Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

We've sold out the away end tomorrow.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

It''s fans voting with their feet.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2/3026887/ShowPost.aspx#3026887

[/quote]

Stop being facetious. It took long enough at £12.50p a ticket. Pre-Hughton Liverpool away would have always sold out regardless of price or day. So the thread you bring up still has relevance.

That ''voting with their feet'' thread did make me laugh. Based upon one small midweek away attendance when there wasn''t a spare seat in the house for our home game v lowly Palace - I believe it was a new record all-seater attendance at Fortress Carrow Road?

Still, why not spin stats to suit whatever agenda you have...

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]That ''voting with their feet'' thread did make me laugh. Based upon one small midweek away attendance when there wasn''t a spare seat in the house for our home game v lowly Palace - I believe it was a new record all-seater attendance at Fortress Carrow Road?

Still, why not spin stats to suit whatever agenda you have...[/quote]I doubt NCFC would have tweeted the following 37 minutes ago is sold out...TICKETS: You have until 4pm today to claim your half-price ticket for tomorrow''s trip to :

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]That ''voting with their feet'' thread did make me laugh. Based upon one small midweek away attendance when there wasn''t a spare seat in the house for our home game v lowly Palace - I believe it was a new record all-seater attendance at Fortress Carrow Road?

Still, why not spin stats to suit whatever agenda you have...[/quote]

Livepool away would usually be one of the easiest away games to sell out regardless of it being midweek. 500 is a shocking really. We''re quick to laugh and joke at teams like wigan for their poor following. So is it we''re crap fans or is something else keeping the fans away?? I think the latter.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Livepool away would usually be one of the easiest away games to sell out regardless of it being midweek. 500 is a shocking really. We''re quick to laugh and joke at teams like wigan for their poor following. So is it we''re crap fans or is something else keeping the fans away?? I think the latter.

[/quote]

I don''t think any of us think that we''re (insert rude word here) fans so ''something else'' is a pretty good option, it''s just what is that something else, the only way to find out is to ask all the fans who didn''t go to tell us why, please answer below;

I didn''t go to Liverpool away because.................

Good luck to those headed out on the road.I used to enjoy away days but its too much for me now, both physically and financially.I shall be watching if I can find a stream.

[quote user="ricardo"]Good luck to those headed out on the road.

I used to enjoy away days but its too much for me now, both physically and financially.

I shall be watching if I can find a stream.
[/quote]

Try NtJob (Nutjob) via wiziwig, thats my favorite one ricardo.

Tomorrow is my first away game since Arsenal.

I''m not up for it at all. I think the excitement I had for away games has all but gone. Just feels like a chore now.

Hopefully tomorrow will be an improvement on previous weeks.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

I don''t think any of us think that we''re (insert rude word here) fans so ''something else'' is a pretty good option, it''s just what is that something else, the only way to find out is to ask all the fans who didn''t go to tell us why, please answer below;

[/quote]

Lets not try to be too clever here eh? A common trend for when a team is playing poor or when the fans are unhappy is for attendances drop. Its fairly simple really. Away games logically will suffer first before home games start to feel the effect. This Saturday kind of goes against trend, However tickets prices are very Low which will distort things. Still I''d argue, pre Hughton tickets at that price for any Norwich away game would never make general sale. So clearly, although sold out (or nearly as the actual case is), the demand is much less then it previously has been.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lets not try to be too clever here eh? A common trend for when a team is playing poor or when the fans are unhappy is for attendances drop. Its fairly simple really. Away games logically will suffer first before home games start to feel the effect. This Saturday kind of goes against trend, However tickets prices are very Low which will distort things. Still I''d argue, pre Hughton tickets at that price for any Norwich away game would never make general sale. So clearly, although sold out (or nearly as the actual case is), the demand is much less then it previously has been.

[/quote]

This Saturday follows the trend of selling out away allocations, the Liverpool game was one of the rare times we haven''t sold out our away allocation making it the game that does not follow the trend.

As for the ticket prices distorting things, I think you''ll find that''s just good marketing coupled with a realistic approach to pricing.

''We have sold out the away end tomorrow'' does not tell the story of how many tickets we asked to be allocated. Was it 2,000,3000 or maybe 4,000 ? That end at West Brom can  be made bigger or smaller as the need justifies in the same way the Jarrold for away support at Carrow Road.