Sign in to follow this  
Jh1990

Match thread Liverpool vs Norwich City

Does anyone honestly believe that 2 up top against Liverpool is a good idea? Also has anyone really been impressed with Hooper up front on his own? His best game was saturday with Elmander up top with him.

you should all run down to the bookies and put your mortgages on it if it''s so certain we will lose.

before the team came out did I think we would win? not really. did I think we had a chance? yes. do I still think the same? absolutely.

for me bradders being in the squad is more upsetting than hooper being on the bench. however for all we know this will be his make or break match to him. if he plays well he will have a shot for being in the XI for sat. if he doesn''t he may not see the pitch for a while again.

Im with JF on this one.........plus am OK with having a little rotation when the now limited squad has two tough away matches....

Is answering your own questions an effective rhetorical device? No.I do agree with BJ being a liability though. Does Hughton really believe he''ll shore up our defence?

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]If Elmander is the Swedish Grant Holt then why not give him a go on his own with Wes?[/quote]Elmander is definitely not the Swedish Grant Holt

Hull City boss Steve Bruce on starting with two strikers, Yannick Sagbo and Danny Graham: "Is it foolish? I just think if you don''t cause them a threat they will break you down.

"We have been defensive before and sometimes you come away and regret it. It might be a bit foolish but we want to give it go."

Guess we''ll see which approach works best tonight...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]Fact is Hooper has looked very anonymous when up front on his own away at the big teams eg arsenal so I can understand why he''s on the bench. Not been convinced by Elmander so far but the obvious rationale is that he''s got more scope to hold up the ball

A logical approach to tonight''s game.[/quote]

It is logical if Elmander can hold the ball up. People who have seen more games than me would better know the answer to whether that is likely.[/quote]

To be clear, I don''t think five in midfield against Liverpool away is a mistake. Far from it. But for it to work Elmander needs to make a decent fist of the job of lone striker. More depends on him than he might be able to deliver.

We''re currently top of the front page on one of the most popular sites around:Reddit Front Page PostI''d rather it would be for something pleasant but unfortunately not - it''s the goal we conceded against Arsenal, but I guess all publicity is good publicity...I think that karma will redress the balance and we''ll squeak a surprise victory tonight, and am pleased to see Hoolahan retain his starting place.

Ps sorry I couldn''t get there tonight guys, didn''t finish work until 6.30 so my ticket is going to waste. I''ve been to all our away games so far until Newcastle now I''ve missed 2 in a row. I''ll be at WBA and Subderland tho

I have no problem with us playing a 5 man midfield as long as the target man is a threat and not some average clugger, which is what Elmander has been IMO. Not terrible but very very average. However, Hoping he makes me eat my words.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]

Hull City boss Steve Bruce on starting with two strikers, Yannick Sagbo and Danny Graham: "Is it foolish? I just think if you don''t cause them a threat they will break you down.

"We have been defensive before and sometimes you come away and regret it. It might be a bit foolish but we want to give it go."

Guess we''ll see which approach works best tonight...

[/quote]Against Liverpool, Graham came on as a 90th minute substitute.

Should have gone ultra defensive to avoid another hammering.

Ruddy, Garrido, Turner, Bennett, Bassong, Martin, Whittaker, Johnson, Howson, Fer, Olsson.

This team is neither hear nor there. Are we having a go or sitting back or what. Hoolahan on the right? Give me a break!. Hopefully Hughton''s last game in charge tonight.

Here we go. Christmas stuffing or Christmas miracle?

Liverpool:

Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Flanagan, Allen, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez.

Subs: Brad Jones, Toure, Alberto, Aspas, Moses, Sakho, Lucas.

Norwich City:

Ruddy, Martin, Ryan Bennett, Bassong, Olsson, Howson, Johnson, Fer, Redmond, Hoolahan, Elmander.

Subs: Whittaker, Turner, Hooper, Garrido, Becchio, Nash, Murphy.

Referee: Anthony Taylor (Cheshire)