Sign in to follow this  
Iwans Big Toe

I won't be happy unless we lose 5-0 on Wednesday

I suppose it''s your way of wanting the best for the club. Right now I don''t think we have the right men in charge of the first team, but people could argue that wishing a defeat isn''t true support. However, I sort of see where you are coming from.

Feelings like wanting us to lose 5-0 is born, in some way, out of true support for the club.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]I suppose it''s your way of wanting the best for the club. Right now I don''t think we have the right men in charge of the first team, but people could argue that wishing a defeat isn''t true support. However, I sort of see where you are coming from.

Feelings like wanting us to lose 5-0 is born, in some way, out of true support for the club.[/quote]woosh......

Wanting your team to lose should be akin to treason in my opinion. It''s self centered as well, only wanting what you believe is best. And then you have the nerve to celebrate if we score or in in a game you wanted us to lose to satisfy your own weird agenda? That''s not what being a club is.

[quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"]Does that make me a true Norwich supporter????

[/quote]

Some ''fans'' on this forum would absolutely love that result. They''d be on here within seconds of the final whistle saying they''re ''true fans'' and only want the best for the club by seeing Huohgton sacked.

5-0 is an odd scoreline to want.  Would you be unhappy if we lost 6 or 7 nil ?  Would 4-0 just not do it ?  If we come away with a 1-0 win, will that be worse than a draw ?  Given that we conceded 13 goals against Liverpool in our last 3 games, and conceded 5 in both fixtures last year, what do you think would be the effect of another 5-0 defeat ?

Fact is, after Wednesday we have a long run of mainly easier games.  Our start to the season, especially the first 9 games, was harder than our games coming up.  So it''s not surprising our results are now getting better.

I just think a lot of posters on here have unrealistic expectations.  Also it''s not as if there are loads of better managers waiting to be brought in.  All the names mentioned either make me laugh or fill me with dread - aside from ones on the continent that I know nothing about and would be a complete gamble.

Totally agree - too many people think we should be aiming for 7th or some how getting into Europe. Personally I think still achieving PL status should be main aim.

Does that make me unambitious, or am I just realistic?

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Ah being new to this forum has meant I''ve made the terrible mistake of taking someone at face value. Woosh, indeed.[/quote]

Don''t worry about it.   Some people think that "whooshing" people is fun, but there are good whooshes and bad whooshes. Simply writing a statement and then going "whoosh" to people is worse than a bad April Fool''s joke. 

Feelings like wanting your club to lose 5-0 come from being a self-important know-it-all idiot who is more interested in massaging your own ego by being proved right in your desperation not to be shown to be misguided in your obsessive seizing of every possible negative rather than trusting in those who''ve done an exemplary job in guiding Norwich back from oblivion to the Premier League to make the right judgements in the club''s best interests.

Considering the achievement of the board in guiding this Club from near oblivion to our current status, I find it utterly embarrassing that some people are on here saying McNally should go because he hasn''t sacked Hughton yet.

Likewise, those fans who think that us losing on Wednesday will achieve some ''greater good'' are seriously deluded. CH is nowhere near as close to the sack as some fans would like to make out. What I also find remarkable is given CH has only lost about 5 PL home games in the whole time he''s been in charge, most supporters have little to complain about.

There would be people like dogs with two tails if we get stuffed 5-0. We know who they are. They''re the ones who said we wouldn''t beat Palace and have hardly been seen since. The silver lining for a heavy defeat will be watching the childlike rants on here...

The whole ''I want Norwich to lose'' has now gone completely full-circle and is simply just a poor self-parody of itself. Wasn''t funny nor interesting to begin with. It''s the new Asda.

I think you''re probably right Chunky. On reflection I think these people are less happy when we win rather than wanting us to lose.

Fair play YellowNets, you will soon lose that naive trusting nature if you stay on here

And hope.......

[quote user="Jonzey"]

[/quote]

And if we get a say 1-1 or 0-0 draw, those same fans will be on here saying ''Hull beat them'', ''we were too defensive'' ''One result doesn''t mean anything'' the same way they have all seasn whenever we''ve got ourselves a decent result. Really don''t understand th vitriol directed towards Hughon at the minute.

Some ''fans'' on this forum would absolutely love that result. They''d be on here within seconds of the final whistle saying they''re ''true fans'' and only want the best for the club by seeing Huohgton sacked.

[/quote]

[quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"][quote user="Jonzey"]

[/quote]

And if we get a say 1-1 or 0-0 draw, those same fans will be on here saying ''Hull beat them'', ''we were too defensive'' ''One result doesn''t mean anything'' the same way they have all seasn whenever we''ve got ourselves a decent result. Really don''t understand th vitriol directed towards Hughon at the minute.

[/quote][/quote]Not sure what happened to that - I obviously typed in the wrong place

How the hell can anyone claim to be a fan and be happy to say I won''t be happy unless we lose 5-0 Sorry but you are a moron and should go fishing on the river and free u a seat for a real fan to use