Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

lets just put this into perspective

whatever the final score is tonight, this isnt man city we are playing, this is liverpool. A team beaten by Hull at the weekendand we are 3 down after 35 minutes

[quote user="iron_stan"]its not the fact we are heading towards defeat, its the manner of the defeat

[/quote]We''ve been saying that for 2 seasons, nothing has changed.

Surely ''putting this into perspective'' would be that Liverpool are 4th and have lost once at home all season, scoring 4 in their last two home games, rather than (cherry) picking their worst result (one they would clearly be smarting from).

It is annoying that we seem so adept at rolling over away from home, clearly something needs to change in the tactics or mindset. But it is not just Hughton, we were pretty crap away in the PL under Lambert as well, and also Worthy....

In the last 60 league and cup games against Liverppol home and away we have Won 14, Drawn 14 and Lost 32, scoring 63 goals and conceding 118, what else is there to say. We were gubbed by Liverppol when Lambert was in charge, we have lost 7 of our last 8 Premiership meetings with Liverpool. Suarez loves scoring against us.........

The score tonight should not come as a surprise, if certain posters think it will result in Chris Hughton getting sacked (as they hope) they are going to be sorely disappointed.

Do not get me wrong, I am not a big fan of Chris Hughton, but tonight was always going to be a heavy defeat, whatever ypu may think. Personally i have got one eye on our next two games....... 

Liverpool are a reasonably good team but also have one of the top 4 or 5 footballers in the world upfront for them.

We have 4 players on the pitch who probably wouldn''t/shouldn''t be in our best team.

I don''t care one bit that we have gone in 3-0 at half time due to the brilliance of a world class striker.

But I take serious issue with coming back out having not made any changes at all, with your best striker still on the bench because we have a manager without the bottle to give it a go.

[quote user="QHcanary"]Man city lost to Cardiff and Sunderland.[/quote]

Villa beat arsenal

WHU beat Spurs

WBA beat utd

Saints drew at United

Hull beat Liverpool

Cardiff beat Man City

Sunderland beat Man City

We never turn up

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]QHcanary = Man City have a poor away record.......[/quote]

I know. I''m not daft.

I just don''t think there''s any weight in the "Liverpool lost to hull" argument. There have been loads of funny results this season.

Liverpool didn''t really turn up against hull.