Sign in to follow this  
whoareyou?

Pompey want to lose their game!!!!

I notice in the press today that Gary O''Neil has been quoted as saying that Pompey fans will be delighted if they lost on Sunday and sent Soton down. No mention of the Portsmouth players giving their all in the match and playing to win anyway!

Doesnt sound like the sort of talk you should hear from a professional footballer!

Personally I find it disgusting that any of the four teams who are playing the bottom four this weekend will go into the game taking it easy. Of course I want Fulham too, but chances are Portsmouth and Man Utd are more likely to either roll over or field understrength teams. I think the FA should monitor the situation very carefully. If Kleberson gets anywhere near the Man Utd starting line up, I recommend an automatic 43 point deduction - should see Man Utd down!

Seriously though, the FA should punish these teams, as so much is at stake, and Portsmouth didn''t exactly roll over at Carrow Road, in fact they played exceptionally well.

But all of this will be academic if we do the business and win. Come on Worthy, come on Norwich, we can do it, we will do it. Three points and home. 36 points is the finishing line, I said so a few weeks ago, lets go out there and do it!

When we went to Southampton we were talking to some Saints fans and they were already looking ahead to this game fearful that Pompey might throw it.

I live in Fareham just outside Pompey and my son is a Pompey season ticket-holder.

I can tell you that they will not deliberately be "not trying" but they are at the end of the season with a new manager who has already decided he is making changes and I don''t think all is well in the dressing room.
Yakubu is 99% certain to be leaving and Steve Stone (who has been an important player for them this year) is also not getting a new contract.
None of the team (to my knowledge)are local lads so they don''t have any particular dislike for So''ton - just nothing to play for.

WE MUST WIN OUR GAME !!!!!!!!!!!

Mark .Y.

Do Portsmouth actually have any home grown players? Derbies tend to be stoked up by the fans rather than the players and the same will be true on Sunday. While Pompey fans might not be too upset if their team loses to send Saints down, I would be staggered if that attitude is shared by the players or the management staff. The issue is whether they have mentally switched off now and how well their new manager can motivate them.

You can bet that Sir Alex will have his players seriously up for the Saints game- he will not want to be the victim of a last day miracle particularly after Tuesday night. Curbishley will want his team to go out on a high and will want to see which players should stay or go in the summer.

Fulham- who knows? They can be crap or brilliant. Remember they gave Chelsea a good game for the first half a couple of weeks back, were terrible against Newcastle and then beat Blackburn away. Chris Coleman will however still try to get his players charged up- last day, party atmosphere, Sky TV, contracts up for renewal, foucs of the country''s media. Its likely to be a bit bloody for us.

It seems to me that teams often play better when the pressure is off too; although I acknowledge that this will be as true for Fulham as for Portsmouth, Charlton and Man U.