Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Exactly what i wanted from Hughton today, completely unexpected. now where's that fence!

Massive win today, easily the best of the season. He got the balance spot on. Hopefully he''s learnt our wasteful midfield need the extra territiory 2 up front brings.

Yes we rode our luck, but we had a goal and it was WBA''s responsibility to bring the game to us.

Smashing and completely unexpected away win. Now to carry on the momentum to our next game.

3 points are 3 points but they hung on by parking the bus for 60 minutes against a team we really shouldnt need to be doing that againsti would have liked to seen them go for the jugular after scoring the first, we wont get away with that sort of play against many teams

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Massive win today, easily the best of the season. He got the balance spot on. Hopefully he''s learnt our wasteful midfield need the extra territiory 2 up front brings.

Yes we rode our luck, but we had a goal and it was WBA''s responsibility to bring the game to us.

Smashing and completely unexpected away win. Now to carry on the momentum to our next game.[/quote]

Completely agree. I still think I would prefer a different manager but, if this is a sign that Hughton is changing his outlook then that could change.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]obviously you still want him out though jimmy?[/quote]

He changed things today, so i can sit back on that fence again! He has a bit to go before i''m up over the other side, but that was spot on today. Hands up, i didn''t think he had it in him to change things and he has proven me wrong. I have long held out as an advocate of his whilst others called for his head but it hasn''t looked great and Liverpool rightly tipped me over the edge.

More of the same please Hughton.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="mrs miggins"]obviously you still want him out though jimmy?[/quote]

He changed things today, so i can sit back on that fence again! He has a bit to go before i''m up over the other side, but that was spot on today. Hands up, i didn''t think he had it in him to change things and he has proven me wrong. I have long held out as an advocate of his whilst others called for his head but it hasn''t looked great and Liverpool rightly tipped me over the edge.

More of the same please Hughton.[/quote]

and if we lose our next game, will you be back in the hughton out camp?

I''m in exactly in the same frame of mind as Scoot and Jimmy. Excellent win, full of spirit, and signs that CH is learning from previous cock-ups.

Still not out of the woods by any means, and we need to build on this over the next couple of weeks before I change my mind.

But it''s a step in the right direction.

Not a fan of Hughton, but if he is responsible for the effort put in by the lads today, then credit to him.

It is a welcome 3 points, but we mustn''t get carried away. If we had had 27 shots, as West Brom did and lost 2-0 to a team that had just three shots on target all game, then I dare say that there would be a lot of people, including Chris Hughton, saying we did not deserve to lose.

There was a grit and determination about our performance today and if we can produce that week in and week out then I will be happy to sing Chris Hughton''s praises and even forgive unexpected dropped points, although I do think the most important transfer target over the coming weeks should be a quality attack-minded Coach