Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Hughton Interview - Good to hear!

Good to hear him genuinely angry at the players. Saying 4 of 5 goals were preventable. And giving Suarez that much space was criminal. And you can''t concede goals like that away from home. Blamed individual errors.
And good on him for that. Players really need to step it up on Saturday

its good to hear him say that it wasn''t good enough and admitted that we gave them too much space. Lots of passion in the interview which is nice,

roll on west brom

Oh really good of him to trot out the same old s**t week, after week - today no different.

The usual "they are bigger and better than us, we can''t cope with their quality" - great way to inspire confidence!

I find it bewildering, in the extreme, that you are pleased with what the manager has just said on the radio? If that''s what he sounds like when he''s "genuinely angry", then I''d just sit there with no reaction - clearly the players are doing the same.

Our £3-5 million pound defenders can''t cope with a £40 million striker when he''s on form.strange that.

Again he didn''t hide behind the injuries though.  Even though the player we needed up front today to play that system was RVW.

But he was right not to hide behind injuries because mistakes cost us and spoiled what was not a bad performance. No wonder he was angry. It''s one thing to get absolutely stuffed like we were at Citeh but tonight was different. The team was let down by those mistakes.

Not everything the manager does is wrong though. He was brave bringing back Bradley Johnson and despite what many squealed on here that was the right call. The players were brave and took the game to Liverpool early on. But then through the mistakes let themselves down, the manager down and the fans down.

Is odd how some have taken the interview as ''good'' whereas other (as always) home in on a negative.

The next four games = big, against some ''lesser'' sides - first and foremost we need to see a reaction on Saturday, then get a run going.

Has anybody ever heard Clueless Chris blame himself... for picking the wrong players.. for playing the wrong system.. for leaving substitutions too late?

Has anybody ever seen him pictured at a midweek game checking out forthcoming opponents?

Getting angry with the players is a start, but sometimes a manager has to hold up his hands, admit that HE got it wrong and, more importantly, learn from his mistakes.

[quote user="budgiebird"]Has anybody ever heard Clueless Chris blame himself... for picking the wrong players.. for playing the wrong system.. for leaving substitutions too late?

Has anybody ever seen him pictured at a midweek game checking out forthcoming opponents?

Getting angry with the players is a start, but sometimes a manager has to hold up his hands, admit that HE got it wrong and, more importantly, learn from his mistakes.[/quote]
Only in our first game against Fulham last season did he hold his hands up. Other than that I''m not sure. I know what you mean though.

Our £3-5 million pound defenders can''t cope with a £40 million striker when he''s on form. - Ricardo

Yet Hull''s defenders (and God knows how much they cost) managed to totally shut him out.

[quote user="Wazzy van Donkeydangler"]Our £3-5 million pound defenders can''t cope with a £40 million striker when he''s on form. - Ricardo

Yet Hull''s defenders (and God knows how much they cost) managed to totally shut him out.[/quote]

^^^ this. enough said

[quote user="Wazzy van Donkeydangler"]Our £3-5 million pound defenders can''t cope with a £40 million striker when he''s on form. - Ricardo

Yet Hull''s defenders (and God knows how much they cost) managed to totally shut him out.[/quote]

How awfully simplistic.

By the way, Everton beat Man United tonight and we drew with Everton so we are better than Man United, right?

THICK

The same idiotic fans licking who-tons 4rse after he finally admits the players arnt listening to what he''s telling them to do......Yay that''s awesome hogesar what''s his next trick he can do???

[quote user="Wazzy van Donkeydangler"]We lost to Hull, Liverpool lost to Hull, so we are totally pants

Moronic[/quote]

You illustrate my point so well and even realise you''re a moron.

Priceless.

" Has anybody ever seen him pictured at a midweek game checking out forthcoming opponents? "

That''s a bit difficult when there aren''t very many mid week games in the Premiership eh? Other than when we are also playing ?

[quote user="ricardo"]Our £3-5 million pound defenders can''t cope with a £40 million striker when he''s on form.strange that.[/quote]That''s a BS excuse. Other defences haven''t conceded 10 goals in 3 matches from the same player. It shows an embarrassing inability to learn from his mistakes on the part of our manager.

Total hogwash Ricardo. By uttering that nonsense, what you are effectively saying is that we have no business being in this league, and cannot compete there.

Several other clubs with our level of defenders have managed to shut out the likes of Suarez and RvP and Hazard for 90 mins on a regular basis. We too have defenders capable of it, but the manager just seems totally inept at setting them up, coaching them and motivating them to do precisely that.

Of course we will ship a few goals now and then but as Kangaroo says, he''s so useless that he fails EVER to learn from previous errors.

He''s an absolurtely cr@p manager and needs to go, and NOW.

Reggie Strayshun wrote the following post at 05/12/2013 8:14 AM:

"Several other clubs with our level of defenders have managed to shut out the likes of Suarez..."

Absolute BS, since he returned Liverpool have been a goal machine sweeping aside most Clubs around us in the table; West Brom, Sunderland, Crystal Palace and Fulham have all been comprehensively beat and Newcastle and Everton were both score draws (2-2 and 3-3). Arsenal beat them and shut them out and Hull got lucky.

A bit of perspective please.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Reggie Strayshun wrote the following post at 05/12/2013 8:14 AM:

"Several other clubs with our level of defenders have managed to shut out the likes of Suarez..."

Absolute BS, since he returned Liverpool have been a goal machine sweeping aside most Clubs around us in the table; West Brom, Sunderland, Crystal Palace and Fulham have all been comprehensively beat and Newcastle and Everton were both score draws (2-2 and 3-3). Arsenal beat them and shut them out and Hull got lucky.

A bit of perspective please.[/quote]How about the perspective of conceding eight goals from the same player in three games in a row  under Hughton? What other manager even comes close to that? He has absolutely no idea how to deal with him.

How hard can it really be to just stick a man on him for the whole game? its not like we are playing 3 up front and can''t spare the man from the midfield….Either than or press high as a unit and win the ball high up the pitch to cut off the service these are just basic things that our wonderful manager doesn''t seem to get. If you give players of the quality of Suarez time and back off and back off you will be punished far too much space in-between our lines for a former defender he surely must see that we are a shambles under him. Better managers have lost their jobs for a lot less.

I do wish fans of our great club and probably decent people with good views would not resort to attacking each other!

I don''t think it was a good interview from my view point as a fan who has just watched another hammering by a top 6 club. If Hughton wasn''t angry than he really would not be fit to manage after that. Also Ricardo we knew how good Suarez is so why with 4 defenders and 3 defensive midfielders could we not have one person attached to his hip? He is class but the manager must coach his players to null this threat as Hull managed very well on Sunday!

I am fed up with the same old dross served up, we will now get Bassong, Martin & Johsnos come out and say it''s not good enough, how they will make it right on Saturday and they will do this for the fans and manager! We will then get the prematch Hughton build up of how good and dnagerous WBA are and it will be a tough game, where he will set up with the one striker and defend deep allowing pressure to build until we concede and go on to lose 3-1. After it will be another angry Hughton who will say the same thing and so the merry go round goes on!

I''m bored to tears, we have rubbish coaching, questionable manager and players who can''t deliver the managers style or tatics.

Yet behind the scenes at Carrow raod it''s the most exciting times, youth cup winners, cat 1 youth set up, scouting by Berg and so on and so on, we have a great set up, let''s not waste it by allowing Hughton to destroy confidence, sorry but for me it''s time to go. No more fence sitting, you are mr nice but you bore me to tears Mr Hughton, Calrdewood and Trollope.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Reggie Strayshun wrote the following post at 05/12/2013 8:14 AM:

A bit of perspective please.[/quote]

It''s not BS, Joanna. I know it doesn''t fit in with your agenda, but, unfortunately for you, it happens to be true.

It''s you that need to get the perspective. 3 consecutive hat tricks in five goal drubbings by the same player/team is quite simply unacceptable. To just dismiss what Hull achieved as "lucky" is patronising and insulting. Bruce set out his stall properly, and it worked to a T. And I repeat that Suarzez, RvP and co do not fill ther boots every week. It just seems to be against us.

You make a mistake once. To make it again is careless. To make it a third/fourth time is incompetent. And that''s what this regime is.

Give me a break! I was looking for something optimistic and positive after considering topping myself.

So far Hughton has consistently been calm and collected nor put blame on the players. This week he has, which is fair enough. He has to take responsibilty predominantly - he knows that, it''s the life of a manager after all.

I don''t think he''s taking us forward. I do think we''re uninspiring to watch and that translates to the fans who are getting frustrated. I do however, think that he is capable of keeping us in this league. I do not think he is capable of much better. But our performances will have a large bearing on fans feelings.

Reggie Strayshun wrote the following post at 05/12/2013 11:00 AM:

"And I repeat that Suarzez, RvP and co do not fill ther boots every week. It just seems to be against us...."

RVP? He has not scored a goal against us under Hughton yet scored 4 in 2 games against us under Lambert. And I do believe that one of Suarez''s hat tricks was against us when Lambert was Manager.

Lambert out!!!

Lambert out!!!