Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Is the board fully behind Hughton?

Skysports showed a picture last night of Delia, MWJ, and David McNally looking utterly miserable. McNally In particular. In memory, I don''t think that the board have publicly come out in complete support of Hughton have they? There have been too many no shows this season and people moan about the fact that we are playing the big teams we are not going to beat them, but we were awful at Hull, lost to Villa, and fortunate against west ham.

In all fairness, NCFCFL, this board''s well- tried and trusted method is to keep their cards very close to their chest. And fair enough. At risk of mixing metaphors, they are certainly not ones to wash their dirty linen in public.

But, as you say, too many people on this forum have taken silence as tacit approval of the Hughton régime. But, I am in no doubt that , thinking of the type of people we are talking about, they will have left CH in no doubt as to their feelings, and what will happen unless things improve.

All that needs to be clarified now is precisely when the tipping point will be. Personally, I think it should be now, but it seems he will get till the WBA match. I''m sure that if Fulham had won last night he''d be gone already.

All we can go on is the ''embarrassing'' comment a few weeks back.  Of course that was when we were bottom 3.  What the difference is to now is anyones guess.

The public face says yes we are fully behind him, the reality will be very very different.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"] I''m sure that if Fulham had won last night he''d be gone already.[/quote]

That seems a bit unfair. What impact was he supposed to have on their game?

[quote user="Vanwink"]The public face says yes we are fully behind him, the reality will be very very different.[/quote]

the man of reason and true knowledge has spoken. The board will be planning his exit in no time

I was fortunate enough to talk to a member of the board back in April and at the time he was very uncomplimentary about Mr Hughton, I dread to think how he feels now.

Publicly the board have stated they expect the team to be moving up towards mid table.You could interpret this as telling Hughton in public what is expected of him.  Which he currently isn''t delivering.  Just how long they give him to deliver is anyone''s guess.

The board will fully support the current manager until such time that they make the decision that he should no longer be the manager.Of course they may have concerns prior to making such a decision but they will remain supportive whilst he remains in charge of the team.

If they are going to swing the axe they should do so now. We are very close to the transfer window and a new manager needs to be in place to identify targets and be prepared to freshen up the squad.

I just hope that the board remain united whatever their decision.

The last thing we want is an important member of the board resigning.

While the axe should of been swung some time ago, it would appear that he has at least until the WBA game to save his job.

I don''t know what the board think, but I think they are in a situation they never though they would be in. I know the feedback I''ve had from players, current and former players is that he is respected as a person, but not as a manager - not a healthy situation.

Remember the board wanted progress this season i.e 10th and budgeted for 16th. Sticking with Hughton is definite relegation, so we have nothing to lose.

To my knowledge at no point this season have the board commented on Hughton. I''ve heard of embarrassment of being in the bottom three and I''ve heard claims that we will end the season pushing for top half. But they were not Hughton specific comments. If the board don''t think Hughton can deliver their aims then he''ll be gone. They won''t say anything but while he''s got the job they''ll support him. I trust them to do what''s right. They''ve earned that trust surely...

[quote user="Truculent Trucker"]If they are going to swing the axe they should do so now. We are very close to the transfer window and a new manager needs to be in place to identify targets and be prepared to freshen up the squad.[/quote]I am sure that Hughton and the board will be aware of that but the board will likely give Hughton another couple of matches against WBA and Swansea.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

To my knowledge at no point this season have the board commented on Hughton. I''ve heard of embarrassment of being in the bottom three and I''ve heard claims that we will end the season pushing for top half. But they were not Hughton specific comments. If the board don''t think Hughton can deliver their aims then he''ll be gone. They won''t say anything but while he''s got the job they''ll support him. I trust them to do what''s right. They''ve earned that trust surely...

[/quote]

I think it''s right that the various comments have not been tied to Hughton.

As to the board''s thinking, as Parma said in another thread, follow the money. The most significant quote I have seen was from McNally at the AGM:

"We have to stay in the Premier League, as our business model is based around that."

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I think it''s right that the various comments have not been tied to Hughton.

As to the board''s thinking, as Parma said in another thread, follow the money. The most significant quote I have seen was from McNally at the AGM:

"We have to stay in the Premier League, as our business model is based around that."[/quote]

Exactly. Having seen them at the AGM and heard what they have to say I am sure that their determination to stay in the PL will not be compromised by keeping a failing manager. But I''m also confident that they recognise positives. Hughton has taken us out of the bottom three despite the injuries. That is a positive.