Sign in to follow this  
HampsteadCanary

Canaries Player

Do most of you subscribe on here? Starting to get a bit fed up of it, no sign of the Hughton WBA press conference even though there are bits of it up on the club''s Youtube channel. Doesn''t seem to be a point any more if they''re just going to upload it all to Youtube anyway. The highlights are rubbish as well, its all filmed in HD for sky so why is the quality always so poor. The whole website is shocking, hard to use and tacky! Rant over, sorry!

[quote user="HampsteadCanary"]Do most of you subscribe on here? Starting to get a bit fed up of it, no sign of the Hughton WBA press conference even though there are bits of it up on the club''s Youtube channel. Doesn''t seem to be a point any more if they''re just going to upload it all to Youtube anyway. The highlights are rubbish as well, its all filmed in HD for sky so why is the quality always so poor. The whole website is shocking, hard to use and tacky! Rant over, sorry![/quote]I''ve been a subscriber for years but agree there is now nothing to warrant the fee.  As an exile I use to listen to the commentary whenever I couldn''t make it to see games live, but these days I just find a stream.  I also use to enjoy watching the highlights cut with the Radio Norfolk commentary, but they''ve dried up this season too.

I used to go on the NCFC website all the time, as apart from here it was great to go on the official website for the shop, tickets, news etc.  Now it is totally un-user friendly, but apart from ticket buying  (shock horror, LDC goes to matches [:O] - some, anyway)  and  looks as if it was designed by website geeks with no common sense as to what is required.   Its not just ours, though.  I went on to Wigan''s site recently to see how Barnett and Holt are getting on and that was just as bad.  

If it was possible to bring the old site back I would use it again, it was green and yellow, had the club logo showing clearly so you felt at home and it loaded up quicker and the menus were easy to see.  The present one is a mess.

I''ve also recently cancelled my subscription after many years of having it. The games that I don''t get to, I watch on a stream and the interviews etc are on Youtube, so there''s no point really. I just wasn''t using it any more.When we were in the lower divisions and streams were hard to come by I listened to the commentary through it and then watch the highlights whenever they were (eventually) posted.I have to say I used to find it all a quite badly put together too. Maybe I''m just picky because I work in tv, but it was always filmed and edited really badly. I think that it has got better recently judging by what I see on Youtube. I think they''ve invested in a decent camera and someone that can use it.

Had it when it first started & it was good while there was nothing else but now it''s just outdated, expensive and there''s really no need for it any more. Plenty of live good quality streams and all the highlights the next day on loads of websites and all for free. Gave it up 7 or 8 years ago and I''m surprised that there''s still people prepared to pay for it.

a friend of mine who is a derby county fan has given me the details to his account. I may use it to watch the odd player interview but with streams available for every match theres just no need ( live away from Norwich atm)

However if Norwich were in the championship and with no access to radio norfolk I would say its worth it for the commentary alone.

I cancelled mine last year as I can get it on my iphone 4 via Apple and its less money and if you are with Vodafone it is a bit cheaper