Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Honestly finishing position

In all honesty my opinion fluctuates from week to week at the moment, as does my opinion on the manager. After the weekend I think we can finish somewhere between 10-15th and I''d see that as acceptable. But if they put in too many more away performances like Man City I worry that we could finish in the bottom 3. Ask me again Sunday morning and if we''ve won both our games before then I''ll probably say we can push on and challenge for Europe!!! Oh the fickle life of a football supporter. [:D]

It''s far to early to really tell yet and I still feel that as with last year it will go down to the last few games and be decided on how well/poor the teams around us do over that period.

11th was a great result last year and I don''t think we will do as well this season Judging it on our form this year so far I am going to say 15th. It looks at the moment that Palace and Sunderland are starting to get cut adrift at the bottom which is great for us, meaning it will only be the third place we will be scrapping against. The Pulis factor may kick in though, It will be interesting to see how Palace get on v West Ham tonight.  

18th. I fear we will not have enough of a points cushion before we hit that horrendous last four game run in. If we are not already safe by the middle of April we will struggle to survive. We played two teams at the right time in the last two games last season. Hope for the same this if Champions already crowned and all English clubs out of Champions League. Great believer in the beach effect me! Oh nearly forgot, some top players might also have half an eye on avoiding injury before a little trip to Brazil.

Lotto at present, but given the current standards and performances I believe the bottom 3 will go down and won''t get more than 32 points. I think we will finish a nervy 17th on 35 points.

I don''t see us picking up many points away from home, we don''t look capable of drawing any games away and might nick a couple more wins at places like Palace or Fulham.

Not so confident as some who belive a 10th place finish is in our reach this year, it might well be but I can''t see it from our start this year.

[quote user="Brightside"]

It''s far to early to really tell yet and I still feel that as with last year it will go down to the last few games and be decided on how well/poor the teams around us do over that period.

11th was a great result last year and I don''t think we will do as well this season Judging it on our form this year so far I am going to say 15th. It looks at the moment that Palace and Sunderland are starting to get cut adrift at the bottom which is great for us, meaning it will only be the third place we will be scrapping against. The Pulis factor may kick in though, It will be interesting to see how Palace get on v West Ham tonight.  

[/quote]
Not sure it is. Ricardo came out with some interesting statistics on points after 12 games a week or so back.
For me look to be potential bottom 5 but the upper reaches of the bottom 5 - so I will go for 16th, and I would grab it now if offered!

I predicted 10th at the beginning of the season and will stick to that. The new players are settling in now and results will improve over time as the injured players come back and if new players join in January ''to help the others out'' as PL used to say. Keep the faith!

So far I''ve seen very little evidence that we are better than more than 4 other teams and as another unbeaten run of 10 games looks unlikely, it''s got to be either 18th, 17th or 16th Right now I''d settle for 17th, although I fear that even that might be beyond our capabilities.