Sign in to follow this  
Holtcantshoot

Martin Olsson appreciation thread

As he''s been fantastic for us every game I''ve seen this season. Always in the right position, rarely makes a mistake, good crosser of the ball and works his socks off. If he keeps his current form up should be a certainty for player of the season.

He has been really good, i just wish we had another full back with his quality to play on the right. I''d actually say his best attribute is his crossing, they''re pinpoint and lightning fast, I just wish he could get into position to put more in during the game. I''d actually have him left wing at the moment with Redmond right and Garrido at left back. Definitely a massive bargain at around 2 million!

[quote user="RollesbyCanary"]He has been really good, i just wish we had another full back with his quality to play on the right.[/quote]Perhaps Kyle Naughton? Doesn''t seem to be getting much of look in at Tottenham.

Another one of him and I''d love us to try out something a bit different like 4-2-2-2 magic rectangle or maybe 4-4-2 diamond like in the old days, which was quite a nice formation I always thought. We didn''t have fast enough full back to give it the width back then, but I reckon Olsson could handle it.

I think Elliott Bennett is the player you are looking for at rightback. Agree, bar the Newcastle game where he wasnt himself, he has been superb. But I would also have him on wing duties at present with Garrido behind

Olsson player of the season (have you seen our goals against column?) and Elliott Bennett at right back?  What on earth have you lot been drinking?

Olsson has been very good, but shouldn''t be moved to left wing as it would negate his best qualities. Just because a full back is good at getting forward doesn''t mean they should be played as a winger. His pace allows him to get into space beyond the winger, by pushing him further forward he would be marked tighter and his overlapping runs would be lost.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Olsson player of the season (have you seen our goals against column?) and Elliott Bennett at right back? 

What on earth have you lot been drinking?
[/quote]

Absolutely nothing wrong with that suggestion. He''s got pace, he can tackle and his attacking qualities are not in question. His defensive awareness as a full back is something he can develop and is ok anyway as he has been used to operating on the flank as a winger and working with an overlapping fullback. A number of fans have been saying for some time that we should look at him there. Martin should be at centreback if anywhere.

True about Johnson, wonder if he will get a chance after his impressive run out midweek against a Liverpool side in cruise control? We desperately need Tettey back.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Olsson player of the season (have you seen our goals against column?) and Elliott Bennett at right back?  What on earth have you lot been drinking?[/quote]I''m only suggesting the Norwich player of the season so far not the whole league. If the idea of Olsson winning it would suggest I''ve been drinking I''m fascinated to know your perceived list of Norwich players who are currently out performing him? Perhaps our England hopeful striker with his 1 goal in open play against the worst team in the league or our keeper who let in 5 goals including 2 from 35 yards out on Wednesday night.