Sign in to follow this  
Canary On The Wire

It's hard to swallow being 16th in the Prem

What with Hootun spending millions more than the teams around us and the fact we already had a Premier League quality squad I was sure we''d be in for at least a Europa League finish this year. We''re just a midtable outfit and it isn''t good enough for one of the country''s top 40 biggest clubs. Failing to  trouble United in the Cup is fine, it''s just the cup- but to play an average Chelsea under Mourinho, an Arsenal side with only one good striker, and a Man City side we confidently beat away last season just is not good enough. We need to get rid of Clueless now.

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]What with Hootun spending millions more than the teams around us and the fact we already had a Premier League quality squad I was sure we''d be in for at least a Europa League finish this year. We''re just a midtable outfit and it isn''t good enough for one of the country''s top 40 biggest clubs. Failing to  trouble United in the Cup is fine, it''s just the cup- but to play an average Chelsea under Mourinho, an Arsenal side with only one good striker, and a Man City side we confidently beat away last season just is not good enough. We need to get rid of Clueless now.[/quote]

Is this as funny as I think it is??

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Canary On The Wire"]What with Hootun spending millions more than the teams around us and the fact we already had a Premier League quality squad I was sure we''d be in for at least a Europa League finish this year. We''re just a midtable outfit and it isn''t good enough for one of the country''s top 40 biggest clubs. Failing to  trouble United in the Cup is fine, it''s just the cup- but to play an average Chelsea under Mourinho, an Arsenal side with only one good striker, and a Man City side we confidently beat away last season just is not good enough. We need to get rid of Clueless now.
[/quote]

Is this as funny as I think it is??

[/quote]

No Lakey, especially come 5pm tomorrow.

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]What with Hootun spending millions more than the teams around us and the fact we already had a Premier League quality squad I was sure we''d be in for at least a Europa League finish this year. We''re just a midtable outfit and it isn''t good enough for one of the country''s top 40 biggest clubs. Failing to  trouble United in the Cup is fine, it''s just the cup- but to play an average Chelsea under Mourinho, an Arsenal side with only one good striker, and a Man City side we confidently beat away last season just is not good enough. We need to get rid of Clueless now.[/quote]

^^^                          ^^^^^

Detest posts like this.People are fed up with surrending (before we''ve even kicked off!) the majority of away games we play with HOOTUN as boss.  If you cant accept that people have valid fears about relegation - and with the squad we have we shouldnt be as close to the drop as we are!- then you''re in the wrong place. It''s a message board after all [:P]

[quote user="The Sensational Zak Cartman"]Is now a bad time to point out that we''re currently on target to finish twelve points clear of the bottom three? [6][/quote]

1 point per game = 38 points. I doubt the team in 17th will finish on 26 points. I believe someone has been relegated on 42 points, which would put us 4 points adrift.

[quote user="The Sensational Zak Cartman"]But we are four points clear after one third of the season so after 3/3rds of the season we will have pulled 12 points clear.[:)][/quote]

You must realise how stupid that statement is bearing in mind the teams we play will be different each 1/3. Some teams will go on a run, others will get their act together, others drop like a stone, also teams pick up more points towards the end of the season and we have 4 games where we might feasibly get nothing at all. As a previous poster said we need to get to at least 40 or more points and we arnt on course to that by your mathematics..

Of course we might go on a run too, but our current away form is so abysmal that i don''t think you can blame anyone for being concerned. Let''s just hope we do something today to put some faith back in, but I''m not building my hopes up.