Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Elmander is better than Becchio

Just a quick comparison...we didn''t know if Grant Holt was going to be good enough at this level until PL gave him a chance. Same for Ricky Lambert at Saints. Becchio may not be good enough but to find out surely he is worth more than 5 or 10 mins here and there? He is instinctive if we get a few more balls into the box! I don''t exactly see the other strikers we have as different class...look at this seasons stats. Hopefully Hooper will continue to improve and RvW should be back soon. I can''t understand why Becchio didn''t get more time in the League Cup matches.

Elmander is better than BecchioI''m amazed that anyone can come to that conclusion when Elmander has only played a handful of games & Becchio has played none.Elmander is not brilliant, but ok, and I''d like to see a few full games for Becchio before I jump to any rash comparisons of the two

its something you have to prove, elmander is probably better than becchio, but know one knows.If you looks at the palace match, elmander was slow, didn''t work that hard and didn''t win any balls in the air, but managed to come really close to scoring. Becchio won more balls in the air in 10 minutes than elmander did in 80. He needs to prove that he''s better, and why he is being paid so much

For all we know, Becchio might not quite have that ability to score goals in the prem. His goal scoring record so far in other leagues would suggest otherwise and that he clearly knows where the back of the net is.

The problem i have is where others, not just Ricardo, claim he''s a "championship standard player". Well i''m sorry but there''s no evidence of that. If that''s your opinion then fine, but i find it a little harsh to assume that before they''ve been given a run. Imagine our first season in the prem under Lambert. If we had just assumed players from the Championship were championship standard we''d have had to buy an entirely new starting eleven.

I would also suggest that already claiming he''s championship at best indicates little faith in Hughton. I doubt he''d have swapped a Centre Forward who''d proven he can score in the Prem for a striker he thought was ''Championship at best''...

The problem isn''t that Elmander is better than Becchio, it''s that both are nowhere near good enough to be included in an established Premiership team!

I don''t rate Elmanders performance on Saturday, he had one momnet where he hit the bar, other than that he was non excitent! Becchio looks out of his depth every time we see him, I understand why Hughton doesn''t rate him.

Hooper is starting to find his feet and look like he could well turn out to be our top goal scorer. We are lucky that Fer, Redmond and Howson look like they are now establishing themselves as the first on the team sheet.

I have my doubts that Becchio will be here much longer, he will no doubt go once we get a replacement in January. Hopefully another big strong striker, younger with more mobility than Elmander.

[quote user="hogesar"]I doubt he''d have swapped a Centre Forward who''d proven he can score in the Prem [Morison] for a striker he thought was ''Championship at best'' [Becchio][/quote]To add to this, I don''t think Becchio would have been brought here if he wasn''t an upgrade on Morison and if anything Morison fitted the ''Championship Standard'' label more than Becchio did. Leeds got rid of an unhappy player who wanted away but who''d have probably cost a lot more a season or two previously. Morison is nowhere now despite his 10 goal haul with us and I doubt in the present situation he''d be getting much of a look in or be refused a transfer like his replacement was.Under the circumstances Becchio is a decent option to have as a reserve and to try someone a bit different when the need arises. He can hold it up, link play, shoot from distance and poach; a bit of a different mix to what we already have and more than adequate for a 3rd/4th choice.

Well based on tonight''s team selection Elmander is better than everyone. Done nothing tonight to justify getting picked week in week out. Team selection is a joke, tactics are a joke, Hughton is a joke.