Sign in to follow this  
Sheff Utd Fan

A blades fan's view on Worthington

Hi guys its me again. Must say that i''m finding all your views and opinions on these different topics very interesting.

Just one criticism though, and i hope you don''t take this the wrong way, but i think all the posters on here who criticise worthington should really take a step back and look at where you are now under his guidance. Your club, under his management will go upwards and onwards. I personally, as i''m sure many fans of different clubs would love to have a manager of his quality at their clubs. I know he could do a better job than the moaning Warnock who quite frankly does my head in. You should all realise how fortunate you are to have a great manager like him at your club, so my advice to all you anti-worthington posters is to get off his back and get fully behind him and the team this sunday. I''ll certainly be rooting for you this weekend. Norwich has always had a special place in my heart after my beloved blades, and i really hope you stay up.

I 100% agree with your comments Sheff. To come from where we were a few years ago, to where we are now, and still complain, well, i just can''t get my head around it.

Worthy has done a sterling effort, and on Sunday, we may stay in the Premiership in our first season back up. What a truly remarkable achievement that will be. However, this isn''t enough for some fans. They want more, and they want it straight away. What really pis*es me off is when people get on Worthy''s back because we''re getting beat or aren''t mid-table already.

Take off your specs Guys and Gals, because we certainly don''t have one of the strongest teams in the league, and whether we go up or down, we are on the verge of being an established Premier team. Everyone would have bitten each others hands off for this a few seasons ago when we were getting beat 1-0 at Grimsby on a wet Tuesday night.

Looking at our situation as you are Sheff, with 3rd party perspective, Worthy is a fantastic manager. Looking at it from the view of some of the posters on here, he''s crap because we''re not beating established Premier teams 3-0. Grow up. This isn''t the First Division anymore. Everyone will be saying how great he is if we win on Sunday. Some of you should be shamed by your hypocrosy.

Rant over.

[quote]Hi guys its me again. Must say that i''m finding all your views and opinions on these different topics very interesting. Just one criticism though, and i hope you don''t take this the wrong way, but i ...[/quote]

Welcome Blades fan.

That''s the friendly bit over!.

As an anti Worthy poster, I don''t need advice from a City fan, let alone a Sheffield United supporter!.

I never have/will boo or not support our manager or the team/player at a game. For 90 minutes or so, I''m more committed than anyone, in my opinion of course.

But, when I leave the ground and get home, and  I feel Worthy has messed it up (and at times, believe me, he has) then I will come on here and say so!.

Wether or not that offends you or any poster, is not my concern.

I wish you and you club all the best for next season, but please don''t come all high and mighty on a Norwich website!.

All posters, including myself, enjoy talking to ''visitors'' like yourself and try to make them feel welcome. But the preaching would I feel, be better left at Bramwell lane, yes?.

Drives me completely insane!

Worthington (and the board too) have done so much for this club and not many other clubs can claim to have moved forward as much as we have over the last few years.

We have a stable club with a weak by premiership standards squad and we''ve managed to get to this point, at the start of the season most people I spoke to though we''d struggle (Norwich fans and nobodies!).  We''ve managed to give a good account of ourselves and not risk the financial standing of our club.

Wigan are talking about throwing 25million around (whether you''ll see it or not is anyone''s guess).  It puts things in perspective!

Chunky

1st,

He wasn''t preaching, I think there is little need to get on your high horse about that!  He was simply stating what he thinks!

Chunky

OTBC!

In my opinion there is only one reason we are where we are now- Nigel Worthington.  He single handedly turned this club around.  Kept us up, got rid of the dead wood brought in by previously inept managers, signed some gems, made the board part with a lot of cash (cash we didn''t actually have), got us up and has given us a bloody good chance of doing the impossible and staying up.

This club owes a massive debt to Worthy and anyone who can''t see it is seriously deluded in my opinion 

Must say, I think we''ve found a friend in Sheff here, and he''s more than welcome to post positive comments about the team.  Sheff, if you''re in town on Sunday and want to watch the football, come to the Murderers on Timberhill at 11.30, where there''ll be a small y''army contingent vying for front row seats in front of the telly....

Regarding Worthy, I think you''re spot on... no one should complain about him, or boo him (you know who you are from Saturday!!), even when he has messed up.  He''s a young manager, relatively inexperienced, and its his first year managing in the top-flight and.... we''re on the verge of staying up!! Who can complain?

And regarding some bizarre squad/formation selections, well who can blame him for that? Who in the NCFC squad can say they haven''t been given a fair crack of the whip this season, and so what if its taken him until the Man Utd game to get an established first team together, he''s entitled to try anything as far as I''m concerned... he could curl off a turd, shape it into a person, stick a yellow shirt on him and put him out for all I care, HE GIVES PEOPLE THE CHANCE! And that''s what has been important about this season.

Though the turd will probably still be better than Doc... oops, nuff said...

If we stay up on Sunday, the man (Worthy, not the turd) deserves a freakin'' medal.  If we don''t, well give him points for effort!

OTBC!