Sign in to follow this  
Jonzey

Best performance ever?

I watched the whole game last night. Every horrible minute of it.

I''m struggling to think of a striker who I''ve ever seen play a better game either on TV or live. I''m including Messi, Ronaldo, Van Basten.

Don''t get me wrong, I loathe Suarez. And the result made me sick. But looking objectively, I''ve never seen a striker score such good goals in one game, and I''ve never seen one player utterly dominate like that little rat faced, bat eared freak. I''m dumbfounded by it.

Can anybody offer a better example?

The problem with answering that sort of question, Jonesy is that "best performaces" are all relative.

Frankly, our display was so woeful last night, that Suarez was made to look like a world beater. Don''t get me wrong, he is a superb player, but if he''d put in that kind of display against Arsenal in their current vein of form, then it''d count for a lot more than the comedy cuts routine he was up against last night.

On a similar subject, I remember Darren Huckerby for us v Cardiff in our promotion season in 2004. I think we won 4-0 and it was one of the best performances I''ve seen from anyone in a yellow shirt . Ever. He was unplayable.But, as I say, it was Cardiff, not Real Madrid we were playing.....!

Last nights result was what I expected - after the bad performance against Hull Liverpool HAD to pull out the stops for this one.   The players were fired up for it.   SUAREZ - we can hate the man but I think we have to admire the player!   Albeit reluctantly.   It takes top notch defenders to cope with him and he seems to have the measure of the Norwich defence with his hat-tricks becoming a usual occurence.

The little ******* was certainly on fire.   As one commentator said, "Norwich didn''t do anything wrong".   Ignore the quality of defenders the flight of the ball from ratboys feet last night would''ve been goals against the best.   The free kick was unfortunate since it was never a foul on Gerrard who simply lost his balance and fell over.

People have said Hooper wasn''t playing as he was being rested - rested from what?   I won''t be in to work today as I need to rest in preparation for next week.   The Liverpool defence is fragile and Norwich should''ve gone at them hard.   The quality of the Norwich goal was lost in the shadows of the Suarez show.   It was superb - a great cross and fantastic header - pin point crosses from the wing instead of speculative punts into mid air with no particular player in mind are what produces chances in my view.   I believe Norwich players are far better than the teams performances it''s just the way they are playing as a team

Being a Liverpool supporter AND a fan of Norwich I would prefer a draw in these fixtures!   I have faith that Norwich will be okay and avoid relegation but it will be a hard fight no doubt

Yeah, I''d agree with Reggie. Best performance ever would suggest coming up against quality opposition, in form, who have a good game, and still can''t touch you.

Last night Suarez came up against pretty good defenders (not world class by any means), who aren''t in particularly good form, and didn''t make it anywhere near hard enough for him to work his magic. Had we kicked him around a bit and made him work hard to find space, and he still scored the goals he did and dominated in the same way, then it would have been a really special performance. As it is, last night Suarez was very good, but it was made rather easy for him.

If Suarez was playing against Arsenal, Chelsea or one of the so called big four instead of us I doubt he would have scored the four goals he did.

I do remember when Ronaldo (the one who had that silly haircut not the Portuguese one) scored a hat-trick against man utd in the champion league some years back when Madrid won 4 - 3 and he got applauded of the pitch by the utd fans when he was subbed that performance was pretty special.

Like many on here I have seen plenty of football matches over many years, and I struggle to remember such an amazing striker''s performance. At half time I had to wake my Wife up to rave about it (it was early morning here), and trust me, thats something I would only usually risk doing in a life or death situation, we were losing 0-3 yet I was raving about it! Sure, we could have been tighter, but on that form I''m not sure it would have made any difference. Even the goal from the corner was absolutely stunning and the assist too was top drawer!

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]The problem with answering that sort of question, Jonesy is that "best performaces" are all relative.

Frankly, our display was so woeful last night, that Suarez was made to look like a world beater. [/quote]That''s the question. Did we make him look good, or would have done that against anybody?

Well you can only play against the team infront of you, and boy did that guy play well. I''ve just watched MOTD finally and the goals look even more ridiculous and outrageous. Three contenders for goal of the season let alone goal of the month.

The only comparison I can make is Messi vs Arsenal a few years back when he got four goals. He just made a fool of them. Another as mentioned above was Ronaldo away at Man U with the hat trick. A higher level yes, but the Premier League isn''t too far behind. And the goals scored were not as spectacular as Rat Boys.

Hate him or loathe him, sometimes you just have to doff your cap.