Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Southampton v Villa

Southampton 77% possession 21 shots 9 on tatgetVilla 23% possession 6 shots 3 on targetresult 2-3funny old game footy

Aston Villa have 3 wins and 3 draws out of 7 away games.

We have 1 win and 0 draws out of 7 away games.

Those are the statistics which matter.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]But. Lambert would have believed, so his players would have believed that they were there to get something from the game.[/quote]Well they certainly seem able to defend and not concede the first goal. Something we seem incapable of.We can''t stay in the game until half time.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Aston Villa have 3 wins and 3 draws out of 7 away games.

Those are the statistics which matter.[/quote]Yet they seem to do it by sitting back and soaking up pressure and relying on quick breaks.Its working for them away from home but not at Villa Pk

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Le Juge"]Aston Villa have 3 wins and 3 draws out of 7 away games.

Those are the statistics which matter.[/quote]Yet they seem to do it by sitting back and soaking up pressure and relying on quick breaks.Its working for them away from home but not at Villa Pk[/quote]
I agree Ricardo. When at home Villa look poor and a little bit undecided what to do - away from home they''re clinical.

They are in the top half of the table.

I don''t care how they get away points.... the fact is that they do, and we don''t.

As someone has bought up the subject of Villa, they currently have 5 points more than us, are 6 places higher, and have a goal difference that is 16 goals better than us. 16 for gawd sake! After 14 games! One manager is allegedly defensive, the other throws caution to the wind.

Personally I don''t give a monkies about Villa, but I''d rather be in their position tonight.

Exactly norfolkbroadslim.

They also have wins against Arsenal and Man City under their belts, have just beaten Southampton away - the first team this season to win at St. Mary''s - and their star striker has yet to find his best form.

Football is a results driven business and our results have been terrible.

Don''t worry we are away from home again on Saturday - we always do well away from home, we may achieve a narrower defeat.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Sadly, I can''t agree with any of this. Villa are 10th on 19 points and their goal difference is already 16 better than ours![/quote]They have sussed how to win away and by the stats of most games I''ve seen they do it by soaking up pressure and hitting on the break.So is setting up to defend not the way to go if you have quick attackers?

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

As someone has bought up the subject of Villa, they currently have 5 points more than us, are 6 places higher, and have a goal difference that is 16 goals better than us. 16 for gawd sake! After 14 games! One manager is allegedly defensive, the other throws caution to the wind.

Personally I don''t give a monkies about Villa, but I''d rather be in their position tonight.

[/quote]Yes, so would IBut if you look at the stats Beardie, he doesn''t throw caution to the wind. So what is it?

One of those managers is achieving and the other is failing. One is taking his club forward, the other is taking his club backwards.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[/quote]
Yes, so would I

But if you look at the stats Beardie, he doesn''t throw caution to the wind. So what is it?
[/quote]

I was being a tad ironic there Ricardo. Pace up front? Quicker transition? Moving the ball forward earlier? Elven forged football boots? Hullucinary potion in their tea?

I wish I knew Ricardo. I wish I knew. But I''m fed up with getting thumped.   

Still 24 games to go and most results as expected tonight. The goal difference was the only disappointment for me considering we had 14 shots and 5 on target.Villa and Everton both got unexpected winsThe Stoke Cardiff draw looked obvious

[quote user="Le Juge"]One of those managers is achieving and the other is failing. One is taking his club forward, the other is taking his club backwards.[/quote]

52 games each. Lambert 60 points Hughton 58 points.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[/quote]Yes, so would IBut if you look at the stats Beardie, he doesn''t throw caution to the wind. So what is it?[/quote]

I was being a tad ironic there Ricardo. Pace up front? Quicker transition? Moving the ball forward earlier? Elven forged football boots? Hullucinary potion in their tea?

[/quote]I think CH is trying to get us to stay in the game longer away from home but we just keep giving a silly early goal away or like toinight something totally outrageous. Once you go behind early away from home it''s plain sailing for the home side.For once I would like to see us get to half time at 0-0.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Aston Villa have 3 wins and 3 draws out of 7 away games.

Those are the statistics which matter.[/quote]

And Villa not quite so good at home - that''s a stat that doesn''t matter I guess?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[/quote]
Yes, so would I

But if you look at the stats Beardie, he doesn''t throw caution to the wind. So what is it?
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think CH is trying to get us to stay in the game longer away from home but we just keep giving a silly early goal away or like toinight something totally outrageous. Once you go behind early away from home it''s plain sailing for the home side.

For once I would like to see us get to half time at 0-0.
[/quote]

Agree completely Ricardo. I was at Newcastle and had only just sat down when they scored. In fact we had nearly given them a goal even earlier with some poor defending from Russ. First goal beat three defenders at the near post, and Johnson then stood and watched their 14 head it in. It was criminal.

I didnt watch it tonight so dont know what happened.

It''s like a cracked bloody record. (like me, you might remember those) 

The only thing which matters is points, and they have enough to sit in 10th place and we have enough to sit in 16th place.

Still, we probably won''t get thrashed again until the 26th when we can roll over and make Van Persie look like the best striker in the world.

"Once you go behind early away from home it''s plain sailing for the home side"

I think you mean.....

"Once Norwich go behind early away from home it''s plain sailing for the home side".

There were 9 games tonight and 5 ended with away victories. Please don''t try and make out that away wins are impossible.... we are the 19th worst team in this league away from home.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[/quote]Yes, so would IBut if you look at the stats Beardie, he doesn''t throw caution to the wind. So what is it?[/quote]

[/quote]I think CH is trying to get us to stay in the game longer away from home but we just keep giving a silly early goal away or like toinight something totally outrageous. Once you go behind early away from home it''s plain sailing for the home side.For once I would like to see us get to half time at 0-0.[/quote]

Agree completely Ricardo. I was at Newcastle and had only just sat down when they scored. In fact we had nearly given them a goal even earlier with some poor defending from Russ. First goal beat three defenders at the near post, and Johnson then stood and watched their 14 head it in. It was criminal.

[/quote]Don''t watch it''s too bloody painful, but I''m afraid they are going to be playing those Suarez goals non stop.Pretty spectacular if you''re a neutral i suppose.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"Once you go behind early away from home it''s plain sailing for the home side"

I think you mean.....

"Once Norwich go behind early away from home it''s plain sailing for the home side".

There were 9 games tonight and 5 ended with away victories. Please don''t try and make out that away wins are impossible.... we are the 19th worst team in this league away from home.[/quote]They''re not, especially when you score first.The stats will tell you that first scorer wins more times than not.Its that simple.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Sadly, I can''t agree with any of this. Villa are 10th on 19 points and their goal difference is already 16 better than ours![/quote]They have sussed how to win away and by the stats of most games I''ve seen they do it by soaking up pressure and hitting on the break.So is setting up to defend not the way to go if you have quick attackers?[/quote]

We won 5 away games during the season Lambert was our manager....  Hughton''s home record is superior.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[/quote]
Yes, so would I

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think CH is trying to get us to stay in the game longer away from home but we just keep giving a silly early goal away or like toinight something totally outrageous. Once you go behind early away from home it''s plain sailing for the home side.

For once I would like to see us get to half time at 0-0.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t watch it''s too bloody painful, but I''m afraid they are going to be playing those Suarez goals non stop.

Pretty spectacular if you''re a neutral i suppose.
[/quote]

I''m off to bed . Utterly fed up. No doubt I''ll wake up and England will be all out for 87.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Le Juge"]One of those managers is achieving and the other is failing. One is taking his club forward, the other is taking his club backwards.[/quote]

52 games each. Lambert 60 points Hughton 58 points.

[/quote]

Yep, and Lambert started very badly with Villa the first half of his first season.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Sadly, I can''t agree with any of this. Villa are 10th on 19 points and their goal difference is already 16 better than ours![/quote]They have sussed how to win away and by the stats of most games I''ve seen they do it by soaking up pressure and hitting on the break.So is setting up to defend not the way to go if you have quick attackers?[/quote]

We don''t have the pace they do though.