Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report v Palace

Ricardo - I think you should just ignore the odd obnoxious low IQ idiot. I for one appreciate your reports and read them in preference to the official media  reports.

[quote user="ricardo"]Thank you for the mostly positive comments. I continued doing these reports mainly because the late lamented Ardee asked me to carry on when he could no longer attend. Possibly because we were from a similar generation and held similar views on most things NCFC he had a certain amount of confidence that I would give him the unvarnished truth.[/quote]I don''t often comment on your reports Ricardo as we clearly nearly always watch the same game so I find I have little to add, and I am not nearly as eloquent as you. However, they are always the first thing I look for on here on my return from the games. It''s always nice to get a balanced and reasoned view of the match amid the rabid pandemonium you get on here after a poor performance or result. I feel sure there must be many others like me who are grateful for the effort you put in but, I''m ashamed to say, fail to acknowledge it. Rest assured, your reports are highly regarded by most on here so keep up the good work.....and thanks. [Y]

Maybe Ardee wanted you to continue because he knew that what you give us all is brilliant.

I have read out your reports to my father-in-law and other people - of whom have asked if you are a professional journo! That''s how good your reports are.

Keep going and ignore the utter rubbish that appears on here sometimes.

I find your report generally "the voice of reason" Ricardo even if I don''t always agree.

For me there were a number of positives for me from yesterdays game. For the first time in as long as I can remember we played as a tem 1-11 without isolating the striker or strikers, it showed in the first half however briefly that if we play the game the right way and get the ball into the box and support the strikers they can and will score goals. Hopefully Hughton will take note of this and perhaps actually try to make it an ongoing thing.

I have been very clear in my negativity of Hughton and his tactics but maybe there is still hope.

Obviously 3 points are hugely valuable regardless of the performances.

I still think we desperately need a full no10 who offers more than Howson or Hoolahan as the attacking midfielder, maybe a cross between the 2 with a full range of passing as well as an eye for goal both from range and bursting into the box.

Kind of like Leroy Fer is a mix of Tettey & Fox doing the job of 2 players.

I think the idea of playing one winger is probably the way to go short term and hopefully we will get the player weve been missing in January.

it was also great to have Bassong back.

Ricardo, do not even hint at not carrying on with your reports, I greatly appreciated them and believe you write with a genuine desire to protray the facts. I try to avoid to responding to any other message on a Saturday until I have read your report so that I can write a few lines myself. THis board needs quality regulars like you, keep it up and I look forward to your next report....any chance you can take a trip to Anfield and The Hawthorns?

The Ricardo match reports are one of my favourite threads, and I hope you''ll continue writing them for many a season yet.  Don''t let a faceless bellend get you down.

Only one thing worse than a faceless bellend; a bellend with a face (shudders).

Can only echo the rest Ricardo. One of the (sadly) few things I can rely on here for an absorbing & interesting read.

I''m not the most popular in some circles but I think your reports are good Ricardo.

[quote user="king canary"]Definitely not a 4-3-3, it was a midfield 4 with Wes and Redmond switching flanks. My man of the match was Howson.[/quote]

Seriously ????

i always read them and always enjoy them, don''t always agree with them sometimes i wish you''d just let rip and  say" that was fooking unacceptable bollox" when it clearly is, but you do a trevor brooking like "he''ll be disappointed with that" instead because you are a bit of a gentleman [:D]

If only to echo what others have said- As a canary exiled abroad your match report is far and away the best I can get hold of; professional or otherwise. Keep up the great work.

Stick at it Ricardo. You talk as much sense, and cobblers, like the rest of us, but I do like the consistency of being able to contribute to a thread and it is difficult when there are about 20 to chose from. For some reason your threads don’t always get taken over by the usual bunch of "did"/ "didn''t" merchants and it is nice of them to stay away. I think most of them are missing from this one.

Carry on, that man[:)]

[quote user="ron obvious"]Just to add that I still miss Snowy.[/quote]Kind of you to mention him Ron, he''s gone but never forgotten.[:(]

[quote user="Les"]Ricardo out ! ![/quote]It was alright for Steven Fry but I thiink it''s a bit late for our Ricky. [8-|] [:D]