Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

Would any defeat tomorrow see Hughton out?

Just wondering what you think. I think a poor performance and defeat would see him sacked. Yet another manager sacked after playing West Brom.

If we are as toothless as we usually are in away games then I can''t see how he can carry on. Constantly losing on the road, heavily at times, is just shattering what little confidence the players have.

Your thoughts? They might give him Swansea at home I suppose, but I really don''t see the point. It''s as good as over for Hughton at Norwich, I feel.

He has to change things, I have lost most of my faith in him already, it''s up to him to win it back while he still has the boards backing. Lose this weekend and he''s surely gone.

I feared for him the moment I saw that Hooper was dropped for Elmander. A silly decision that made almost no sense. I say almost because Hooper upfront away from home hadn''t exactly been working but his goal won us the previous game.

I think and very much hope that a defeat tomorrow would see him out the door.

Silly thing is, when he knows he has to get a result he pathetically puts two upfront, then when he''s bought himself time he reverts back to one upfront and repeats the process all over again!

If we sack him, appoint a new manager and go down, at least we showed ambition in wanting to improve. Whereas keeping Hughton and getting relegated just shows weak leadership within the club.

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]if we appoint someone new and go down, while we were outside of the relegation zone with hughton, it shows stupidity, not courage.[/quote]Really? Do you think we were wrong to get rid of Roeder when we did too?

If we lose badly I can''t see how he can carry on BUT who can we get as a replacement ? I posted this question a few weeks ago and didn''t get any decent answers !

Defeat tomorrow makes no difference.

Lose the next 4 games then he is gone but that will not happen. He will still be here at the beginning of next season

[quote user="CANARYKING"]If we lose badly I can''t see how he can carry on BUT who can we get as a replacement ? I posted this question a few weeks ago and didn''t get any decent answers ![/quote]

Exactly

If we get thumped again i can see him getting sacked, but I am at a loss as to who I would appoint.

We are not tripping over good candidates, if there was a standout replacement I think the board would have pulled the trigger by now.

[quote user="ricardo"]He''ll still be here in January.[/quote]I agree Ricardo. For all the whingeing on here, I don''t hear much of it at the games (apart from Tilly of course). [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ricardo"]He''ll still be here in January.[/quote]I agree Ricardo. For all the whingeing on here, I don''t hear much of it at the games (apart from Tilly of course). [;)][/quote]Well I''m glad I sit in the N&P.[:D]

@ Herman

The Roeder/Gunn situation may be a good example to use, but so is Southampton.

A lot of people had a go at them for sacking Adkins when he was getting some decent results (me included), but fact is, he was just an ok manager, average, who would''ve most likely taken them down despite the results he had in the last two weeks in the job there. They took a risk and it''s paid off so far.

As Alex Ferguson says in his book: "Some people, when they have a holiday, just want to go to Saltcoats, twenty-five miles along the coast from Glasgow. Some people don’t even want to do that. They’re happy to stay at home or watch the birds and the ducks float by in the park. And some want to go to the moon.

‘It’s all about people’s ambitions.’”

Hughton said in an interview with Sky Sports'' Geoff Shreeves ages ago "It''s my job to dampen expectations of the fans and players after spending the money we did in the summer".

Pochettino said after Southampton beat Fulham 3-0 at home this season, "There''s no limit to what these players can achieve".

It''s all about ambition.

Fair and decent reply.

What I was getting at, in a non obvious way, is that there has to be a good replacement waiting and not just dumped on the nearest bloke. With Roeder it was out of the frying pan etc.

I think he''s got the next four games; WBA, Swansea, Sunderland and Fulham. If we get minimal points from that, then I reckon the board will act. But I like to me optimistic and believe we can use this opportunity and get a good four game unbeaten run going, with at least two of them being wins.

A 4 nil defeat MIGHT just do it.........a loss against Swansea most certainly would.