue to dry his eyes... [:P][/quote]

Seriously, i''m getting proper pissed off with you and this Johnson rubbish. Don''t bother talking to me, its just incredibly annoying and I don''t want to deal with it.[/quote]

LOL [:D]

How about:                       RuddyMartin Bennett Turner Olsson                 BassongHowson         Fer         Redmond                   Elmander                    Hooper

3-5-2

GK. Ruddy

DC. Martin

DC. Bennett

DC. Bassong

RWB. Redmond

LWB. Olsson

CM. Howson

CM. Fer

CM. Johnson

AM. Hoolahan

ST. Hooper

dont liverpool play 3 centre backs and 2 wing backs ?if we play a lone striker they are going to have a very easy evening

ruddy       bennett Turner basssoooonwhittaker                           olsson               fer    howson                 redmond                       hooper       someone

redmond can play across the park/roamingolsson and whitaker will have to be box to boxhooper and one from wolfie/elmander/becchio can keep the defenders busy

[quote user="Making Plans"]Golden rule - never change a winning team unless forced to by injuries[/quote]

Correct, team picks itself!

Plus...hoolahan in the hole on a 4411 completely isolates the striker. He had a good game mixing around with Redmond and hooper needs elmander up top with him.

Start of the season when we tried hoolahan behind RvW it was awful and poor ricky got no service! Also playing 2 strikers gives the defenders more to think about potentially giving wes even more space in between!

4-2-1-3

Martin - Bennett - Bassong - Olsson

Howson - Fer

Wes

Redmond - Elmander - Hooper

Allow a fluid front four, keep the scouse back three occupied, and it doesn''t really matter about restricting Howson and Fer to sit a little deeper, as they would be doing that anyway against a team with good movement and players like Liverpool, especially with Hughton in charge. No surprise we played some inventive football in the first half on Saturday when we got out best technical players combining on the pitch (thank you Wes!!)

Ruddy
Whittaker Turner Bassong Olsson
Hoolahan Howson Fer Redmond
               Hooper Elmander

Same team as on Saturday for me.

Johnson''s performances this season don''t warrant him coming into the side again. I''ll be very disappointed if he comes in for Hoolahan

After watching what Hull did, it has to be a midfiled overload with a Huddleston type perfromcance from Fer!

Knowing Hughton it will be 1 up top with two wingers pushing up to support.

That being said given our perfomce away from home and recently against Liverpool maybe we should consider:

Ruddy

Whittaker, Turner, Bennett, Bassong, Olsson, Garrido

Fer,      Johnson,   Howson

Hooper

Bit of a leftfield option, but one of Pellegrini''s favourites: 4-2-2-2. Reasoning behind it is it puts Hoohan and Howson in areas where they''re most effective and Olsson and Whittaker are pretty pacey so can give width.

Ruddy

Whittaker Bennett Bassong Olsson

Fer Johnson

Howson Hoolahan

Hooper Becchio

Howson is effective in CM. Don''t know why people think he''s not.

There is a difference between position and tactics. He clearly, either by his own decision/lack of confidence (unlikely) or Hughton''s instruction, stays back more and doesn''t bomb forward.

His bombing forward is what he does best, he can''t do that as much form an AM position, because he''s already forward.

Same team as Saturday for me anyway. No reason to change it. One striker, as already mentioned, will fail against their back three. Redmond showing more maturity already in his defensive duty. Hoolahan is always willing to track back and cover every blade of grass. Fer and Howson can sit deeper when required, and get forwards to support the strikers. It works, with fluidity from the midfield (Hoolahan roaming, Redmond swapping wings) Hooper and Elmander taking it in turns to go wide, drop back etc.

I do expect Hughton to drop Elmander for Johnson though. Don''t think he should, but its what I expect.

I just think Howson''s goals seem to come when he''s actually working in a more advanced position like he was v West Brom and in the 4-1-4-1 with Tettey behind Fer and Howson in the central area. I agree though, he''s no slouch when he plays further back.

And also agree that an ''if it ain''t broke don''t fix it ''approach to formation after a win against Crystal Palace might not be such a bad idea. Players have a chance to refine something they''ve already used successfully, albeit against a far inferior team, plus two strikers could help hold back Liverpool when their defence is feeling frail.

-------------------ruddy--------------------

martin-----bennet--bassong---garrido

redmond----fer----howson----olsson

------------------hoolahan----------------

-------------------hooper------------------

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Howson is effective in CM. Don''t know why people think he''s not.

There is a difference between position and tactics. He clearly, either by his own decision/lack of confidence (unlikely) or Hughton''s instruction, stays back more and doesn''t bomb forward.

His bombing forward is what he does best, he can''t do that as much form an AM position, because he''s already forward.

Same team as Saturday for me anyway. No reason to change it. One striker, as already mentioned, will fail against their back three. Redmond showing more maturity already in his defensive duty. Hoolahan is always willing to track back and cover every blade of grass. Fer and Howson can sit deeper when required, and get forwards to support the strikers. It works, with fluidity from the midfield (Hoolahan roaming, Redmond swapping wings) Hooper and Elmander taking it in turns to go wide, drop back etc.

I do expect Hughton to drop Elmander for Johnson though. Don''t think he should, but its what I expect.[/quote]

Agree with this. Howson and Fer are both better when they can bomb from deep, and drive forward. Box to box is there best position, and both can do that when Tettey plays. However Johnson simply hasn''t been as good this year, and bringing him in for this game would be a poor move. Especially considering the little opportunities the likes of Becchio have gotten, giving Johnson so many would be just strange

Time to park the bus big time. Sick of all these hamerings away against the big sides. Hughton has to realise this now. If he thinks he will play the same team that beat Palace just because we won the last game then he really is more stupid than i though. We need to get someone like Fer to do a man marking job on Suarez, not leave his side all game and play 3 center halfs and get about 3 players around Suarez everytime he gets the ball, totally crowd him out. We should have no intention of scoring whatsoever and just totally park the bus. If we try take the game to Liverpool we will loose atleast 4-0. If the likes of Coutinho, Gerrard etc score a wonder goal we will have to hold our hands up but hughton needs to do something different tactically to Liverpool, Man C, Man U away.

[img]http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2013/12/884270_Norwich_City.jpg[/img]

I reckon this should do it: [img]http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2013/12/884319_Norwich_City.jpg[/img]