Sign in to follow this  
CambridgeCanary

Who Are Those Who Would Keep Hughton?

Ok, those who want him gone have plenty of threads to make their point so by all means laugh at us but please don''t bother posting.

I want to see just how strong the support for sticking with our manager is. So, I hope that only yes votes will appear please.

I know it''s not just me. Anyone else want to own up? Reasons optional. Abuse and derision very likely.

People know what I think.   The big losses are painful and I did wonder after the two Manchester matches,  but on balance, my view is that he should stay for at least the rest of this season. So for me its yes.  

Are you Jim Smith in disguise Cambridge[:^)]

We don''t need seperate threads. I put my views on the appropriate threads. When I get abuse I love it, really love it. There''s very few want to enter into any reasobale debate on here, the rest keep me entertained[Y]

well, as embarrasing as the scoreline was, I thought we played significantly better against liverpool than we did against both man city, man utd and newcastle. and lets not forget the injury list.

As it stands, Hughton has won both of his ''must wins'' against west ham and palace. We now enter a run of four games which need to be targeted for points. If we pick up less than six points v west brom, swansea, sunderland, and fulham then i think dear chris will be polishing up his CV.

i''m behind hughton as long as he gets the points on the board.

although, i admit it is depressing going to an away game wondering just how badly we will lose...

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Ok, those who want him gone have plenty of threads to make their point so by all means laugh at us but please don''t bother posting.

I want to see just how strong the support for sticking with our manager is. So, I hope that only yes votes will appear please.

I know it''s not just me. Anyone else want to own up? Reasons optional. Abuse and derision very likely.[/quote]

Lol. Isn''t the concept of message board for debate?

Although some folk would have it otherwise, up till yesterday''s Anfield fiasco, I was prepared to keep a pretty open mind on this. My basic gut feeling was always that Hughton was not a good fit for the club, but if I thought that while there was a shred of possibility that he would pull things round, I honestly believed that he could be cut some slack.

But I almost feel that last night was like a boil being lanced. I now can quite openly say that I want him gone. the sooner the better. To that end, much as I agree with Cambridge above, I do not intend to get into any more "debates" (aka slanging matches) re the Hughton In/Out stuff . Nige and Lakey and their pals have nailed their colours to the mast, and good luck to ''em .What needs to be said, has been said, and we must now wait and see what the board''s decision is on this.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Ok, those who want him gone have plenty of threads to make their point so by all means laugh at us but please don''t bother posting.

I know it''s not just me. Anyone else want to own up? Reasons optional. Abuse and derision very likely.[/quote]

[/quote]

have you seen the amount of hughton out threads, thats not a debate.

Hughton in for me, our away record is poor, but I think we are building....a bit too slowly for my liking (away from home)

[quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Ok, those who want him gone have plenty of threads to make their point so by all means laugh at us but please don''t bother posting. I want to see just how strong the support for sticking with our manager is. So, I hope that only yes votes will appear please. I know it''s not just me. Anyone else want to own up? Reasons optional. Abuse and derision very likely.[/quote]

[/quote] have you seen the amount of hughton out threads, thats not a debate. Hughton in for me, our away record is poor, but I think we are building....a bit too slowly for my liking (away from home)[/quote]

There doesn''t even need to be any debate, because quite simply the guy has lost the plot, and thankfully most of us can see it and realise that now is the time for change. I know this post is for your Hughton-inners little love-in, but have to say, judging by the Tweets, the posts on Facebook, and the posts on here, you are very, very much in the minority.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Although some folk would have it otherwise, up till yesterday''s Anfield fiasco, I was prepared to keep a pretty open mind on this. My basic gut feeling was always that Hughton was not a good fit for the club, but if I thought that while there was a shred of possibility that he would pull things round, I honestly believed that he could be cut some slack. But I almost feel that last night was like a boil being lanced. I now can quite openly say that I want him gone. the sooner the better. To that end, much as I agree with Cambridge above, I do not intend to get into any more "debates" (aka slanging matches) re the Hughton In/Out stuff . Nige and Lakey and their pals have nailed their colours to the mast, and good luck to ''em .What needs to be said, has been said, and we must now wait and see what the board''s decision is on this.[/quote]

Have to be honest Reggie, I hadn''t noticed you hanging back before, but there we go.

For me it''s a results business, and with 1/3rd of the season gone we are 4 points above the drop zone and 4 points below 11th place, very much in the mid-table pack, and there are promising signs that Palace/Sunderland/Fulham or at least 2 of them could get cut adrift at the bottom, which is always a big help for the teams above.  Yes, it''s a concern that we''ve had away games at Man C and Liverpool when they simply took us apart.  There are clearly plenty of posters, some of whom are just trolls, who didn''t post after the win on Saturday and couldn''t wait for Liverpool to thrash us so they could vent their bile.  It''s a massive over-reaction.

I think given the resources and injuries, Hughton has done a decent job so far this season.  We now have a long run of "easy" games which will decide our season.  The alternative management candidates that have been mentioned either fill me with dread or make me laugh.  Maybe there''s some top manager on the continent that could come in and do a fantastic job, but it would be a massive gamble.  So for me, stick with Hughton.

I think the board should definitely have a contingency plan, with realistic potential candidates in mind, excluding the Di Canio style risks. If one of these was actually available I imagine a change may have been made by now.

For me he deserves the next 4 matches, which would balance out the difficulty of the season so far. If we get less than 6 points out of these I suggest the atmosphere will be so poisonous that bringing in an interim manager would be beneficial to the club and that the change should be made.

Who are those who want to keep Hughton ? the over 80''s club mostly ,old people are scared of change .Although possibly not as scared as Hughton is of rival Premiership sides.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Ok, those who want him gone have plenty of threads to make their point so by all means laugh at us but please don''t bother posting. I want to see just how strong the support for sticking with our manager is. So, I hope that only yes votes will appear please. I know it''s not just me. Anyone else want to own up? Reasons optional. Abuse and derision very likely.[/quote]

[/quote] have you seen the amount of hughton out threads, thats not a debate. Hughton in for me, our away record is poor, but I think we are building....a bit too slowly for my liking (away from home)[/quote]

There doesn''t even need to be any debate, because quite simply the guy has lost the plot, and thankfully most of us can see it and realise that now is the time for change. I know this post is for your Hughton-inners little love-in, but have to say, judging by the Tweets, the posts on Facebook, and the posts on here, you are very, very much in the minority.

[/quote]

Yeah, i think i am in the minority. Which will mean by the end of the season that i am very foolish, or much clevererererer than all of you......we''ll see.

Who are those who would keep Hughton?Well, McNally and Bowkett for a start and they are really the only ones that count.If they think someone will do better they will sack CH and get him in.Do I see it happening? No, not at the moment.Do I care, no not really. I used to let these things upset me in years gone by but I''ve learned not to worry about the things I have no power to change and my heart and liver both seem to have benefited from this approach.

Thank the lord none of our board are over 80 then! But there''s a few well on

their way...,

Could that be the problem[sn]

I met And Smith must score… on the way into the blankets on Saturday.

"nutty" said Smithy. "I’d love a hotdog right now."

"Would you like me to get you one?" I asked. "Are you

joking?" Smithy  snapped back.

"You''d forget my order straight away." "No I wouldn''t," I

replied."All right, then," said Smithy. "I want a hotdog with

extra tomato sauce and chips." I repeated the order flawlessly. Five

minutes later I walked back carrying two meat pies. Smithy looked at the pies

in disgust then yelled, "I knew I should''ve gone myself. You forgot the

bloody sauce!"

I still support Hughton, though last night was tough to take. I live with a Liverpool fan so you can imagine how painful it was.

The fact is, though we''re getting quite a few tonkings this season, we''re still on the whole winning the games we should be winning and losing the games we should be losing. Our ambition to reach 10th in the league this season still doesn''t seem hopelessly out of reach, so I don''t understand the complete meltdown from the supporters.

I know it''s been mentioned a million times already, but look at the away games we''ve lost so far..

Liverpool, Newcastle, Man City, Man Utd (cup), Arsenal and Spurs.

Out of those could we realistically expect to get anything? Perhaps at Newcastle, but they seemed to find their form at the worst time for us.

Of course, the next few games could swing it for me, as there''s no reason we should get rolled over at West Brom, and our home form has been pretty good so far. Hopefully we''ll take quite a few points over the coming weeks and we can all get back to fully supporting the team, Hughton included.

I know it''s not just me. Anyone else want to own up? Reasons optional. Abuse and derision very likely.[/quote]I would like to see us keep Chris Hughton because:1) I feel confident he will keep us up, based on our results so far, and the fact he managed to keep us up last year with similar tactics2) He is level-headed and seems unlikely to be affected by pressure, as Ian Holloway (Blackpool/Palace) or Martin Jol (Fulham) or Mark Hughes (QPR) were3) He concentrates on the matches that matter most to get points. It''s not particularly satisfying, but it works4) I like him as a person (not a major reason!)5) I am not aware of any better realistic alternative candidates for the job6) He seems to have the support of the players; unity is arguably the most important thing if we are going to stay up.7) More often than not, changing a manager mid-season does not have the desired effect.I cancelled my away season ticket this year, so I am far from delighted with everything I have seen this season. I''m not blind. But I''m 100% behind Chris Hughton as long as he continues to keep NCFC''s head above water.At some point, the board may decide that a different manager is needed to take the club forward beyond lower mid-table, but now is not the time to chop and change.

I''d get rid of him if we could bring in a manager guaranteed to do better.

There is no such animal. There are obviously managers who would have a chance of doing better - but that is what is what it is, a chance.

And as far as I can see the chances of getting such a manager here are, & always have been, remote. The list of names I''ve seen on here, at least those who might realistically come here, I find no more inspiring than Hughton.

So, although I''d keep him, I would not be averse to change - but it would need an appointment out of the blue & way above expectations (perhaps the managerial equivalent of Hux?)

I fully take your point Ron, but do you not think that the sort of appointment you crave would be more likely to be prepared to come to Norwich if we were still in a fighting chance of putting in a decent showing this season?

What is nagging at the back of my mind is that if we continue in our current vein over Xmas etc, we could quite easily be marooned in the bottom 3, and decent candidates would be less likely to risk a blot on their CV by coming here. Do you not see this as a big risk ?

As with many aspects of our culture, expectations are high and football looks to the short term these days. I would prefer we abided by contracts signed and concentrated on supporting our team, but I know others feel entitled to demand the head of the Manager. Built up by the media, predicting sackings is as enjoyable as the sport itself for some. Of course all those ''sacked'' from the prem walk away with enough money never to work again. So who are the fall guys really. As for me I would like to see McNally out, and the club return to being a friendly community club again. Yes, we are a small provincial City in East Anglia, and one which will strive for continued success.

[quote user="Crystal Canary"]I still support Hughton, though last night was tough to take. I live with a Liverpool fan so you can imagine how painful it was.

The fact is, though we''re getting quite a few tonkings this season, we''re still on the whole winning the games we should be winning and losing the games we should be losing. Our ambition to reach 10th in the league this season still doesn''t seem hopelessly out of reach, so I don''t understand the complete meltdown from the supporters.

I know it''s been mentioned a million times already, but look at the away games we''ve lost so far..

Liverpool, Newcastle, Man City, Man Utd (cup), Arsenal and Spurs.

Out of those could we realistically expect to get anything? Perhaps at Newcastle, but they seemed to find their form at the worst time for us.

Of course, the next few games could swing it for me, as there''s no reason we should get rolled over at West Brom, and our home form has been pretty good so far. Hopefully we''ll take quite a few points over the coming weeks and we can all get back to fully supporting the team, Hughton included.[/quote]

its not losing its the way you loose also, we are out of games by half time and thats with a defensive approach, i see you forgot to put hull in there, i would expect a point minimum at hull, newcastle and spurs tbh they aint exactling rattling along and i would expect to at least to compete with the bigger teams not cave in i dont think this is a massive ask tbh.

[quote user="corbs"]As with many aspects of our culture, expectations are high and football looks to the short term these days. I would prefer we abided by contracts signed and concentrated on supporting our team, but I know others feel entitled to demand the head of the Manager. Built up by the media, predicting sackings is as enjoyable as the sport itself for some. Of course all those ''sacked'' from the prem walk away with enough money never to work again. So who are the fall guys really. As for me I would like to see McNally out, and the club return to being a friendly community club again. Yes, we are a small provincial City in East Anglia, and one which will strive for continued success.[/quote]

This is actually mental. McNally is the single, biggest reason we are in the premiership and not bust in league 1 or worse. You want to go back to that? He transformed the way we operate, removed the deadwood, the unambitious, and the costly, and brought NCFC into the 21st century. We''re in the premiership now, playing with the big boys and we''re still more of a friendly community club than the rest of the premiership.

Yeah, sorry, missed Hull. That was a disappointment, but it was early days so can be forgiven I guess (or maybe not by some).

I agree that it''s also the way in which you lose, but it''s strange that some seem to erase any good play we have from their memories. Like last night for example. We got shafted by Suarez on the night, but we had some decent play ourselves. What about the Chelsea and Arsenal games? Apparently we got lucky at West Ham too, because only the first half counts in some people''s minds.

People are in a funk because we''re getting hammered by the big boys again this season and it doesn''t feel good. But they won''t be the games that decide the season for us.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Who are those who want to keep Hughton ? the over 80''s club mostly ,old people are scared of change .Although possibly not as scared as Hughton is of rival Premiership sides.[/quote]

That is a load of rubbish! The over 80''s have not got the time to keep watching Hughton''s dross. They remember the good times and want them back quickly before they die.  Let''s get shut of him and his cohorts and move on. Maybe we should start collection pails outside the ground to pay him off.

great manager we have a great record at the team''s around us, and until we have let him built a squad over a period of time , this is all we can hope for, no mananger can change this.

Reggie, it''s another risk factor, but one I personally believe is tiny compared to the others I put forward.

To be blunt, there''s very little to attract a top manager - or player, come to that - to the club. There is a pretty low ceiling to our likely achievements, & we''re pretty close to them now (them being mid-table & a decent cup run).

How many renowned managers have we had? It''s usually a case of take a punt & hope you get a Lambert & not a Grant. Having said that, I''d be much more confident of something Lambertesque with the present board.

But who can say? McNally may have someone fabulous lined up. And that''s where my opinion lies; I trust the board''s judgement more then anyone else''s here (& that includes me).

I''m not sure if I agree with you there Ron . There are still plenty of excellent managers who''d be very tempted to run a club like Norwich in the EPL.

I fully take your point that people like Mourinho and Guardiola are not chomping at the bit to hand their respective notices in at Stamford Br or Munich to come to Norfolk. But there are good candidates both in Britain and abroad. I doubt if anyone had heard of Pochettino a year ago, but he seems to be doing well for Saints. And are you seriously suggesting that the same Laudrup who would be happy to go to Swansea but turn his nose up at Norwich ?

BUT (and this is the big but) , the list of good candidates would shorten considerably if they perceived that NCFC would be plying their trade in the Championship come August next.