Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

An Interesting fact on the Fixture list

We have already played 5 of the top 7 teams away from home.Fulham and Stoke have played only 3West Ham 2Cardiff and Palace 1And Sunderland have yet to play any of the top 7 away from home.I don''t know what the rest of you think but I would imagine that this distorts the present table somewhat.

What would be interesting is how in those few games the other teams results stacked up in comparison to ours.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]What would be interesting is how in those few games the other teams results stacked up in comparison to ours.[/quote]OK TILOf all those games only West Ham have gained points away from home at a top 7 club (win at Spurs, draw at Newcastle) They haven''t played any of the top 5 away from home.Everyone else have lost all their away games at the top 7 clubs.Happy now?

And even more disturbing is that we have 20 more games until those last 4 games. We need to average 1.5 points a game in those next 20 games to be safe.

It''s a reasonable point, thing is such has been the manner of our performances away from home we''ve done our bit quite nicely for these teams in the top seven.

It''s not just the defeats Per se, it''s the manner in which we''ve not so much lost as been butchered and its gotten to tipping point for the fans and I suspect the Board of Directors.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="TIL 1010"]What would be interesting is how in those few games the other teams results stacked up in comparison to ours.[/quote]

OK TIL

Of all those games only West Ham have gained points away from home at a top 7 club (win at Spurs, draw at Newcastle) They haven''t played any of the top 5 away from home.

Everyone else have lost all their away games at the top 7 clubs.

Happy now?
[/quote]

I detect you thought my question was tongue in cheek Ricardo but it was a genuine question. The interesting thing for me is as you have highlighted like for like games that if it comes to a straight dog fight for the drop with West ham they have a 4 point starter with the win at Spurs and draw at Newcastle.

Don''t you just love statistics ? [;)]

none of this mattersweve had a terrible start after spending a large amount (for this club) of moneywe look worse than last season not better, other clubs have taken action yet little sleepy ol'' norwich just put up with the rubbish that hughton dishes up week in week out

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="TIL 1010"]What would be interesting is how in those few games the other teams results stacked up in comparison to ours.[/quote]OK TILOf all those games only West Ham have gained points away from home at a top 7 club (win at Spurs, draw at Newcastle) They haven''t played any of the top 5 away from home.Everyone else have lost all their away games at the top 7 clubs.Happy now?[/quote]

I detect you thought my question was tongue in cheek Ricardo but it was a genuine question. The interesting thing for me is as you have highlighted like for like games that if it comes to a straight dog fight for the drop with West ham they have a 4 point starter with the win at Spurs and draw at Newcastle.

Don''t you just love statistics ? [;)]

[/quote]Yes it''s not until you actually look at the completed fixtures that you see how distorted things are.I also note that we have only played 5 of our 14 games against clubs in the bottom half of the table and have won 3 drawn 1 and lost 1 of those.9 of our games have been against the top half clubs.So versus top/bottom clubs itsCity 9/5Sunderland 8/6Palace and Stoke 6/8Fulham West Ham Cardiff 7/7Remarkably distorted isn''t it?

[quote user="iron_stan"]none of this mattersweve had a terrible start after spending a large amount (for this club) of moneywe look worse than last season not better, other clubs have taken action yet little sleepy ol'' norwich just put up with the rubbish that hughton dishes up week in week out[/quote]

It matters very much.Eventually we all have to play each other twice and those around us will have to pay their visits to the big boys just as we have done. Perhaps they may fare better because they will need to since our results in the head to head with them are much superior.

I find it odd that people say we look worse than last season.

I can see that being the case if we only look at manu, man city, and spurs games (only two of those being in the league) but other than that I think we have generally looked much better.

people complained that they were tired of norwich rolling over in games we weren''t expected to get anything from, and that they weren''t attacking.

well against chelsea we were very unlucky not to go on and win it, and arsenal the same for a draw.

and I thought we looked alright last night. the closing down was a huge issue and the gaffer recognizes that.

I do think we could use a change in management, but not because I think we look worse than last year.