Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

14k at Portman Road tonight....

You might find it funny but they have steadily crept up towards a play off spot and sit 8th after this latest win. [:(]

Like Ricardo I have been around long enough to know that the wheel always turns full circle in football.

Definitely going to pass us as they go up and we go down. Before we know it we''ll be playing in front of 14000 in the lower leagues having ripped off local businesses, paid St Johns 5p in the pound and will owe 75m to Delia as they plough on debt free in the premier under Evans.

Full circle indeed.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Definitely going to pass us as they go up and we go down. Before we know it we''ll be playing in front of 14000 in the lower leagues having ripped off local businesses, paid St Johns 5p in the pound and will owe 75m to Delia as they plough on debt free in the premier under Evans. Full circle indeed.[/quote]

I sincerely hope I am not reading a we are too good and too well run to go down post Warren. [;)]

Maybe though it is a Scum will never come up because they are heavily in debt stance.I mean the Championship is awash with outstanding sides this season now isn''t it ?

Of course things like that never happen in football now do they ? [:P]

No Til, what you were reading is that things would have to travel a long chuffing way before a full circle would be completed.

I''ll happily have a cheeky double with you that we won''t go down and they won''t come up.

Ipswich have no depth to make a push to get into the play offs, let alone stay in there.

Their 14k crowds speak volumes to what their community believes in their Town. Even for their biggest games they cannot sell out. A real joke of a club and long may they continue their run of longest serving Championship club going nowhere.

Long may they dwell & live in what they achieved many decades ago like Leeds. The past is only for history

Is 14k that bad? It''s about half what we get, but then we are in the Premier League after all.

I have the atypical view that I''d like them promoted. A couple of Derby games in a season is sorely lacking

yes, 14k is half of what we get now.

it is also half of what we got in the championship.

where else? oh, it''s also half of what we got when we were in league one for one season.

14k is abysmal.

When was the last time we got 14k at a match (aside from cup games)?Even when the South Stand was knocked down we were getting 16ish a match weren''t we?  I reckon it must be the 01/02 season, before we looked like getting into the playoffs?

I don''t understand why any Norwich supporter would WANT to talk up their chances of promotion.

They are a grubby little club, their hands forever dirtied by their actions in stealing from the local businesses that supported them and charities. The place is a dump, the ground is a dump, their kits are always vomit-inducing and the twins off the market support them.

I bet Southampton fans don''t give a fig about how Portsmouth are getting on. Lil''ol''Norwich fans.....

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"]Is 14k that bad? It''s about half what we get, but then we are in the Premier League after all. I have the atypical view that I''d like them promoted. A couple of Derby games in a season is sorely lacking[/quote]

14K is pathetic. Ipswich should be embarrassed. Those of us in business in Suffolk are being bombarded by them by email at the moment to buy corporate hospitality. They have more executive boxes than you could shake a Notice to Creditors at.  Oh, and it isn''t too late for me to book my christmas party at Portaloo.  

Wouldnt blame Mad Mick if he left for a big club. Like Wigan.

I would have thought a small lower league club like them would be happy with 14k on a week night. Bless their little faces.

[quote user="Hackedoff"]A bit picky but it was closer to 15k. Every lil helps.[/quote]There were still 15,000 empty seats."Buy one, get one free" [<:o)]

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

I don''t understand why any Norwich supporter would WANT to talk up their chances of promotion.

They are a grubby little club, their hands forever dirtied by their actions in stealing from the local businesses that supported them and charities. The place is a dump, the ground is a dump, their kits are always vomit-inducing and the twins off the market support them.

I bet Southampton fans don''t give a fig about how Portsmouth are getting on. Lil''ol''Norwich fans.....

[/quote]I can assure you, Southampton DO care about Portsmouth are doing..

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"]Is 14k that bad? It''s about half what we get, but then we are in the Premier League after all.

I have the atypical view that I''d like them promoted. A couple of Derby games in a season is sorely lacking[/quote]

The difference is that we would have 25k when we were in league one and the championship !!!

BINNER

I used to work with a ''blues'' fan (Birmingham City), quite close to the Zulu''s (once took me to their pub before the game v us). He really did see us as ''little old norwich'', and saw Brum as a massive club. Not much of a turnout yesterday at St Andrews!

Binner alert in littlewhiteturdy.

Ncfcstar and Graham Paddon sums it up. When we were struggling in the Championship, when we went into the third tier and back up, our gates were near capacity each home game. Last time we were near 14k is silly cup games and for league? We would be looking back before 2002

We''ve plenty of fickle fans ranting and raving on here wanting better for the greater good. But at least they/we still turn up through thick and thin. Far better support in numbers (even if we disagree about managers, players and so on)