Sign in to follow this  
Mo Rockin all over the world

Fantasy Football Club

Interesting to hear just now watching on Fantasy Football Club,Sky Sports that Curtis Davies put Chris Hughton as best tactician and man manager he has played for.Went on to say how meticulous he was in his planning,especially set pieces and how even if you were not in starting eleven he kept you happy so you''d want to do well when you get your chance..Fair do only Davies,but he has played under Robson,Pearson,O''neil,Houllier,Eriksson,Mccleish,Bruce,Pearce,Taylor and he rates Hughton over any of them on the two things I and many doubt Hughton on,tactics and squad moral..

Does not surprise me at all. Long term he is the right man for the job peeps just need to give him the time to bring in the right players and all will come good.

[quote user="Mo Rockin all over the world"]Interesting to hear just now watching on Fantasy Football Club,Sky Sports that Curtis Davies put Chris Hughton as best tactician and man manager he has played for.Went on to say how meticulous he was in his planning,especially set pieces and how even if you were not in starting eleven he kept you happy so you''d want to do well when you get your chance..Fair do only Davies,but he has played under Robson,Pearson,O''neil,Houllier,Eriksson,Mccleish,Bruce,Pearce,Taylor and he rates Hughton over any of them on the two things I and many doubt Hughton on,tactics and squad moral..[/quote]

It could be that Hughton is still fighting to get his squad up and running.   Last season he was dropped in at the deep end with little preparation time - yet he was slagged off virtually from the first pre-season game by some.   He got through that, got  the team performing then the confidence level dropped as we tried to maintain the high standards pre-Christmas.   This season is another whole new ball game.  Hughton getting players in and moulding them on to what was already here, that a process still going on imo, not helped by injuries and a very difficult away programme up to now.  

He has to show his mettle now and use all his skills and experience to get the team going really well again - and who knows - he might just bring all the doubters round.  I hope so.  The recommendations from all over the football world are high and some players came here specifically because of him. 

He wanted the challenge and he''s certainly got it. Its in all our interests that he succeeds and in the process gets us all on his side.

[quote user="Mo Rockin all over the world"]Interesting to hear just now watching on Fantasy Football Club,Sky Sports that Curtis Davies put Chris Hughton as best tactician and man manager he has played for.Went on to say how meticulous he was in his planning,especially set pieces and how even if you were not in starting eleven he kept you happy so you''d want to do well when you get your chance..Fair do only Davies,but he has played under Robson,Pearson,O''neil,Houllier,Eriksson,Mccleish,Bruce,Pearce,Taylor and he rates Hughton over any of them on the two things I and many doubt Hughton on,tactics and squad moral..[/quote]

That can''t be right surely. The man''s clueless. Worse than Gunn.[;)]

Ha,yeah.Certainly not clueless.I think I understand what he''s trying to do and it does seem to be very particular,neat and structured and maybe you lose abit of that "up and at em" excitement thing you get with more gung-ho type managers.Davies is another of quite a few players I''ve heard recently really rate working him..Easy for me to be philosophical though when I haven''t spent hundreds of pounds following them up to the northwest to get battered.Ive only been to one away this season and we won...and I''m going tomorrow so I''ll see how much I like him tomorrow night..Back on topic,would love to see Hughtons top 11players he worked with(player and manager).Might give more of a clue to his psyche..

Curtis Davies has endorsed his tactical ability and many others inside football say he has ability. As far as we know there is no dissent in the ranks at Carrow Road. Having never worked with him I can''t say, but if only some of this ability could be seen by those of us watching.His demeanour suggests a proactive, calculating, planner rather than an excitable, reactive, ''do-or-die'' type. His ability to make suitable changes to his plans seems lacking when things don''t go well. Hence the ''no subs''; ''late subs'' and ''like for like subs'' that we see.If he were to address this aspect of his management style maybe we would have more confidence in him to get the best out of the team. At the very least we would see something different being tried.

Mo'' Rockin all over the world wrote the following post at 2013-12-07 3:06 AM:

Interesting to hear just now watching on Fantasy Football Club,Sky Sports that Curtis Davies put Chris Hughton as best tactician and man manager he has played for.Went on to say how meticulous he was in his planning,especially set pieces and how even if you were not in starting eleven he kept you happy so you''d want to do well when you get your chance..Fair do only Davies,but he has played under Robson,Pearson,O''neil,Houllier,Eriksson,Mccleish,Bruce,Pearce,Taylor and he rates Hughton over any of them on the two things I and many doubt Hughton on,tactics and squad moral..

Speaks for itself - a player who has been through ten managers and how many clubs? Good trusted source!