Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

'We need to lose better at bigger and better clubs'

I just posted that as well as was so incensed as to what i was hearing. That is his mindset and that is why he is not the right man for our job.

I''d ask for context, but any context that could save Hughton and his credibility on this quote is beyond my imagination. If quoted correcty, that is quite simply unforgiveable and i certainly don''t want him managing Norwich City Football Club, nor do i want anyone else sharing that mentality to. We''d be better off for avoiding it like the plague.Unfortunately that statement is eerily illustrative of what we''ve come to routinely expect from Hughton during his tenure. I''m not comfortable with self-imposed psychological limitations - lord knows the world has enough physical limitations to impose on us, without us passively kneeling to them. We are in desperate need of some resilience, if this quote is anything to go by, Hughton will never be the man to ignite our readiness for a fight. He deplores our inability to dig deep, but he doesn''t seem to account at all for his responsibility toward encouraging the team to do so in the first place.If the players are not fighting for a result, what are they fighting for that is of any real worth when we play the bigger sides? With rallying cries like this my wage packet would be the only thing keeping me from not bothering to turn up in the first place, let alone play like i mean it.At this point he comes across as a frustrated novice with regard to management i''m afraid. If he doesn''t have the wisdom to leave, the responsibility is on our board to make sure he does. This is frightfully unacceptable.

''We need to lose better at bigger and better clubs''

He really said that? Link > ?

[quote user="Surfer"]''We need to lose better at bigger and better clubs''

He really said that? Link > ?[/quote]

I''m not sure about the "lose better" bit as I was immersed in a sea of rage whilst listening at the time but he definitely referred to the fact we have to accept that sometimes we will have bad days and also made reference to the difficulties of playing away at "bigger and better clubs" on at least 3 occasions.

I don''t think that this is a fair and accurate quote at all. I heard the interview last night and several times this morning. What Hughton said was that sometimes, at the bigger and better clubs we will lose and that is football.

Does anyone dispute that there are bigger and better clubs than Norwich?

Does anyone dispute that sometimes we will lose and lose heavily to these clubs?

Hughton''s point is that we have to make it hard for this to happen and last night we made it easy. Again, does anybody dispute that?

There are plenty of valid reasons to criticise Hughton without misquoting him.

What Hughton said was ''we need to lose better'' and this was part of his discourse in which he also identified ''bigger and better clubs'' so its a précis of what he said and for me that is a legitimate and fair summary.

Tie this to his comments after the Palace game which Lawrenson picked up on in his match prediction and you have a manager who took his team into this game without hope or aspiration and we know why; because it was a bigger and better club and if they lost it was only the degree of loss that mattered.

Under him you can write off at least a quarter of remaining games and discount the run in.

Are you sure it wasn''t " we need to lose bigger at better clubs" Rudolph?

He drilled in to the players (and it seems quite a few fans), a long time ago, that getting anything away from home is a near impossibility for a club ''such as ours''. To as good as write off 50% of your fixtures is ridiculous, embarrasing, and completely unnecessary. It is putting immense added pressure on our home games. Do those still in a delusion state of mind genuinely believe that any footballer enjoys playing for, or has any faith in a manager who holds such little.faith on them?

Well, Mr Hucker, I''ve listened to the interview . I would suggest other people do the same:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW9NWKUKKrY&feature=youtu.be