Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Elmander

Is he here all season, or could we get rid of him in Jan, if better is available?What would others want?

Keep him, he deserves his chance. He hasn''t had a lot of goal scoring opportunities on the pitch when he has played. He''s been putting the effort in, and making the runs, and I believe when good chances come along he''ll do well. So honour his season loan for me.

[quote user="Samwam27"]Is he here all season, or could we get rid of him in Jan, if better is available?[/quote]Keep him. Every team needs a scapegoat.......

Elmander has been inconsistent throughout his whole career, The only time he looked any good was when he was loaned out to Djurgårdens from Feyenoord in 2001/02 season.

Hes not a centre foward so i think another loan player (proper centre foward) would pave the way for his exit. He would be a better option out wide instead of Wes playing there. Wes should be played just behing front two like he was during PL''s reign

I would be well pleased with mid-table mediocrity. The way things are going i think thats a little bit ambitious.[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]Keep him of course. We are on track for mid table mediocrity, however boring up ma be.[/quote]

One thing I''ve learned since he arrived is that he may look like GH but he IS NOT A TARGET MAN!!! To be honest i thought Holt was a poor target man (a link up player/finisher that looked like a target man) but he''s not even as competent as Holt in that role. I didn''t see enough of him at Bolton to know what type of forward he is but he should be in competetion with RVW and Hooper not Becchio who is imo our only target man

We will probably sign him perminantly because we made the mistake of signing Garrido after his loan. Hopefully we don''t sign another player who is not up to prem football.

Some of you ought to be ashamed of your complete lack of knowledge of football.

Elmander has been capped 72 times by Sweden, do you seriously think a player who has proven he can play at this level is ''not up to prem football''?

I don''t know what you expect from him to be honest? The Elmander I watch on a Saturday is the one who is clever both on and off the ball, chases down lost causes and puts defenders under pressure.

His link up play with Hooper in the last few home games has been very good and you can start to see why he is the perfect ''foil'' for Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

But don''t let those facts get in your way of this blatant ''throwing toys out of pram'' episode, yes he doesn''t score 2 goals every game but deserves a certain level of credit for our recent home performances.

Elmander is/was a good player but, whether he is a suitable player for us is another thing. Players can be good but not git in at certain clubs and I think that is what is happening here.

So that is why he is STILL being picked in every Sweden squad then?

I think he is an intelligent player who''s movement off the ball brings others (hoolahan, hooper) into the game a lot more. It''s no surprise that Hoolahan looked much better with Elmander in the team than when he wasn''t.

I can''t think of any reason as to why Elmander isn''t liked at Norwich other than he ISN''T Grant Holt. People need to get real. He isn''t going to score 20+ goals this season but will work hard for the team and create chances for us with his work off the ball.

He did not do much at Bolton either, but clearly Elmander has got something about him, or, as Jez says he would not get in the Sweden squad. But, it has to be remembered that when with Sweden he gets to play a style that suits him, and with a world-class operator like Ibrahimovic. As opposed to the setup currently favoured by Hughton, and with the second rate partners here and when he was at the Reebok.

I don''t think he is the answer To our striking problems but nor is he as bad as this board paints. He links up play well and wants the ball, he does not hide and works hard. I agree he is not a target man

But nor is hooper who has had limited impact so far - his 23 mins against pool was anonymous and uncommitted. Much better needed

Based on the last two games elmander is ahead of hooper