Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

5 wins, 5 clean sheets and 12th in the away table...

People have unrealistic expectations I''m afraid. Last season half the league had 4 away wins or less. To do significantly better than that would be the form of a top six club.

His job suddenly looks a lot more secure going into the next 9 games and an away win should give the fans optimism. I''ve regained a lot of optimism today.

But no fan will ever "get him sacked", if he ever gets sacked it will be a result of our results - only Hughton can win or lose his job, and today he took a big step towards stabilising his position.

The vast majority of people to express concern about Hughton were doing so as a direct result of performance. We have a huge opportunity to start creating a gap between us and the relegation zone and it is up to Hughton and take advantage of that.

Form aint looking bad. 12th as NN says in away, 9th in home, 10th overall. and above the current champions overall.

Mind you Palarse seem to be proof that the "new manager syndrome" might exist after all?

Who cares. My beer turned into three.  I love you all  

Yes we did Nigel, but we did so during the easiest run of home games that we will get at any stage this season - Cardiff, West Ham (with no strikers), Crystal Palace.

We didn''t perform above expectations by winning 7 points out of those 9 games, nobody would be being unrealistic to expect us to remain undefeated from those three.

The major worry before today was away form, and we now need to perform to expectations over our next 9 games - all winnable (even Man Utd).

Relegation odds movingCity 5-1WHam 7-2Hull 3-1Cardiff 9-4Fulham, Sunderland, Palace all odds on.

[quote user="ricardo"]Relegation odds moving

City 5-1
WHam 7-2
Hull 3-1
Cardiff 9-4

Fulham, Sunderland, Palace all odds on.
[/quote]

I hope that comes about.

[quote user="ricardo"]Relegation odds moving

City 5-1
WHam 7-2
Hull 3-1
Cardiff 9-4

Fulham, Sunderland, Palace all odds on.
[/quote]

That must be the best odds all year? I thought we are at 3''s before a ball was kicked? All good.,

Le Judge, you never think but preach and ramble on far to much!

Last season, we struggled at home against the lower teams, did well against mid table and pulled off some great results against a few top teams. It''s football for crying out loud!!!

As long as we keep plodding along, while having key players out (which Lambert never had) and can get results, all the sodding better in my book.

Any fans looking for a reason to bemoan this club really should sod off and seek another club to support who meet their needs.

Doesn''t take a genius that to work out we''re not going to have the best away record having played Arsenal, Spurs, Man City, Liverpool and Newcastle in our first 7 away fixtures.

Yes, I agree the nature of some of the defeats has been a real worry, but equally the way we have bounced back has been a real plus.

That said, we need to keep putting in the dedicated performance that we did today, regardless of results, because the fans who follow the team over the country deserve to witness the Stoke/Arsenal/West Brom styles performances rather than the Spurs/Man City/Liverpool ones...

I.S. wrote the following post at 07/12/2013 7:44 PM:

"That said, we need to keep putting in the dedicated performance that we did today, regardless of results, because the fans who follow the team over the country deserve to witness the Stoke/Arsenal/West Brom styles performances rather than the Spurs/Man City/Liverpool ones... "

^^^^^^^^^ this!

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"]I''m happy to give him another week [;)]

Some guy near me started singing "Hughton''s army!" and nobody else joined in..[/quote]

Why not buddy? Why didn''t you join in??

And Juggy, if you look at Palarse''s record that was hardly an easy game was it? We will win some, lose some and draw some. Lose a lot we are expected to but hopefully get a few points we are not expected to get. It''s a football season and that''s what happens. I''m still holding on to my 45/50 point prediction and hopefully pushing for top half...