Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

Chris hughton Guinness book of records

Hughtons record as it stands

Suarez 3 hat tricks against the same team - record

1 0 defeat to Luton first prem team to get knocked out of cup by a non league team for thousands of years - record

Defeat to citeh our worst for hundreds of years - record

He truly is our worst manager of all time

[quote user="Canary from waveney valley"]Hughtons record as it stands

Suarez 3 hat tricks against the same team - record

1 0 defeat to Luton first prem team to get knocked out of cup by a non league team for thousands of years - record

Defeat to citeh our worst for hundreds of years - record

He truly is our worst manager of all time[/quote]

You really ought to get your facts straight before you post.   Suarez''s  first hat trick and drubbing of Norwich was with Lambert.................

7-1 at home in league 1 is the lowest I have ever known. I can''t see Hughton ever getting that bad.

Herman wrote the following post at 2013-12-05 11:16 PM:

Gunn was our worst manager.

Gunn didn''t get time to be our worst manager - Roeder collected that accolade - looks like Hughton is after the title and well on his way to achieving it.

"City 2nd"Herman wrote the following post at 2013-12-05 11:16 PM:

Gunn was our worst manager.

Gunn didn''t get time to be our worst manager - Roeder collected that accolade - looks like Hughton is after the title and well on his way to achieving it.

If it was a game of Top Trumps, Roeder''s would technically be the best all-round card to have.

I am very critical of Hughton at the moment and particularly his approach to away games. But to call him the worst manger we have ever had is absolutely ridiculous. He secured top flight football for us last season, achieved our highest finish in 20 years and while things are looking precarious this season we are not presently in the drop zone. These results have helped Norwich into a position of financial security for the first time since I was consciously started supporting the club in about 1995.

Its harsh to single out individual managers but Glenn Roeder and Bryan Gunn were jointly responsible for taking the club to its lowest ebb for 50 years. Hughton''s reign by contrast has been generally positive if not particularly entertaining.

People really need to get a grip if they genuinely believe Hughton is our worst manager of all time. Either they have remarkably short memories, or are massive drama queens.

Although results are poor, and performances haven''t been great, Hughton works extremely hard, and is a real "club" manager and genuine football man. He takes a huge interest in the academy which not all of his predecessors have.

He took over the club at a time that was always going to be tough, and led us to an excellent final league position last season. I really hope he gets the next 3/4 games and can turn things around, but if he doesn''t and is reasonably relieved of his duties, I certainly don''t think he will be anywhere near approaching our worst manager of all time.

Probably says a lot about the "Premier league" mentality of fans who say otherwise to be honest...

He''s also managing in the highest league in the land, with the largest pot of money available ever. Just for the record.

[quote user="Herman "]He''s also managing in the highest league in the land, with the largest pot of money available ever. Just for the record.[/quote]

I think the highest league in the land is probably in Scotland,  or possibly the Lake District if we are being parochial. Even closer to home I''m guessing  the highest league in Norwich is Gas Hill Division 1 or halfway up Mousehold.   

Largest pot of money ever that''s been available to Norwich City. We''re still the fourth cheapest squad in the Premier League. On that basis we''re broadly where we should be.

I''ll be honest and say that I''m not happy with these capitulations at all and Hughton needs to learn how to properly motivate his players by giving them something to fear, i.e. being dropped, if they aren''t 100% doing their best to get on top of the opposition.

Still a guy with quite a short managerial career so far though and did well last season. I''m happy to give him time to learn personally.

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]Sutton United beat Coventry some time in the past thousand years...
[/quote]

That was back in the late eighties and wasn''t that the last time a non league club beat a team from the top flight ? .............Oh hang on a minute. [:$]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]Sutton United beat Coventry some time in the past thousand years...[/quote]

That was back in the late eighties and wasn''t that the last time a non league club beat a team from the top flight ? .............Oh hang on a minute. [:$]

[/quote]You had to be in the fourth round of the FA cup to lose in the fourth round, not much danger of that happening since what the late eighties early nineties dare I say the Chase era?