Sign in to follow this  
Jh1990

Match thread Liverpool vs Norwich City

Norwich starting XI: Ruddy; Martin, R Bennett, Bassong (c), Olsson; Johnson, Fer, Howson, Hoolahan, Redmond, Elmander.

We will lose atleast 5-0 looking at that, I mean put hooper on the bench you goal scorer in your last match shows the manager is useless and clueless

Wouldn''t have thought so, going one up top and with Elmander being the bigger man i guess he thinks he will hold it up better than Hooper.

Fact is Hooper has looked very anonymous when up front on his own away at the big teams eg arsenal so I can understand why he''s on the bench. Not been convinced by Elmander so far but the obvious rationale is that he''s got more scope to hold up the ball

A logical approach to tonight''s game.

hes dropped hooper to rest him for the next game, quite a sensible choice

and its also to be a bit more defensive, and its also pretty much admitting defeat before theyve even kicked off

skippdogg wrote the following post at 04/12/2013 7:08 PM:

happy with that

What is the joy factor in dropping hooper my man?

Lets see how they do, regardless of team he put out he would get flack, we are all getting used to that. Looking at this line up it will require a good shift in particular from Hoolahan and Johnson, oh and the rest will have to play well too of course.......see, you all missed my tenure as England Manager........

Come on, dropping Hooper.....Dubai.....what do you really think about that? Take the facade off and be honest!

I''m not.

No Hooper, no hope.

What''s with this Hughton love-in for Elmander all the time?.

The man''s ok, but come on!

[quote user="Herman "]Why has he dropped Hooper? Not carrying an injury I hope.[/quote]

Ffs Hughton is clueless. Set up to avoid defeat, except players like BJ are simply not good enough so the tactics are floored. Elmander will offer zero threat on his own which will encourage Liverpool to commit. We''ll be pegged back in our own half and hoolahan will become isolated and have nobody to pass too when he recieves the ball. Then he will be made the scapegoat.

Why can everyone see it except the stubborn Hughton. We should have set up with hooper and elmander and had a go. We don''t have the players good enough to frustrate opponents and defend for 90 minutes against teams like Liverpool. Play to our strengths Hughton as opposed to trying to counter the opponents.

skippdogg wrote the following post at 04/12/2013 7:11 PM:

give''s us another body to drop in midfeild and get the 0-0 we have come for

Let me guarantee you one thing skippdogg, the only way we have any chance of a draw is if we score, mmmmm!

Vanwink wrote the following post at 04/12/2013 7:11 PM:

Come on, dropping Hooper.....Dubai.....what do you really think about that? Take the facade off and be honest!

Bump

I really don''t see the problem with it. Hooper as a lone striker hasn''t looked comfortable and needs another up front with him. We cant go 2 up top against Liverpool cos we would get destroyed in midfield.

[quote user="JF"]I really don''t see the problem with it. Hooper as a lone striker hasn''t looked comfortable and needs another up front with him. We cant go 2 up top against Liverpool cos we would get destroyed in midfield.[/quote]

That''s the point though. With BJ in there we will still get destroyed in midfield.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]Fact is Hooper has looked very anonymous when up front on his own away at the big teams eg arsenal so I can understand why he''s on the bench. Not been convinced by Elmander so far but the obvious rationale is that he''s got more scope to hold up the ball

A logical approach to tonight''s game.[/quote]

It is logical if Elmander can hold the ball up. People who have seen more games than me would better know the answer to whether that is likely.

We will but we will have more of the ball with BJ and a 5 man midfield with Wes than a 4 4 2 with just Howson and Fer in there. I''m quick to slate him for his errors but I don''t think this is.