Sign in to follow this  
Jh1990

Match thread Liverpool vs Norwich City

City 2nd wrote:

ricardo wrote the following post at 2013-12-05 12:21 AM: Impossible to play him in this mood. What mood is that? The lack of a defence mood - 29 goals conceded so far in right games , -15 goal difference worst in league. Hughton is the man!

AND! Goals are goals, however scored.

The excuses are getting lamer and lamer.

And apologies it''s only 20 goals conceded, predictive keyboard unfortunately. Defensively we are crap - full stop. -15 goal difference! Yeah, brilliant, how can you defend such figures!

As Chops said, our players should have roughed Suarez up and taken a yellow in turn to take his mind off how confident he feels. Instead we just stand off a player who loves playing us and is so confident he''ll try anything.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="City 2nd"]ricardo wrote the following post at 2013-12-05 12:21 AM:

Impossible to play him in this mood.

What mood is that? The lack of a defence mood - 29 goals conceded so far in right games , -15 goal difference worst in league. Hughton is the man![/quote]I doubt any defence would have kept a clean sheet against him in this first 45 mins.[/quote]I mildly disagree.The backing-off allowed the chances to arise.  It''s very difficult to score wonder goals with someone super-glued to you, even for Suarez.

Are all you guys watching the game?

Second goal could have been better defended other than that the little tw@t has been unplayable.

We deserved to get thrashed at Man City, we were awful.

We''ve ironically played better than most away days and just been pulled apart by that little c*nt again.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="City 2nd"]ricardo wrote the following post at 2013-12-05 12:21 AM:

What mood is that? The lack of a defence mood - 29 goals conceded so far in right games , -15 goal difference worst in league. Hughton is the man![/quote]I doubt any defence would have kept a clean sheet against him in this first 45 mins.[/quote]

I agree with you Smithy! Just a shame we didn''t get this fixture while ratboy was suspended earlier in the season.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

What mood is that? The lack of a defence mood - 29 goals conceded so far in right games , -15 goal difference worst in league. Hughton is the man![/quote]I doubt any defence would have kept a clean sheet against him in this first 45 mins.[/quote]

I agree with you Smithy! Just a shame we didn''t get this fixture while ratboy was suspended earlier in the season.

[/quote]Yes Nigel but we''ve had 7 shots. If Hooper had been playing it would have been 3-3.

This has nothing to do with the line up or tactics employed, we haven''t actually looked that poor. This all comes down to Suarez having one of his typical games against us. 
Actually pretty good decision to rest Hooper, keep him fresh for WBA. We were never going to get anything from this game after Liverpool''s result to Hull

I know he is world class but you would have thought someone would of stuck to Suarez tonight !

Least  like others have said let him know he is in a game ......... he does not score a hattrick everytime he plays just against us !

The Hull v Liverpool match report said ratboy didn''t get a sniff. Assume they didn''t show him the same "respect" as our lot lot have done. Although unhappy with Hughtons tactics again. Surely the players have to take some of the blame.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]I think we were all hoping that we''d get Liverpool early on while he was suspended NuttyOf course we''d then have needed him to have been injured/suspended for the return fixture but it would have been a start.... [:D]

''''2 wondergoals and 1 clever finish, Luis Suarez 3, Norwich City 0''''

What the commentator said at halftime on my stream.

It''s easy to say we should close him down etc but how many times does a 45 yard volley go in the net? Standing off him stops him from skinning you and getting in to an even better position.

Complete over reaction from some of our fans, we''ve not even played badly, perhaps the second goal we should have done better but apart from that I don''t really have any complaints.

Prior to the third goal the shot stats were as follows...

Liverpool 8 shots, 2 on target

Norwich 7 shots, 2 on target

Then soon after, 3 shots on target, 3 goals, s**t happens doesn''t it?

Now don''t get me wrong here. Going in at half time like this is dreadful, but anyone claiming we''ve been playing defensively, or for a 0-0 is off their heads.

I''m not sure what you can do about the first, but the defending for the second left a lot to be desired, and Bennett for the third could have done better.

What Hughton can really do to prevent any of those goals is beyond me.

Does ANYONE expect him to hit it from 45 yards and it fly in like that?

Did he tell the players not to mark gerrard and Suarez from corners?

Bad results are ultimately the managers fault, but Luis Suarez playing like this is the absolute perfect situation to everyone that hates Chris Hughton. He''s scored 3 world class goals from 3 attempts. Unbelievable really.

I really don''t understand not playing hooper though. That one genuinely has baffled me.

[quote user="priceyrice"] we haven''t actually looked that poor.[/quote]LMFAOwhat game are you watching ?weve been terrible at the back, the minute they scored one the heads dropped, theres no fight in the team, the manager cannot inspire it either, been the same since day 1

So Hoots may do enough to keep us up ... thats a big MAYBE and worryingly that''s more relying on others to do badly. I would still fancy us to stay up but it''s going to be too close for comfort.

We really lack any invention and for a defence minded manager we look really poor defensively. Hoots had a great patch of form with our unbeaten run but apart from that we have never never looked good from one game to the next. On paper we have signed some good players but all the pieces of the puzzle never seem to fall together on game day.

I feel we are in a great position as a club and Hoots is struggling to find his stride and we have been really patient with him, but we cannot jeopardise ourselves long term.

The ingredients are there for us to push forward and I am not confident that will happen.

Back to this game .... let''s see if Hoots has any ideas for this game but history would seem to suggest he won''t have a clue.

Well at least I didnt have to watch it on a stream, TV coverage is back which was the good news. So, I thought I would have a quick look on here to read what''s being said and to be frank some off you should really be ashamed of yourselves, there I said it!  I think its Gary Birtles commentating, an ex pro, decent judge I would say and he said somethig like he has just witnessed one of the best striking displays he has probably ever seen in his life!!!!  Sure, it is absolutely gutting to be three down, particularly after those 0-4 and 0-7 are so fresh....but, its a weird match when our team HAS actually played quite well and yet a WORLD CLASS striker playing AT THE TOP OF HIS GAME scores three terrific goals, all of which Ruddy had no chance with. The team will be stunned by what has happened, they certainly were set up right and have created some decent chances, not defended so deep as usual for large parts of that half......no I will stop there.... as I just know its pointless going on when all I will get is abuse bac from simply stating what I have seen........

"we haven''t actually looked that poor."

"LMFAO what game are you watching ?"

Same one as me and he is right. We have looked more inventive than most of our games, have been playing some good football and have been undone by 2 wonder goals and a poorly defended corner.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Yes Nigel but we''ve had 7 shots. If Hooper had been playing it would have been 3-3.

[/quote]
Or if Hooper had been on at 0-0 or 1-0 we could have got a goal or put them under a little more pressure in their half so they didn''t press so persistently for their next 2 goals. Its easy to attack when you know your opposition offers little to no threat on your goal.

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="priceyrice"] we haven''t actually looked that poor.[/quote]LMFAOwhat game are you watching ?weve been terrible at the back, the minute they scored one the heads dropped, theres no fight in the team, the manager cannot inspire it either, been the same since day 1[/quote]
Completely disagree. There is a huge difference between our reaction to the goals today and those against Man City. Against city every players head dropped after 20 mins and from them on it was training round stuff for City. Today we have looked to continue playing our game after each goal. Wes has done well as has Redmond. I actually see us getting a goal or 2 in this, but unfortunately i see Suarez perhaps doing the same.
I would actually say, taking the goals away, this has been a relatively good away performance, although that says very little for our other away games.

[quote user="RollesbyCanary"]We''re the unluckiest team in the league. I''m so p1ssed off but I can''t really place any blame tonight, it''s so frustrating![/quote]lucks got nothing to do with itits hughtons tacticshow naive do youu have to be to play your best winger on his wrong side up against an england right back, when they have an inexperienced kid at left back

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="priceyrice"] we haven''t actually looked that poor.[/quote]LMFAOwhat game are you watching ?weve been terrible at the back, the minute they scored one the heads dropped, theres no fight in the team, the manager cannot inspire it either, been the same since day 1[/quote]
Completely disagree. There is a huge difference between our reaction to the goals today and those against Man City. Against city every players head dropped after 20 mins and from them on it was training round stuff for City. Today we have looked to continue playing our game after each goal. Wes has done well as has Redmond. I actually see us getting a goal or 2 in this, but unfortunately i see Suarez perhaps doing the same.
I would actually say, taking the goals away, this has been a relatively good away performance, although that says very little for our other away games.
[/quote]lol. lets see what the final score is then

Hang on. Watching the highlights, He wasn''t unmarked for the 2nd. It was just an unbelievable finish. Poor anticipation and marking of gerrard.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Well at least I didnt have to watch it on a stream, TV coverage is back which was the good news. So, I thought I would have a quick look on here to read what''s being said and to be frank some off you should really be ashamed of yourselves, there I said it!  I think its Gary Birtles commentating, an ex pro, decent judge I would say and he said somethig like he has just witnessed one of the best striking displays he has probably ever seen in his life!!!!  Sure, it is absolutely gutting to be three down, particularly after those 0-4 and 0-7 are so fresh....but, its a weird match when our team HAS actually played quite well and yet a WORLD CLASS striker playing AT THE TOP OF HIS GAME scores three terrific goals, all of which Ruddy had no chance with. The team will be stunned by what has happened, they certainly were set up right and have created some decent chances, not defended so deep as usual for large parts of that half......no I will stop there.... as I just know its pointless going on when all I will get is abuse bac from simply stating what I have seen........[/quote]Gary Birtles also said that he can''t believe that Hooper hasn''t been brought on

[quote user="QHcanary"]Now don''t get me wrong here. Going in at half time like this is dreadful, but anyone claiming we''ve been playing defensively, or for a 0-0 is off their heads.

I''m not sure what you can do about the first, but the defending for the second left a lot to be desired, and Bennett for the third could have done better.

What Hughton can really do to prevent any of those goals is beyond me.

Does ANYONE expect him to hit it from 45 yards and it fly in like that?

Did he tell the players not to mark gerrard and Suarez from corners?

Bad results are ultimately the managers fault, but Luis Suarez playing like this is the absolute perfect situation to everyone that hates Chris Hughton. He''s scored 3 world class goals from 3 attempts. Unbelievable really.

I really don''t understand not playing hooper though. That one genuinely has baffled me.[/quote]Hardly Bennetts fault, Suarez wrong footed everyone with that flick. I know he''s an obnoxious little bastard but he''s vastly different class to anything we have.We''ve played quite well but that means nothing when goals of that quality are scored against you.