Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

I'm finally off the fence

Hughton has to go, no confidence inspired in the crowd or the players. Time to freshen things up. Thanks for everything Chris, but that was just one thrashing too far.

Thought it''d be a narrow defeat tonight, that is just 1 thrashing too many, the fact Johnson scored pisses me off more as he''ll probably keep his place now.

what do you mean; ''Finally'' off the fence

(as stated before, you''ve been off for most of the time, but on when we got a good result, now that we''ve lost against liverpool, you''re back of i see)

I''ve been saying he deserves to keep his back on the narrow wins we''ve managed, only tonight have i jumped off and now want him gone.

oh crap, I didn''t realise this weekend was ''win or be relegated'' weekend.....when did they bring that in? I must have missed it.

Clearly we need a rethink on how we go about things away - though have not been helped by injuries (esp Tettey, just after settling on a working formation), but we have won 2 in 4, is that really relegation/sacking form?

''''only chance of avoiding relegation''''

We sit 4 points ahead of 18th and 4 points behind 11th...

The commentator stated several times in the game that we had played fairly well, it was just rather UNFORTUNATE that a FORTY TWO YARD VOLLEY went STRAIGHT IN TO THE NET, I mean that''s bound to knock you down a peg or two right?

Really piss3d at the result, mainly at Luis Suarez, but once again I come on here after the match to find pathetic reactions from our fans again.

Hughton being sacked now without a suitable replacement is much more likely to get us relegated than him staying IMO

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]oh crap, I didn''t realise this weekend was ''win or be relegated'' weekend.....when did they bring that in? I must have missed it.

Clearly we need a rethink on how we go about things away - though have not been helped by injuries (esp Tettey, just after settling on a working formation), but we have won 2 in 4, is that really relegation/sacking form?[/quote]

According 97% of people on here it is

I think you have to look at the bigger picture, I haven''t got faith that Hughton is the man to keep us up and the results over the whole of 2013 have made me think like that.

I don''t, i''ve been Hughton in until now. I have been critical of him some games but never wanted him gone. tonight was the straw that broke the camels back.

When? I said prior to the Palace game i no longer had faith in him but thought it wasn''t worth unsettling things further before our best chance of three points of the season. He duly delivered them and I believe nobody should be sacked after a win. You''re more bitey than Suarez!

Admittedly, as the goals were flowing in versus Man City, there were frustrating moments where i did want him gone, but after a few hours, i realised with the easier games coming up, he was worth sticking by.

I have had that few hours now and still want him gone. Things said at the heat of the moment should be taken with a pinch of salt, but the moment has now simmered and I still want him gone, it''s embarrassing how pathetic we are away from home, we are just little rent boys to the big premiership teams and it shouldn''t be like that every time.

Knee jerk or not, i''m still firmly off that fence this morning and don''t trust him to get a result out of WBA, I hope i''m wrong.

it not so much the hughton outers who i have a problem with, because they''re are just deluded in what we are as a club. What annoys me (personally) is how people can be so scathing about our manager, start threads to add to the pile and post about how clueless our manager is, then if we win have a go at other posters who want him out by saying you need to be realistic and give him time.

(not only applying to you as its not a personal agenda, just the knee-jerk camp)

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I think you have to look at the bigger picture, I haven''t got faith that Hughton is the man to keep us up and the results over the whole of 2013 have made me think like that.[/quote]

But I think that is the point.

Looking at the bigger picture, the case for sacking Hughton is limited. We are not threatened with relegation, we are building a Premier League infrastructure guided by him, we sell out our games, we have a good squad with some key players to come back from injury. Finally, given our resources, there is little to suggest that any sensible alternative could improve the situation. Hughton has flaws but so does every manager we could attract. Lambert did after all.

The bigger picture suggests that there is little to gain and much to risk losing in sacking Hughton.

What exercises posters is the smaller picture. The notion that nothing will improve for us and relegation looms (presumably the teams below us will improve). The notion that a different manager would do things differently. The failure to factor in the costs to the club of bringing in a manager like Lambert with no interest in anything beyond the first team.

I understand the short termist view and the Hughton out view that results. Results and performances have been difficult to take. But, please don''t pretend that this is the bigger picture.

The Board have to consider the bigger picture and that is why there has been no hint of any threat to Hughton''s position from that quarter.

We are now becoming a whipping post for all the top teams and have nothing in reply this is now beyond a joke. Wake up the board CH has to be replaced now. And as for wanting a top 10 finish at the moment dream on!!