Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

coyle sacked,

And they don''t think much of grant holt

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=558&fid=516&sty=2&act=1&mid=2111861004

do you think he regrets leaving for wigan?

Nope don''t think he regrets it. It was definitely the right time to go he''s probably a lot happier with his family. If he doesn''t get played soon he can just run and moan to the papers to get on. That''s the way things are done, right?

From GH''s public comments it seemed pretty clear he didn''t want to stay here as 2nd choice which he would have been - remember RVW was signed up ages ago so he knew the score.  I think the move suited both parties, we got £2m for a striker near the end of his career, he got a move nearer home, chance of a regular starting role and a season in Europe.

With hindsight most of us are unimpressed with Elmander as a replacement for Holt this season, but hindsight is always easy isn''t it ?

I don''t see Elmander as a replacement for Holt and therefore am not unimpressed. I think Elmander will get better and better.

I think Hooper is in the same vein as Holty and I think he will prove himself to be an excellent striker this year.

Holty ends with a day at Wembley and a chance in Europe, and moved nearer to his family. I think he''s pretty happy how it''s all ended. Shame he didn''t get his England cap as that would have rounded off a pretty good career. Not bad for a "fat cheat" as my QPR mate kept calling him.

We all know he starts the season off slow. Watch him come back and bang the goals in for the new boss. I think they absolutely have to start Holt in that make or break European tie.

Have to agree now though that it does look like we got his best years and he''s on the decline.

Still a class act in every respect and i think every Norwich fan would happily buy him a pint if they saw him. For me, he was the main reason behind our promotions to the premiership.

I always thought Holt''s move to Wigan was great business for us, but not for Wigan. I felt that Holt would probably not achieve much at Wigan who would sell him on the cheap to Carlisle to end his career there.

We miss Holt''s leadership, and goals of the 2011/2012 season, but I still feel his sale was good business for us.

Shame for Coyle, who I like as a person. Doesn''t strike me as a particularly inspirational manager though. He was great during the Fabrice Muamba situation.