Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Is Hughton about to throw in the towel?

Judging by his interview with Goreham, I just wonder if he feels that''s his lot? His tone just seemed so different to what we''ve witnessed before.

A further defeat Saturday could be it, I feel.

[quote user="flecky76"]Judging by his interview with Goreham, I just wonder if he feels that''s his lot? His tone just seemed so different to what we''ve witnessed before.

A further defeat Saturday could be it, I feel.[/quote]
I don''t worry about him being here much longer. It''s a WHEN rather than an IF he leaves now. No one can operate trying to hold onto their job jumping game to game hoping for a result that saves them for another week. I''m just sitting back watching the inevitable unfold. Too many dislike him now, and that''s almost impossible to change.

[quote user="flecky76"]Judging by his interview with Goreham, I just wonder if he feels that''s his lot? His tone just seemed so different to what we''ve witnessed before.

A further defeat Saturday could be it, I feel.[/quote]

He certainly sounded peed off Flecky. And Johnson certainly seemed to back what he said. It seems the players are still behind him. But you can bet they''d spent hours this week planning how to stop Suarez and giving him that much space would not have been in the plans. I''d have been peed off too.

I bloody hope so, it''s been the same dross since his very first pre-season with us... NEGATIVE (unt. it''s a shame so many people have taken FAR to long to notice it''s the same 5hit week after week Month after Month. The same crap excuses dribbling out of his gormless face. I tell you what it does show you tho...... you don''t have to be good at your job, oh NO you just have to be NICE. get a fu*king grip people and smell the coffee bye bye c*ntstopher who-ton!!!!!!!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Of course it''s when not if - that is the case for all managers.[/quote]
What a great reply Branston! Thanks for adding a really key response into this thread.....
But to further explain, I mean in the context of this season and next he will more than likely be gone before the end of next season. Rather than being like a sir Alex who gets a long healthy career and resigns. Unlike Lambert, Rodgers, Moyes, Martinez etc he won''t be poached by a bigger team, he''ll be fired or walk. That is what I meant, and it''ll be soon.

He won''t walk, and it''s not for the money - he''s an honorable man, and he''ll stay to fix the problems.

Christ... anyone would think we were an established top 5 team the way a lot of you go on.

The expectations are simply ridiculous - we''re a bottom-mid table team, we''re not going to get something from every game and we''re going to get the odd spanking.

Look back at the teams we''ve played - we''re about 3 points behind where any realistic fan would have predicted - hardly a crisis.

Clearly we''d all have liked the liked to be pushing for top 10, but it''s not something that we can realistically expect season on season yet.

No doubt he''ll get hounded out by the morons though...

Nice one Gibbo......He may have sounded jarred off but that for me just shows how much he cares and that he expected more from the team. BUT, on that display Suarez would have scored three of those four goals against just about any team, people are really forgetting the quality he and some other Liverpool players demonstrated, way above the best we can offer right now.

Funny how he always looks that little bit better when playing Norwich though isn''t it Dubai Mark.

He has scored four hattricks for Liverpool in the 2012/13 and 2013/14 season and half of them have been against us.

Yes we have to play against top class players in this league, but so does everybody else.

Yes, Gibbo, I do expect the ODD spanking, it goes with the territory, - the ODD SPANKING, not every single time we go to a big club. As for the accusation of peoples expectations? thats daft as far as I''m concerned, why expect low? Why? whats the point of competing if you don''t try to have belief and have a go and try to push on? Why accept scraping to survival? Whats the point?

Precisely Henrik. If it was the ODD spanking, then that would indeed be understandable. But it''s not.

The fact is that Hughton is simply not good enough to manage at this level. The same applies to a number of the players. A narrow unconvincing win against a desperately poor Palace side will not have papered over the cracks to any of us with any sort of realism in our heads. Cannot speak for the increasingly isolated others.

Certainly the tone of the interview was one of desperation. I believe he''s an honourable man and he should jump before he''s pushed.

The sides with the worst goals against ALWAYS go down. At the moment that is us.

We either blithely hope something will change even though it hasn''t shown any signs of doing so

Or we take a risk and change thins before the window opens.

I am not sure changing the manager will change anything, we just do not have the class in our side that''s needed either. I am fed up with witnessing no shows like this and after the 2-0 I couldn''t bear watching it and turned off my stream. I felt very very bitter for those poor City fans who made the trip to Liverpool. The board must act, but is sacking CH realistically gonna change anything? Our midfield is very very lightweight ... I feel we''re going to get relegated this season atm like many of you I am sure.

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]The sides with the worst goals against ALWAYS go down. At the moment that is us.

We either blithely hope something will change even though it hasn''t shown any signs of doing so

Or we take a risk and change thins before the window opens.[/quote]I take your point that gd is a fair indicator but would advise you change ALWAYS to nearly always (eg Wigan -42 2010 stayed up).

If he has a shred of respect for himself he will walk away now. The longer this lingers on the more damage he is doing to him getting a decent job back in the Championship where he belongs as a manager

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]The sides with the worst goals against ALWAYS go down. At the moment that is us. We either blithely hope something will change even though it hasn''t shown any signs of doing so Or we take a risk and change thins before the window opens.[/quote]

I thought it was the 3 with the lowest points.

Surfer wrote the following post at 2013-12-05 6:30 AM:

He won''t walk, and it''s not for the money - he''s an honorable man, and he''ll stay to fix the problems.

One and a half seasons, and he still ain''t fixed the problems. The guy is a complete defeatist in his footballing mentality.

If he was an honourable man he would have walked last season.

If he was an honourable man! LOL It''s that personal now is it? I think those comments say more about you than they do Hughton...

[quote user="henrik"]Yes, Gibbo, I do expect the ODD spanking, it goes with the territory, - the ODD SPANKING, not every single time we go to a big club. As for the accusation of peoples expectations? thats daft as far as I''m concerned, why expect low? Why? whats the point of competing if you don''t try to have belief and have a go and try to push on? Why accept scraping to survival? Whats the point?[/quote]

Thanks for the reply Henrik,

It''s not a case of expecting low, just being realistic mate. We don''t have the resources of Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, and 9 times out of 10 when we play these sides we''re going to lose - sometimes heavily. We need to win the games against the teams around us, which Houghton has done largely.

Our team is capable of doing better than they are currently showing, a united support behind the manager and players can only help a situation which is nowhere near as bad as some would have you believe.

Think about this point - Houghton has delivered 3 wins now out of 5 under massive scrutiny and pressure. He''s stood up, taken the criticism on the chin and delivered under intense pressure, not crumbled as others might of... (or turned on the fans) to me that sounds like a manager of SUBSTANCE. That sounds like a manager that I want to build and learn and take this team forwards - which after all, is what we all want!

ah :(

I''m now null and void as I''ve spelt Hughton''s name wrong after a few beers... sigh