Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Did any of you actually watch the match?

Or were you too busy shouting "Hugton out" than actually seeing that there were some good points to tonight''s performance. Yes, a bad loss, but in the context of this season, keeping the composure  was an important factor. 

We still won our last two home games and tonight was not a surprise in terms of the result.  Suarez has it in for us - but he did that under Lambert too, so you can''t pin that one just on Hughton.

So stop crying and trying to blame the manager all the time.   We were beaten by the better team.   Dry your eyes and get ready for the next match - one we have more chance of getting something out of (probably why Hooper was left on the bench).

Yep, until half time. Then seen highlights of all the goals, it was an utter disaster. If anyone new to premiership footy watched that, they would wonder how we have even got 1 point let alone 14!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Or were you too busy shouting "Hugton out" than actually seeing that there were some good points to tonight''s performance. Yes, a bad loss, but in the context of this season, keeping the composure  was an important factor. 

We still won our last two home games and tonight was not a surprise in terms of the result.  Suarez has it in for us - but he did that under Lambert too, so you can''t pin that one just on Hughton.

So stop crying and trying to blame the manager all the time.   We were beaten by the better team.   Dry your eyes and get ready for the next match - one we have more chance of getting something out of (probably why Hooper was left on the bench).

[/quote]

Wake up mate. It''s a result business end of. And our some of our results this season have been disgusting.

Yes I did, we were awful, Liverpool could have scored double what they did and it looked all too easy for them.Funny, I seem to recall going to Anfield a couple of years ago and getting a draw.  Like I seem to remember going to places like Old Trafford and giving it a real go, rather than waving a white flag from the dugout.

Before the thread spirals out of control I would like to add..

-3 absolute wonder strikes

-their first 3 shots on target all went in

-we didn''t sit back and defend like other away thrashings

-if Suarez didn''t play we would have won 1-0 (assist for 5th goal)

-if Suarez was playing but we scored every shot we had at goal we would have won

-if every shot Liverpool had went wide we would have won 1-0

-if Lambert stayed with us then would have won 6-5 :''( :''( :''(

[quote user="Marc Libbras haircut"]Same old excuses. It''s getting boring now. Dress it up and excuse it however you want to justify it in your own mind but the fact if the matter is we lost heavily, again.[/quote]Shocked to hear that!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Or were you too busy shouting "Hugton out" than actually seeing that there were some good points to tonight''s performance. Yes, a bad loss, but in the context of this season, keeping the composure  was an important factor. 

[/quote]I watched the whole game on a very good stream.  Tonight demonstrated once again the floors in the way we set up away from home.  That Liverpool defence was there for the taking, we created a few decent half chances but either didn''t have a natural forward there to finish (who was on the bench), or no one there to offer support or to open up the defence even further.It''s clear to everyone that our defence isn''t up to keeping a clean sheet away from home, so why not actually cause Liverpool some defensive issues, make Gerrard play those 20 yards deeper, make it so their fullbacks are not second wingers, cause them some problems, but we just set up with our one forward 50 yards ahead of the rest of the team and Liverpool can put all their efforts into their offensive play.

[quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]Before the thread spirals out of control I would like to add..

-3 absolute wonder strikes

-their first 3 shots on target all went in

-we didn''t sit back and defend like other away thrashings

-if Suarez didn''t play we would have won 1-0 (assist for 5th goal)

-if Suarez was playing but we scored every shot we had at goal we would have won

-if every shot Liverpool had went wide we would have won 1-0

-if Lambert stayed with us then would have won 6-5 :''( :''( :''([/quote]More if''s & but''s. Is there no end to this drivel

- if Ronaldo and Messi played up front for us and they each had 7 shots and they all went in and Liverpool had forgotten to field a goalkeeper and Ruddy had built a brick wall in front if our goal then we would have won.

So if you look at it like that it was a good performance.

You know what LDC.
Fuck off you patronising bell end.
Did you travel to Liverpool? No? Well some did. Let them vent their frustrations if you like. 
Did i see the game? Yes! Was Suarez world class? Yep! Did we assist him at that? Yep!
If you can''t stay in the game till half time at Anfield. You will not get a result. We were too lethargic. Bassong was poor, Elmander was poor, Fer was poor. Bradley Johnson had a good game. That was it.
People will blame the manager because it''s another away game which we didn''t give ourself a chance by conceding so early in a game. Again.

Christ really? I spose the Hughton apologists do have there ready made excuses in that Suarez''s goals were unstoppable.

Funny how Hull didn''t struggle and we do every single time under Hughton.

Hi Matt,

So how would you describe a 42 yard dipping volley that loops well out of reach of the goal keeper? A powerful half volley from the edge of area that just creeps inside the post? A freekick (which was no way in hell ever a foul!!!) that curls over the wall and in to the top corner?

If you don''t think Suarez''s goals were world class there''s a show on shortly called Match of the Day which will highlight Suarez''s performance as absolutely unreal, that''s my prediction anyway :)

Hope this helps,

Ned

so you say LDC there were good points to the game. But then go on to say beaten by the better team?

explain your point to that.

we play well and lose 5-1. whats good about that?

too many hidings should equal massive changes to the management. thats the only point to take out of this

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lake district canary"]Or were you too busy shouting "Hugton out" than actually seeing that there were some good points to tonight''s performance. Yes, a bad loss, but in the context of this season, keeping the composure  was an important factor. 

[/quote]

Funny - when we won on Saturday those wanting Hughton out were saying its all about the way we''ve been playing.

Wake up mate. It''s a result business end of. And our some of our results this season have been disgusting.[/quote]

[quote user="hogesar"]You know what LDC.
Did you travel to Liverpool? No? Well some did. Let them vent their frustrations if you like. 
Did i see the game? Yes! Was Suarez world class? Yep! Did we assist him at that? Yep!
If you can''t stay in the game till half time at Anfield. You will not get a result. We were too lethargic. Bassong was poor, Elmander was poor, Fer was poor. Bradley Johnson had a good game. That was it.
People will blame the manager because it''s another away game which we didn''t give ourself a chance by conceding so early in a game. Again.
[/quote]

Well thank you for that.  Well, the fans that did actually travel can vent their frustrations how they like.  However, most of the shouting and wailing on the board tonight has come from people not at the match.   However, the manager out stuff is still just ludicrous.  Nobody enjoyed the match tonight. But we did keep composed, a lot more composed than we were last season at Anfield, and we didn''t just set up to defend either.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]However, the manager out stuff is still just ludicrous.  Nobody enjoyed the match tonight. But we did keep composed, a lot more composed than we were last season at Anfield, and we didn''t just set up to defend either.   [/quote]Surely LDC, as a fan of this Club even you must realise that we cannot go on getting drubbed every time we set foot out of Norfolk. I admire your optimism but in all honesty there are very few signs that things are getting better or that they will get better. We''ve had a whole raft of reasons & excuses, always with the promise of jam tomorrow - Takes time for squad to gelNew players need to settle inThe fixture list has been harshWe''ve had injuriesWe''ve been unluckyand now the latest one is that Suarez was too good for us.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="hogesar"]You know what LDC.
[/quote]

Well thank you for that.  Well, the fans that did actually travel can vent their frustrations how they like.  However, most of the shouting and wailing on the board tonight has come from people not at the match.   However, the manager out stuff is still just ludicrous.  Nobody enjoyed the match tonight. But we did keep composed, a lot more composed than we were last season at Anfield, and we didn''t just set up to defend either.  

[/quote]
We kept composed? We conceded 5 goals - even Hughton was the angriest i''ve ever heard him so even the manager himself doesn''t agree with your blind backing with no obvious reasoning!
I don''t blame Hughton for all of it - the players need to fucking man up and take out suarez and take a yellow rather than back off back off and back off but that didn''t happen.
We conceded poorly. Maybe we didn''t set up to defend but maybe we should have done against liverpool and tried to frustrate them rather than letting them coast to victory

To be fair I think most people are angry because this has happened yet again. If this was a one off I don''t think that many people would be complaining. This doesn''t happen to any other side in the league. I get the Hughton has a budget to work with etc but we really shouldn''t STILL look like a shakey newly promoted side!

Personally I''m leaning towards the Hughton out camp and have been since the first half of the West Ham game mainly because there''s been no improvement.

It''s no good all the CH fans saying the same thing after every game "we were sloppy defensively, we need to improve, it wasn''t the managers fault'' ''We need to take our chances wasn''t the managers fault'' etc after every nearly every single game for the past year and a half. We needed to show some improvement a while ago and it doesn''t look to be happening any time soon so blaming individual errors that happen time and time again is just looking redundant to me.

I watched the whole match, Fer and Bassong were not alert enough to intercept the header that found Suarez for the first goal, that shows a real lack of concentration and complacency, something we see over and over again which the manager hasn''t addressed.

No one was marking Suarez for the second...so much for working on defensive organisation, players backing off and giving Suarez too much time and respect for the third etc Yes they were all wondergoals but it''s not like we didn''t you know, make it as easy as possible for him to pull them off

Yes, we kept put composure. We actually passed it to each other in the opposition''s half, we had shots on goal, we scored one and could have scored two more.

Now, whether we would have done better or worse if we had Hooper (with Elmander) rather than Johnson is worth a debate, but this defeat, as heavy as it was, was nowhere near as bad as Man City or Tottenham or Hull no shows.

Here''s what my Liverpool fan mate said:

"Wish at least one of the Norwich players would grow a clit and at least put a challenge in! Maybe then the game might be interesting, so far it''s too easy!"

Yes suarez was sublime but we let him be.