Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Outs in the transfer window?

With a number of players out on loan, and a few players out in the cold, are we likely to see many players leave the club this transfer window?

What about the Surmans of this world? Are they contracted to their loan clubs til the end of the season or could they be moved on or brought back? Anyone think any of the current first team squad are likely to be moving on?

Very much doubt it, we need them all right now. But, I can see one or two additions even if its loan signings, perhaps acouple of nice surprises will come our way! 

I''m not sure that Surman would get much of a game, barring injuries. We now have a good creative midfield, with Howson and Fer, and with Wes on occasions or regularly. We also have, when fit, four good wide players, five if we count Josh and Jacob.

Assuming the strikers come good, and Hooper is progressing, we are reasonably well set up.

Rudd has been a regular while on loan, I think. Would se want him back early, with the unknown nature of Bunn''s injury?

I think that we do need to sign one or two players in the window. Apart from Olsson, the full backs worry me with their lack of pace, and our cover at CB is limited.

If I had to choose where we need strengthening most it would be in the Tettey position. He''s fine, but there is no-one to replace him if his injured or loses form. And then a good RB or CB, to stop leaking so many goals.

[quote user="Salopian"]I''m not sure that Surman would get much of a game, barring injuries. We now have a good creative midfield, with Howson and Fer, and with Wes on occasions or regularly. We also have, when fit, four good wide players, five if we count Josh and Jacob.

Assuming the strikers come good, and Hooper is progressing, we are reasonably well set up.

Rudd has been a regular while on loan, I think. Would se want him back early, with the unknown nature of Bunn''s injury?

I think that we do need to sign one or two players in the window. Apart from Olsson, the full backs worry me with their lack of pace, and our cover at CB is limited.

If I had to choose where we need strengthening most it would be in the Tettey position. He''s fine, but there is no-one to replace him if his injured or loses form. And then a good RB or CB, to stop leaking so many goals.[/quote]

I don''t mean to nitpick (well actually I do enjoy it from time to time), but even though they''re twins don''t they still count as individuals in Premier League squads? If not surely Hwootoon is missing a trick by not playing them both, meaning we could field a total of 12 players. You may be on to something here though and this could be the answer to us creating a few more chances.

I personally would splurge every cent we had on a quality midfield partner for Fer and let Howson and Hoolahan compete for the attacking midfielder role, though I do think Wes did very well on the right, despite how unnatural it is for him. Think if we could get someone with similar attributes to Fer our season could take off. We need someone with the all round talents of Fer to play next to him, a quality defensive midfielder who is also creative, to allow Fer and Howson some more freedom, or allow Fer to be that player and bring in a complete central midfielder. I would splurge every penny we had on that player and let Howson become our number 10

The trick with twins Hyena , is to only register one, start him every game and tell him to run his legs off, then,have his brother replace him at half time, fresh legs, slightly different tricks and style, but identical to the eye. This is how Man u did so well for so long, The Giggs twins being the last of a twin birth hotspot between 35 and 40years ago.that sir Alex took advantage of , involving the Butt,Beckham,Scholes and Neville twins (the last two were not identical so had to play as two people)....he even scoured France for Eric and Derrick Cantona who, of course both played as Eric. I hope that helps.

Maybe we could get Anita from Newcastle to partner Fer and then the pundits could go on about the Dutch Oven in the middle for us :-D

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]I personally would splurge every cent we had on a quality midfield partner for Fer and let Howson and Hoolahan compete for the attacking midfielder role, though I do think Wes did very well on the right, despite how unnatural it is for him. Think if we could get someone with similar attributes to Fer our season could take off. We need someone with the all round talents of Fer to play next to him, a quality defensive midfielder who is also creative, to allow Fer and Howson some more freedom, or allow Fer to be that player and bring in a complete central midfielder. I would splurge every penny we had on that player and let Howson become our number 10[/quote]

Howson has been our best central midfielder this season. And Fer has done well too.

I don''t see any need to break them up. I''d rather they continued playing together to further improve their partnership.

The Great Mass Debater wrote the following post at 02/12/2013 6:20 PM:

" ....though I do think Wes did very well on the right, despite how unnatural it is for him...."

The goal came when Redmond was playing on the right and Hoolahan on the left. They interchanged positions most of the game. We see this adaptability with Pilkington as well, often he drifts over to the right, it seems to be a Hughton tactic.

At the moment the squad numbers 24. That leaves two spaces as Redmond is under 21. I don''t see either Fox or Ayala coming back into the squad in January and Surman isn''t listed now. That leaves 4 spaces available. I''d like to see a creative ACM, another DM and either another CB or a pacey RB like Naughton, with Martin as the 4th CB and covering RB as well.

I''d be tempted to bring in cover for Olsson and let Garrido look elsewhere. Same goes for Michael Turner.

I''d let Becchio move out on loan or on a permanent. We haven''t respected his career at all since he''s been here and I think for the good of that, he needs to move on.

Let Jacob Murphy out on loan to a Championship club. Keep Josh.

As for Ins. I''d like to see another striker brought in if Becchio leaves. A central defender has to be our top priority this January. As I say, perhaps a left back to cover Olsson.

I know this isn''t easy to find but it would be great to bring in a proper leader. Someone who can lift the team on the pitch, be the motivational voice that seems to be lacking in our squad and management.

I want Becchio to go out on loan so he can complete his full metamorphosis into Cody McDonald.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]The Great Mass Debater wrote the following post at 02/12/2013 6:20 PM:

" ....though I do think Wes did very well on the right, despite how unnatural it is for him...."

The goal came when Redmond was playing on the right and Hoolahan on the left. They interchanged positions most of the game. We see this adaptability with Pilkington as well, often he drifts over to the right, it seems to be a Hughton tactic.[/quote]

I believe that was an "oxymoron" Hughton tactic ?