Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

Would any defeat tomorrow see Hughton out?

i think aslong as we put in a good performance and if we lose narrowly, he will live to fight another day. If we lose heavily again,3 or 4 nil or worse, he has got to go.

[quote user="Wiz"]A 4 nil defeat MIGHT just do it.........a loss against Swansea most certainly would.[/quote]

But who would sack him Wiz, as surely that would mean McNally should go too?[:^)]

[quote user="Herman "]Fair and decent reply.

What I was getting at, in a non obvious way, is that there has to be a good replacement waiting and not just dumped on the nearest bloke. With Roeder it was out of the frying pan etc.[/quote]My take is that even though Gunn didn''t prove to be the answer the board were right to act when they did with Roeder. If he''d been kept to the summer the queue to leave would have been massive and the line to join would have been even smaller- even if we''d have stayed up!When something is wrong it should be changed not held on to in the blind hope it will turn around. It''s like a relationship- if you haven''t been getting on with your girlfriend for a year apart from maybe a couple of good nights out at a christmas party or something you move on- you don''t wait until you have the next long term lady lined up- it never comes back it just isn''t a good fit any more and Hughton isn''t a good fit here in just the same way.

Relationship advice and football opinion. A great forum, this :-)

In all seriousness though, the board do seem to have this blind support of Hughton at the moment. He can do no wrong despite doing plenty wrong. I''m surprised he''s still here.

The way he handled the situation with Becchio was just bizarre. Fine him, then play him. Wow did that make CH look weak.

We need a change. I don''t wish a defeat on us today, but if we were to lose and Hughton did go, then at least we are trying to change our fortunes. Not just stick to what we have in the blind hope he can manage to scrape by, as he always does.

I envisage the board forgiving defeats to WBA and Swansea. It would have to be something close to another 7-0 to force the board to actDefeats either side of Christmas to Sunderland and Fulham would be a different prospect.It''s just a shame we are being forced to talk in these terms by so many poor performances. Either way, something has to change.

Ho-hum. Could have done with that. Another day of petty thievery and minesweeping beckons.

And Hughton is still here. Boooo!

P.s. I don''t think a ''sack him and see'' approach is good or very professional.

A bad defeat, and he goes. Anything else and he will get the next 4 games. Then, when we get dumped by a lower division team in the Cup (again), he will be out. (Same as Roeder, who was sacked after an FA Cup loss).

As I have said before though, sacking mid-term is a high risk strategy unless there is somebody clearly better to take over. (And I am not convinced that someone like Mackay would be any better than CH.)

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]if we appoint someone new and go down, while we were outside of the relegation zone with hughton, it shows stupidity, not courage.[/quote]agreed!but then it''s "hughton''s team".. conversely if a new manager keeps us up  it''s "his team"lose lose...