Sign in to follow this  
Izaak Hunt

Hughton Gone

By tomorrow afternoon after tonight''s shocking score...... here''s hoping any way.

He needs to go if pulis continues to improve palarse, and if mulenstein has the magic effect on Foolham

Give him a break! 2 wins in 3 is acceptable. We are playing Liverpool away who have spent about 200 million quid on players recently. Where do you think we should be? Pushing for Europe with the 4th smallest overall budget in the league?

We should be about 3-6 points better off at least the way we''ve played in some games hull, Newcastle and another I can''t remember who tho. So you work out roughly where we should be

An improving Palace?! Here''s me thinking that our lowly 1-0 win over them was pathetic. Get a grip. Do most supporters think we''ll get a result tonight? Probably not. Hughton for the time being is here to stay. The board back him and unless you have any influence in the boardroom nothing''s changing.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]"Give him a break" from jimmy smith, gold.[/quote]

Yes, after all the threads i''ve left, i''m in the Hughton in camp for now, he''s got us back to about where we should be. If you carefully read them back, they have rarely been fully one sided Hughton out threads. I blamed him for the Newcastle game, yes, but after 2 wins from the last three (as i stated would be required from him), he deserves a break from the pressure.

Some of management is a guessing game and you don''t know how the team will do that you send out. I felt he made a mistake vs Newcastle that never gave us a chance in the match, but i can see why he picked his team.

If lose the next three, serious questions will be asked again, but let''s now let him get on with it. He''s had some ''easy'' games now so can''t moan about the tough fixtures but now we have a few more points and goals on the board.

Personally I think it was Bradley Johnson who made the mistake that never gave us a chance. You just never know I guess. Fair play to you though Jimmy. You stated your requirements and when the team delivered you have stuck by it. More than a lot of people on here would have done. Out of interest what do you make of our next 3 games? Is 4 points enough? I''d say 3 is a minimum requirement.

I''d say 3 minimum too. A couple more and he can sit with his family at Christmas dinner and not worry about his job at all.

As much as i''d like us to progress to a club challenging for Europe, you have to be realistic. If we can hold on to premiership football another season, then it''s all good.

I''m hoping Hughton improves his management of the team away from home now. He''s turned the home draws into wins and now getting a few results away is next on his list of things to learn. His cautious approach is overused away from home and we''re a real soft touch usually. After Liverpool, we have WBA and Sunderland next away from home and a real chance to pick up some points away.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="mrs miggins"]"Give him a break" from jimmy smith, gold.[/quote]

Yes, after all the threads i''ve left, i''m in the Hughton in camp for now, he''s got us back to about where we should be. If you carefully read them back, they have rarely been fully one sided Hughton out threads. I blamed him for the Newcastle game, yes, but after 2 wins from the last three (as i stated would be required from him), he deserves a break from the pressure.

Some of management is a guessing game and you don''t know how the team will do that you send out. I felt he made a mistake vs Newcastle that never gave us a chance in the match, but i can see why he picked his team.

If lose the next three, serious questions will be asked again, but let''s now let him get on with it. He''s had some ''easy'' games now so can''t moan about the tough fixtures but now we have a few more points and goals on the board.[/quote]

I''m sure if we lose the next home game you''ll want him gone no doubt? You sound as if you''re not ashamed about it.

"you have to be realistic" why all the hughton out threads? I don''t mean to necessarily have a go at you, just your kind; the fans who have a go at the manager when things are tough,

He won''t be going anywhere after tonight''s result. So you might as well save your whining for a later date.

i think tonight is probably one where you can forgive him a defeat, the manner of the defeat will be what people will get angry about

however, we play west brom & swansea next, teams we should be competing with and if theres nothing from those games then he should be kicked in the shins and thrown on the first tractor out of town

i hope hughton stays for a long time, a very good manager, about 5% want him out, not gonna happen anytime soon, a lot more fans want us to keep him.

these thrads are getting boring