Sign in to follow this  
hazza9

What's your best possible team??

When all of our players are free of injuries.

Mine would be;

4-4-2 diamond

GK. Ruddy

LB. Olsson

CB. Bassong

CB. Bennett

RB. Martin

DM. Fer

LM. Pilks

RM. Snoddy

AM. Hoolahan / Howson

ST. Hooper

ST. RVW

I think you''re right Newcastle, although I''d be tempted to put a fully fit Pilks on the left, and bring Redmond on as an impact sub. Is Redmond more effective than Bennett on the right though? We didn''t see much of Bennett last season due to Snoddy''s heroics!

Beautifully presented as well!

GK: Ruddy

RB: Whittaker/Martin (pretty 50/50 on these two)

CB: Turner

CB: Bassong

LB: Olsson

DM: Tettey

CM: Fer

CM: Howson

RW: Snodgrass

LW: Pilkington

FW: RvW

Classic 4-3-3 - Tettey covering Fer and Howson so they can push forward and press high up the pitch, Snoddy and Pilkington playing fairly narrow to get close to Ricky to offer him support, Whittaker/Martin and Olsson on the overlap to provide width. Pretty much what Hughton played at Stoke which worked well. Redmond offers a good option off the bench and Hoolahan can be brought on to play off RvW if a more attacking system is needed.

************Ruddy*********

Whittaker*Bassong*Turner*Olsson

*Snodgrass*Tettey*Fer*Pilkington*

***********Howson**********

***********Hooper**********

Bench. RvW, Redmond, Johnson, Hoolahan, E.Bennet, R Bennet, Martin, Garrido, Josh Murphy, Elmander, Becchio, Bunn, Nash

Same as above.

Although Redmond is close to that right wing place. Snodgrass is a good player but is has he been causing defenders* enough problems this season?

*Opposition defenders, not ours. Just to be clear ;-)

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Brazil 1970 or 1982. Us...

Ruddy

Whittaker

Bassong

Turner

Olssen

Tettey

Fer

Howson

Snodgrass

Pilkington

Van Wolfswinkel[/quote]Drat!!! Had just looked up the 1970 Brazil squad on wikipedia!!! Suppose I''ll have to go for the 1974 & ''78 Dutch team, Cruyff, Neeskens, Rep so on.........

[quote user="GJP"]

Same as above.

Although Redmond is close to that right wing place. Snodgrass is a good player but is has he been causing defenders* enough problems this season?

[/quote]

With the third highest ''key passes'' rate in the League (which means passing to a player who then takes a shot) I would say he is causing plenty of problems for opposing defenders.

Agree with Bethnal, by far our best performances this season were with a 4-3-3. Would like to have seen how that developed and hopefully will once we have players back.

I would also say its 50/50 between RVW and Hooper as well. Neither played enough to nail it down though either having a run in the team could do so as Hooper is now showing.

BY&Gs team for me. Although i''d probably prefer Redmond to Snodgrass.

Still don''t know why some people think the diamond is played with wingers. We played it for the most part of two and a half seasons. Only occasionally would a player you could call a winger play in one of the two CM positions. Because thats what it is, DM, 2 CMs and an AM. Of course the CMs push out wide sometimes, but they certainly aren''t wingers. The main problem with the diamond is it lacks serious width. And it worked best in League One because Hoolahan and Martin''s technical ability, along with Holts Holtyness worked their way through most defences without the need of much width.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="GJP"]

Same as above.

[/quote]

With the third highest ''key passes'' rate in the League (which means passing to a player who then takes a shot) I would say he is causing plenty of problems for opposing defenders.

[/quote]

Well, despite that stat, I think there have been times this season he has made it easier for the defenders he''s up against by being a bit predictable in what he does. 

He is prone to having too many touches and not releasing that ball early enough.

But he did still make my team because I do think he''s threat. Just that, in my opinion, he''s not made the best use of his ability often enough this season.

---------------------ruddy---------------

martin-----bennett--bassong--olsson

redmond---fer---howson---pilkington

-------------hooper--wolfswinkel--------

can''t wait for this

[img]http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2013/12/885000_Norwich_City.jpg[/img]

Would like to see this played with. Very flexible formation, very popular with Brazil in particular. Also Pellegrini''s favourite. Said it before, but now I''ve done a pretty picture!

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 04/12/2013 12:38 AM:

---------------------ruddy---------------

martin-----bennett--bassong--olsson

redmond---fer---howson---pilkington

-------------hooper--wolfswinkel--------

can''t wait for this

I''m with you except I would still partner Turner with Bassong.

Mine is  below - I am very flexible on both full back positions and wes / howson who i see as all of similar ability. 

Ruddy

Martin  Bassong  Turner Olsson

Fer  Tettey

Snodgrass   Wes        Pilkington

RvW      

I wouldn''t say its the best team, but I''d personally like to see this:

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bassong Olsson

Redmond Fer Howson Pilkington

Hoolahan

Hooper

The inherent problem with the best team though is it depends on the opposition.

-----------------Ruddy-------

E Bennett  Martin Bassong Olsson

-------------------Fer

Redmond                         Pilkington

---------------Hoolahan

------------Hooper   Van Wolfswinkel