Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Let the Good Times Roll

Good or bad times, we are all supporters (I hope).   It''s tough at the moment, but so it is for several other clubs.   Our squad, for all the money spent, is still not as good as several other squads and the only way a club like ours will succeed is if we are all pulling together.   Its the only way.  We know that is true, because under Lambert we saw what can happen if everything is positive about the club.   The message holds true today.  We are still in the premiership and are four points clear of 18th.   Our finances are still in good position and our board is strong. 

Where we (obviously) need to improve is on the pitch. Some of us on here can see that it will take time to come to fruition and that there have been some improvements to outfield play, but that is being undermined by the quality that some other teams have and we are being punished at the moment.  But its not new.  The 1-1 draw at Anfield two seasons ago was as one sided a match as you could want to see and should have been a hammering if Liverpool had had a striker of note.   They didn''t and we had Grant Holt, but that is history.   But they have upgraded and now have the strike force.  And its the same all over the league. Teams have improved by spending millions that we can only dream of.   So we are still struggling to compete.

But we are succeeding.  Ask Fulham, Palace or Sunderland fans.   We can go into the next game thinking we can climb the table with a good performance.    Those three clubs are clutching at straws to try and break out from the bottom three. Perspective is easy if you look for it.  The bottom line is, we are operating on a shoestring but have good prospects for the season if we keep the faith and have patience. 

Patience - and once the squad is fit and playing at its peak, we will see much better.

Yet more "jam tomorrow " type BS from Lakey.

You complain about "negativity" from fans.

I''ll tell you where the negativity lies, mate.It''s when Hughton praises the opposition and compares us unfavourably to them. When he has press conferences that are as dull as dishwater. When he picks a team designed to hold on for a nil nil draw. When he drops a striker who scored on Saturday. That sort of thing.

I just hope that the board take the more realistic approach held by the vast majority of members of this forum, rather than that of Lakey and his dwindling band of rose tinted chums, and have the courage to change things before it''s too late.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Good or bad times, we are all supporters (I hope).   It''s tough at the moment, but so it is for several other clubs.   Our squad, for all the money spent, is still not as good as several other squads and the only way a club like ours will succeed is if we are all pulling together.   Its the only way.  We know that is true, because under Lambert we saw what can happen if everything is positive about the club.   The message holds true today.  We are still in the premiership and are four points clear of 18th.   Our finances are still in good position and our board is strong. 

Where we (obviously) need to improve is on the pitch. Some of us on here can see that it will take time to come to fruition and that there have been some improvements to outfield play, but that is being undermined by the quality that some other teams have and we are being punished at the moment.  But its not new.  The 1-1 draw at Anfield two seasons ago was as one sided a match as you could want to see and should have been a hammering if Liverpool had had a striker of note.   They didn''t and we had Grant Holt, but that is history.   But they have upgraded and now have the strike force.  And its the same all over the league. Teams have improved by spending millions that we can only dream of.   So we are still struggling to compete.

But we are succeeding.  Ask Fulham, Palace or Sunderland fans.   We can go into the next game thinking we can climb the table with a good performance.    Those three clubs are clutching at straws to try and break out from the bottom three. Perspective is easy if you look for it.  The bottom line is, we are operating on a shoestring but have good prospects for the season if we keep the faith and have patience. 

Patience - and once the squad is fit and playing at its peak, we will see much better.

[/quote]

Why are you typing this constant pro hughton drivel. We get your point, stop attention seeking with this new threads.  

To be fair to LDC, we do have a lot to be happy about!

We have Cat 1 youth set up, we have some good coaches at lower levels, Robins & Adams, we have won the Youth FA cup and we have some rather good prospects in the background.

We are debt free and we do have some very good players, the board are sound and Bowkett & MacNally have steered this club to where none of us dared to think we would be 6 years ago!

We now need to find that manager & coaching to move us into the mid table, good side we want to be, like a Swansea, Southampton or Everton.

Looks like we have another Doctor on this forum.......a spin Doctor. Thanks for yet another lecture Lakey in how many of us are looking at things through the wrong end of the telescope.

We''ve been subjected to this garbage for 14 games and still I don''t see any real signs of improvement, in fact as far as I can see, and I''ve watched every game, we''re getting worse. As for having a positive attitude then surely this has to start at the top. But no, we get nothing but negative comments from the manager who is always on about the quality of the opposition, we get negative team selections like leaving your best striker on the bench after he''s scored in the previous game and we get negative & pointless substitutions - why wasn''t Hooper brought on when we went 2 down last night.The current set up is not fit for purpose and it needs changing now.

Patience is, as they say, indeed a virtue but at some point it always runs out. Now to me the question is how long can we all afford to be patient before its too late to save the season.

Making plans- WHAT 14 games????!!!!??? You only been following us for a few months then yeah??? 18 months 60 bloody games more like

[quote user="Izaak Hunt"]Making plans- WHAT 14 games????!!!!??? You only been following us for a few months then yeah??? 18 months 60 bloody games more like[/quote]I was only referring to this season so we could avoid the inevitable replies that we finished higher last year than we did in the previous year.

[quote user="Indy"]

To be fair to LDC, we do have a lot to be happy about!

We have Cat 1 youth set up, we have some good coaches at lower levels, Robins & Adams, we have won the Youth FA cup and we have some rather good prospects in the background.

We are debt free and we do have some very good players, the board are sound and Bowkett & MacNally have steered this club to where none of us dared to think we would be 6 years ago!

We now need to find that manager & coaching to move us into the mid table, good side we want to be, like a Swansea, Southampton or Everton.

[/quote]

This is a great point Indy. Every season, one, sometimes two clubs go down becasue they are a total mess off the pitch. Blackburn, Wolves, QPR. All sorts of madness off the pitch leads to only one thing and i expect similar problems sooner or later, at Cardiff and Hull where disruptive and troublesome owners lurk.

We have none of that. We have stability and the right people and the right set ups. We have the best squad we have ever had probably, certainly in the premier league era.

We have a coach who is not translating all these good things in to results on the pitch. No-one ''expects'' us to go up to Anfield and win. But given how far we have come, i do expect us to go to these places and put on a good show and not get humiliated EVERY TIME we go there.

Enough is enough. Hughton''s approach to the game is not right for us at this stage of our development. It''s really that simple. Do the honourable thing Chris before you really loose the fans and start damaging the club.

All these self-righteous threads from LDC promoting positivity etc etc are boring as hell. I even read more than one line this time and still don''t see any real substance.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]If I plug my ears close my eyes and bury my head in the sand whilst thinking happy thoughts, all this bad stuff will cease to exist. Welcome to LDC''s ethos on life.[/quote]

Ha ha. You have it in a nutshell.

Happy thoughts?  You losers are so down on the club (or yourselves) that you can''t see the wood from the trees.   You can''t take the rough with the smooth.   If its not how you want it right now, it has to change.   Are you miserablists just down on the club for the sake of it?   All you see is 7-0, or 5-1 or 4-0 or whatever it is.   You don''t see the 3-1 win or the away win at Stoke, or the draw with Everton, or the win against a very good Southampton side, or the improved performance against Cardiff, or the important win against CPalace. 

Its not the club you are concerned about, its your pride that bothers you.  

The balance of things is that we are still in the mix, with good players to come back from injury. Yes, its a struggle under this manager - BUT IT WOULD BE WITH ANY MANAGER.   We are still one of the least resourced clubs in the league. When are you going to get that into your thick skulls?   You can insult me all you like, but it doesn''t change things.  The best course of action is to proceed as we are, get the best out of what we''ve got, try and get a couple of players in January to strengthen further and see if the team can develop, find its feet and improve enough to consolidate the club in this league.  Anything else at this stage would be folly.

My  op was to suggest that the club needs to pull together and that includes fans and includes you!

...says the aptly named Izaak Hunt.

Still. You can''t beat people over the head with positivity and expect them to like it (or you) and become like it (or you). It shows the same kind of lack of insight as the sick and angry people who only post messages following defeats.

[quote user="GenerationA47"]

Still. You can''t beat people over the head with positivity and expect them to like it (or you) and become like it (or you). It shows the same kind of lack of insight as the sick and angry people who only post messages following defeats.

[/quote]

You''re right of course.  However, all I am suggesting is having some patience.   Its not rampant positivity, but trying to take a balanced view.   However, those that have made their minds up about the manager tend to bang on and on about it and ridicule anyone one that doesn''t agree with them.  You either have to be a hootun-outer or you''re not worthy of an opinion.  That''s mobbism.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="GenerationA47"]

[/quote]

You''re right of course.  However, all I am suggesting is having some patience.   Its not rampant positivity, but trying to take a balanced view.   However, those that have made their minds up about the manager tend to bang on and on about it and ridicule anyone one that doesn''t agree with them.  You either have to be a hootun-outer or you''re not worthy of an opinion.  That''s mobbism.

[/quote]

There is some truth in what you say, Lakey, That''s why, now I''ve made my mind up 100% as a Out-er, I will not get involved in any more "debates " about this particular subject. I have a straight opinion; you have a different one, and neither will now be shifted.No point in wasting hours typing the same old stuff over and over again.

It''s down to the board now.....

But Lakes I am, in this never ending debate, classed as a hootun-outer as you put it.

I actually find it''s the ''inners'' who, more often than not, resort to one sentenced insults or sarcasm for those who actually think he should go.

I long for the day when we get a manager who is a leader and man manager and we all pull in the same direction. It wasn''t that long ago mate.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Good or bad times, we are all supporters (I hope).   It''s tough at the moment, but so it is for several other clubs.   Our squad, for all the money spent, is still not as good as several other squads and the only way a club like ours will succeed is if we are all pulling together.   Its the only way.  We know that is true, because under Lambert we saw what can happen if everything is positive about the club.   The message holds true today.  We are still in the premiership and are four points clear of 18th.   Our finances are still in good position and our board is strong. 

[/quote]

Shove your uber positivity. Away performances are flipping woeful.

Hughton out.

[quote user="lake district canary"]However, all I am suggesting is having some patience.   [/quote]And just how long should we be patient LDC. Until Saturday when we''ve lost again. Until Xmas when we''re firmly stuck in the bottom 3. Until the end of January because we''ve decided to give him some more money to waste. Until the end of February when the January signings have made no difference. Until the end of March when bottom of the league.Until the end of April when our last chance has gone & we''re in line for 4 more drubbings.Or until the end of May when we''ve just been relegated.So LDC, at what point will your patience run out.How many more games of going nowhere are you prepared to put up with. What, or when, would be the defining moment that makes you join the "Out" camp

Several other people, including myself have asked this very same question to the inner guard of the "Inners", MP.

As yet, no definitive answer.

Let''s see if you''ll be any luckier.......

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="lake district canary"]However, all I am suggesting is having some patience.   [/quote]And just how long should we be patient LDC. Until Saturday when we''ve lost again. Until Xmas when we''re firmly stuck in the bottom 3. Until the end of January because we''ve decided to give him some more money to waste. Until the end of February when the January signings have made no difference. Until the end of March when bottom of the league.Until the end of April when our last chance has gone & we''re in line for 4 more drubbings.Or until the end of May when we''ve just been relegated.So LDC, at what point will your patience run out.How many more games of going nowhere are you prepared to put up with. What, or when, would be the defining moment that makes you join the "Out" camp [/quote]

Look at our run of games.  If we are going to stay clear of the relegation zone we will be picking up points in these,  as we have been all season so far.   We need to improve - that goes without saying - but we are still on course for safety.   The heavy defeats are not helping, but as long as we stay strong and bounce back and get up to full strength again with  less injuries, there is every prospect of us staying well clear of trouble. 

The nature of the premiership is that practically any team can beat any other,  us included, as proved last season.  We just have to be strong and resilient.   At what point would I join the out camp?  When I see no hope for the team. That point has not been reached and I do not think it will be reached.  After the two Manchester teams I thought that maybe we were on a downward spiral, but we have won two out of four since then,  That, however you look at it shows mental strength and desire to succeed.   I hope that continues, with us picking up points as we have all along, despite the difficulties in getting the team to perform consistently well.  

The team will improve - it just will.   We''ve had so many injuries, RVW and Hooper are not yet completely up to speed and Fer is still finding his feet too, I would say.  Time and patience is imo what we need to show.  I know most don''t agree - but I have been at some of the heavy defeats this and last season  and at some dire performances too, so I''m not talking without experience of these matches - I just don''t see any better alternative.

See what I mean, MP ?

No specifics...just a lot of vague phrases like "when I see no hope" . When , precisely, Lakey ,will that be reached.? Something exact and measurable, please .

This REALLY is not a dig at you . But you keep asking for patience. I think we''re all just interested to know what one event/points total would your patience run out.

Last night I was accused of gloating because we were 3-0 down and today I am a thick skulled miserablist. I like to think I am a very depressed Norwich City fan who can spot when we are in a downward spiral with a first team manager and coaching staff who are losing the support of fans in droves and as sure as night follows day the playing staff as well.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Last night I was accused of gloating because we were 3-0 down and today I am a thick skulled miserablist. I like to think I am a very depressed Norwich City fan who can spot when we are in a downward spiral with a first team manager and coaching staff who are losing the support of fans in droves and as sure as night follows day the playing staff as well.[/quote]

Huzzah!