Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Did any of you actually watch the match?

LDC, why ask if anyone watched the game and then back up your defense of this butt kicking by talikng about 2 home wins? We didn''t win, we weren''t at home, and those wins vs. Relegation fodder were not tonight.

Did YOU watch the game?

Isolated bits and pieces looked alright, but on the whole it was men against boys. A few points that stood out for me :-We won few headers, especially in midfieldPoor movement and anticipation (eg a lot of our headers dropped to a waiting Liverpool player)Our dispossession was woefulOur 1 on 1 skills are generally poorThe general technique of several players was substandardHeads seemed to drop after it went to 3-0We seemed to tire towards the endWhittaker looked reasonably good in the middle

All in all not good enough, even accounting for the usual excuses.

Yes I endured the whole show. The first 15 minutes we were in the game. Three very exciting goals from the person everybody feared and was given heaps of space. There was once a process used in the game in these circumstances called man marking. Much too simple for modern managers to understand, Instead we concede three quarters of the pitch to the opposition and expect to get some points. We will playing like this never score goals and have teams chasing.us. Any chance of early goals was lost before the game with the deletion of Hooper from the team. This manger is not good for the club with the definite lack of entertainment at matches and it is likely to reflect in next years season ticket sales.

Why can some on here not have a good debate without feeling the need to insult another poster? It means that any other comments you make, the rest of us simply ignore and dont consider of any value, so you neednt bother posting in the first place!

Other than the result, which lets be honest was partly expected (I say that through gritted teath), even though I was hoping for another Liverpool off day and a point (they were nothing like they were vs Hull City, nothing like!!).I actually enjoyed the game and thought Suarez was absolutely amazing (Gerrard and Coutinho,bargain 8.5 million, also put in very decent shifts) even if we did give him a little more space than we should, something CH was clearly very angry about.........but, when you do get close to him he will turn you anyway as we have seen many times or win a free-kick (just saying). The guy is magic on the form he was in last night (almost unplayable) prompting Gary Birtles who was on the commentary here (I guess elsewhere too?) that he felt he had just probably watched the best demonstration of finishing from a striker he had seen in his lifetime (or something like that), also that City "had done little wrong" which I thought was a little generous perhaps. Why do I say that, well because ball retention I thought was our main problem at times and a couple of our players did a few times present the ball to them on a plate in dangerous positions. Despite that, I actually still think there was enough in our performance not to get so down about, really do (go on slag me off if you wish), it was big improvement to the Man City performace plus I am pleased that CH saved/protected Hooper and to a certain degree Fer for the West Brom match which is the type of game we can all better judge things.