Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Todays lineup

#NCFC team v @WBAFCofficial: Ruddy; Whittaker, Turner, Bassong (c), Olsson; Redmond, Howson, Johnson, Fer, Elmander, Hooper.

Bold line up and some big changes in defence

Much needed in my opinion

Could line up in a number of ways... no idea how theyre gonna start! Diamond? 442 with Johnson on the left? 451 with Elmander out wide where, apparently, he can play?

It''s either 4-4-2 with a non-wide midfielder playing on the wing, or it''s 4-5-1 with Elmander wide (which I suspect is the case).

Either way it''s absolutely stupid.

Hughton seems really determined to have Elmander in every game. I thought the Hoolahan-Hooper partnership looked good but no let''s kill that one before it''s even had a chance.

Glad Whittaker has been given a recall.Interesting to see Long on the bench for WBA as well. Steve Clarke must be unaware of how often he''s bagged against us over the years!

You''ve got to be looking at Johnson and probably Fer holding then a trio of Howson, Elmander and Redmond just behind Hooper.

I don''t understand why they shove a square peg elmander in a round hole when we have a round peg murphy who plays with pace naturally on the left ?

play to players strength not the system !

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Hughton seems really determined to have Elmander in every game. I thought the Hoolahan-Hooper partnership looked good but no let''s kill that one before it''s even had a chance.[/quote]I think we''d miss him if he wasn''t there. You need a bit of muscle in the final third of the pitch. Someone who can win headers, hold the ball up etc.I don''t think Hooper even attempted to compete for a header against Palace last week, let alone win one. Johan can do that, and Hooper can focus on what he''s best at, and that''s playing on the shoulder of the defender, looking to get in behind and in on goal, and perform general fox-in-the-box duties.I think it looks a decent line-up, and about as strong as we can field at the moment with the current injury list. There''s no-one on that subs bench I''m desperate to see in the starting eleven.

No, Elmander''s contributions have generally been average at best. But the manager is determined to make a point that he was right to sign him.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Hughton seems really determined to have Elmander in every game.[/quote]Probably part of the loan agreement.

Why do you assume Elmander will start out wide??Holding pair of Johnson and FerElmander central with Howson and Redmond wide and Hooper up top surely?But why Wes is not there is a complete mystery.

I think Hoolahan benefitted from having Elmander as he creates the room that Hoolahan operates in.

Seems a perfectly reasonable starting XI, could have been a few changes but there''s nothing obviously wrong. Whatever changes I might make wouldnt include Murphy for Elmander though.

As ever, it will be a case of good selections if we win, CH not knowing hat he''s doing if we lose.

it will be something like this.
--------------Ruddy--------------
Whittaker Turner Bassong Olsson
---------Fer-------Johnson-------
Elmander---Howson---Redmond
-------------Hooper-------------
We all know it..... Hughton won''t go 442 away from home, even if we are 2-0 down.

Am I the only one who thinks Wes deserved his place today?

I don''t mind shaking up the first team, we don''t do enough of that, but thought he was really showing what we had been missing going forward.