Sign in to follow this  
Sheff Utd Fan

What do you think of this????

Hi norwich fans. As you can tell by my username i am a sheffield united supporter and have been a home and away season ticket holder for the blades for the past 48 years.

Anyway, just wanted to wish you luck on your match this sunday and i really hope you stay up because i think you are a great club and deserve to be in the premiership.

Here in sheffield there are very strong rumours about that should Norwich stay up they are going to sign Phil Jagielka and Michael Tonge for 4.5million plus Paul McVeigh. I personally would be sad to see my club lose these two key players but i think we could make good use of the money and i also think that McVeigh would do a very good job for us. I think that this summer these 2 will definitely move on as they deserve prem football IMO and i hope they go to your team because i''m sure they woulld do well for you and would settle in very well in norfolk.

What do you people think about this????

Good look again for the Fulham game.

Bob

Firstly, thank you for your kind words and welcome to the weird and wonderful world of the pinkun message board.

Secondly, in reply to your rumour, what i have to say is this:

Yeah, i wish.

I very much doubt it that we would get players of their calibre for that kind of money plus McVeigh, but i would be absolutely ecstatic if it did happen. We would have an awesome squad which could look something like this:

Green

Jagielka    Shackell      ????       ????(poss. Drury)

Bentley      Safri   Tonge/Francis    Huckerby

Ashton     McKenzie

Hi Sheff Utd Fan!!

Thanks for your words of support! As for the rumour, i for one would be happy to see both Tonge and Jagielka at the club. Both players have impressed me over the past few years and with Jagielka in particular, there is a young centre back to partner Shackell in the years to come. Tonge would be a useful addition to the club i feel, to add competition for places, especially with Mulryne leaving the club.

Keep the faith!

Cheers Bob,  I think these 2 players would fit in well but ONLY IF we stay up.  Lets get that over with first, too nervous to worry about transfer targets.  I think most fans would like to see us stay up because we are the most entertaining of all the sides down there, plus our fans have been brilliant all season.  Good luck next season but you will need to be rid of that moaning git Warnock to have any success.

i wish

two brilliant players who would make great singings.

Although i will be sad for paul to leave, im sure he would do a great job for you!

But first we have to finish the job of staying up.......

[quote]Cheers Bob, I think these 2 players would fit in well but ONLY IF we stay up. Lets get that over with first, too nervous to worry about transfer targets. I think most fans would like to see us stay...[/quote]

Ha Ha Ha.

Yes i agree. I feel that with him in charge we are going backwards rather than forwards. Just you wait in a few season''s time we''ll be in League 1 just like Forest.

Jagielka is one of the players that i wanted to see being signed if we stay up, and i would be delighted if we got him as he is a very young and talented defender. Very versatile as well as he can play centre-back, right-back and if i''m not mistaken i think he can play midfield too. Would be terrific for the club. 

£4.5M + McVeigh for Tonge and Jagielka??  We''d bite your hand off if you offered us that!!  I would''ve thought that they''d be the sorts of players Worthy would go for, should we stay up.  Do you think they''d come though?  I know Jagielka has been linked with Villa, Charlton etc.  Would he be prepared to come here?

You could a lot worse than McVeigh as part of the deal too.  He has struggled this year but aint a bad 1st Div player

Thanks for your kind words.

Re Transfer rumour, well Tonge is top quality and the other guy whose name is difficult to spell is also top drawer. Get Sunday out of the way, and Worthington will be out shopping!!

Oooooh, me likey.... and thanks for the nice words from a Blades fan... must admit I lost a lot of respect for your lads during the whole abandoned game debacle a few seasons ago, but gained a lot back during this year''s FA cup run... scaring the bejasus out of the gooners is always funny... Still hate Colin though....

Anyway, to business... both are quality players, and Jagielka would fit in nicely in the NCFC Ugly-Bug Club, currently occupied by Huckerby, Doherty, Helveg, Bentley and Holty (So that''s what Worthy meant when he said we''d have to get ugly to survive...)

And Tonge is possibly one of my favourite non-Prem players, he was mint in your FA Cup games...

Hand... bitten... off...

Anyway, cheers again for the words, here''s to seeing the Blades in the Prem for the 2006/7 seven... just after we''ve won the league...

Jason

Jason, just because you sit in the corner of the office doesn''t mean that we can''t see that your not working...

Good words though, but a bit deja vu...

[quote]Thanks for your kind words. Re Transfer rumour, well Tonge is top quality and the other guy whose name is difficult to spell is also top drawer. Get Sunday out of the way, and Worthington will be out...[/quote]

They would certainly be great assets for the club and perhaps we could throw in Fleming and Holt who can do a job in the Championship.

nice thought, but surely only wild speculation at this stage? I find it hard to believe that the club would already be out agreeing deals at this stage, even conditional ones. I''m sure they''re both on Worthy''s target list though!

Thanks again for your kind words. Obviously our minds are on other priorities at the moment, but hopefully after Sunday we will come shopping armed with a replenished PL cheque book. Exactly the way it should go, in my opinion, with money filtering down the leagues to benefit all the clubs.

It is very sad for a club like yours, to have been there or thereabouts for a time now and you must feel that you are on the verge of doing it and with one more season with a sustained push you may get there. To potentially lose such quality players does make you feel that you are going backwards, but at least gives you a chance to regroup.

Just out of interest, how does a blade find out about the pinkun site?

Good luck and cheers

[quote]Thanks again for your kind words. Obviously our minds are on other priorities at the moment, but hopefully after Sunday we will come shopping armed with a replenished PL cheque book. Exactly the way i...[/quote]

I have been in norwich for the past coupl of weeks due to my work. I purchased a copy of the pinkun newspaper about 4 days ago and when i was on the net the other day i typed pinkun.com and it came up with this site. Have to say i find all your views very interesting and its nice to see that a club has so many great fans.

I heard that there are going to be in excess of 7,000 city fans at the match on sunday, with over 1,000 in with the fulham fans. That''s real loyalty for you. I wish you luck, you deserve it.

You don''t happen to work for a large insurance company based in this neck of the woods do you ? In the learning side ?