Sign in to follow this  
BarclayWazza

Judean People's Front??? We're the People's Front of Judea!

Is it not possible that the people on both sides of the Hughton In/Out fence each want the best for Norwich City Football Club? That our opinions on Hughton are based around the fact we want the club to progress? This one thing unites us. What help are posts calling out the Outers for being quiet after a good win and vice versa. It''s beyond pathetic.

Regardless of anything else, it should take more than 1 game for someone to change their opinion or to say whether another opinion is wrong or right.

Personally I don''t think Hughton will take us down but I don''t think he''s the right person to take the club forward. That opinion is based on results, tactics and performances from the start of this year (think Luton, Newcastle and Fulham from January). Recent wins haven''t changed that opinion for one reason or another and the manner of the defeats has strengthened it.

As a regular reader but rare poster, this forum seems like it''s full of children with too much time on their hands and nothing better to do than point score off one another instead of supporting our club.

Haha, very true, but Hitler only wanted the world to be a better place...

Anyway, that''s just it and why debate rages, we all fear relegation and want to make sure our club makes the right calls so it doesn''t happen for a while yet. The moment i think Hughton is dragging us to relegation, i''m off the fence, but he brought it round today and we''re turning in the right direction again with a home match next.

Well I agree Wazza "children with nothing better to do etc"

But isn''t that pretty typical of Internet discussion boards?

On here there are genuine city fans, some like a whine, some enjoy a wind up or trade insults, and there are transparent trolls who don''t support city at all.

Sometimes you get discussions that actually advance your thinking. Take the Chris Martin thing. When he left someone complained he hadn''t had a decent chance in the Prem compared to say Jackson. Which made me check back, and I saw that Zlambert actually started him for our first 5 Prem games and then dropped him, after which he hardly got a look in whereas Lambert used Jackson a lot as a squad player. Given that Lambert played Martin as a regular in the Champ, this makes me confident that if Martin was good enough for the Prem, Lsmbert would have persevered with him. Hence I''m relaxed when he scores lots of penalties for Derby now. But I''d never have had that insight if I hadn''t been debating the point on here,

Fair call - it is typical. It just seems like this in/out thing has dragged a lot of people into insulting each other that normally wouldn''t. There are a half dozen or so posts on the first page about variations of sarcastic threads on outers being quiet, WBA being on the beach and the win being players revolting or threads hijacked by similar comments.

Let''s focus the win, not the wind up of each others stance on the manager.

And yes, once you weed out the nonsense, there are plenty of valuable contributions to debate. There are just far too many plonkers on both sides of the fence spouting nonsense for there to be a decent debate on it.

"point score off one another instead of supporting our club"how does the former distract from the latter ?

To be fair I didn''t see anyone complaining about this on Weds night, Thurs, Fri, Sat morning, Sat afternoon....

But suddenly as if by magic on Saturday evening...

I counted 8 individual threads in the hour after the game proudly proclaiming the outers were going to be quiet/sarcastically saying WBA were on the beach again/who led the dressing room revolt this time etc. Fewer said what a fantastic result this was after Wednesdays game.

A lot of the inners response to the outers after today''s game smacks of a them versus us attitude which is stirring up all sorts of rubbish between fans. Relating this to what I said in the OP, we should all want the same thing - continued progress. I think that''s best done without Hughton, I recognise others don''t feel the same way. My first thought after the game wasn''t to get online and start a message board thread having a pop at fans that think different from me.

Oops didn''t mean to click post.....

What I meant to add is that I read a thread on a message board yesterday where there was a debate on Hughton which degenerated quickly into each party trading insults (Ipswich fan in disguise followed by gloryhunter, idiot and c-unit). I''m sure if I bothered to read much on here nowadays I''d find many threads similar.

I know this is just about the level of debate the average message board user can manage and that the anonymity of these things lends a lot to that but all it''s doing is stirring up bad feeling.