Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

United!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="ncfcstar"]Different toilet, same ....

How many ''inspirational'' posts will we get from you today?
[/quote]

And how many posts will there be writing us or the manager off again, despite the evidence of the table, one win off 13th place and  the fact that we have won two of the last four games.  You can focus on the bad stuff if you like, but in the balance of things, the situation is not half as bad as some of you are making out.   Need to improve of course, but we have that in us.

[/quote]

You deserve every piece of sh*t you get Lakey, you really do.

[/quote]

As long as I keep reading over-reactive carp from people who are blind to anything other than seeing things as they want to see them and not as they really are,  I''ll take it.  

[/quote]

Now you know how we feel about you Lakey.

LDC is an inspiration - not a ''happy clapper''. Right now, there are significant battles to be fought - and some of those battles will need to be fought more than once.

Who on here is really up for it though?

Looking at some the comments on here, I know who I''d rather be in the trenches with!

People getting irritated at another''s upbeat mind-set is nothing new...

This thread illustrates the state of the Pink''un message boards brilliantly. Someone writes a heartfelt, eloquent and reasoned statement asking for unity from the fans, and he''s met with a spate of insults, one-liners and sarcastic drivel from the usual crew.

Why does optimism get you all so riled? Is it so terrible and painful for you to look beyond your self-indulgent angst and doom-laden lamentation?

It''s also interesting to note that those of us favouring a more optimistic (realistic) viewpoint don''t feel the need to resort to insults and petty jibes.

Shameful.

I''m genuinely ashamed you''re Norwich fans.

[quote user="Crystal Canary"]This thread illustrates the state of the Pink''un message boards brilliantly. Someone writes a heartfelt, eloquent and reasoned statement asking for unity from the fans, and he''s met with a spate of insults, one-liners and sarcastic drivel from the usual crew. Why does optimism get you all so riled? Is it so terrible and painful for you to look beyond your self-indulgent angst and doom-laden lamentation? It''s also interesting to note that those of us favouring a more optimistic (realistic) viewpoint don''t feel the need to resort to insults and petty jibes. Shameful. I''m genuinely ashamed you''re Norwich fans.[/quote]

As I am of you YES, happy clapper men.[:@]

it''s not optimism, for me its realism. Our table position is ok, not great, we have some very good players at the club (except elmander and BJ who are ok) and have a pretty good home form. We now have a good run of games to prove how good we are with playing teams that are now around us. Its very exciting so get behind the team and get off the sauce you lot. What you need is some cocaine, that''ll sort you right out

[quote user="mrs miggins"]it''s not optimism, for me its realism. Our table position is ok, not great, we have some very good players at the club (except elmander and BJ who are ok) and have a pretty good home form. We now have a good run of games to prove how good we are with playing teams that are now around us. Its very exciting so get behind the team and get off the sauce you lot. What you need is some cocaine, that''ll sort you right out[/quote]

Jeez.[:S]

I think at the moment Hughton is not doing well enough. This is my opinion. That said I also fully agree with the OP that we need to stand together behind the team.

We are after all not Hughton supporters we are Norwich City supporters.

I would love it if our manager proved me wrong in my opinion of his suitability. Unfortunately I think others on here may have made their decision on non football reasons.

[quote user="Scoot1975"]I think at the moment Hughton is not doing well enough. This is my opinion. That said I also fully agree with the OP that we need to stand together behind the team. We are after all not Hughton supporters we are Norwich City supporters. I would love it if our manager proved me wrong in my opinion of his suitability. Unfortunately I think others on here may have made their decision on non football reasons.[/quote]

When all else fails play the racist card eh?...........pretty low Scoot, pretty low.[:|]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Scoot1975"]I think at the moment Hughton is not doing well enough. This is my opinion. That said I also fully agree with the OP that we need to stand together behind the team. We are after all not Hughton supporters we are Norwich City supporters. I would love it if our manager proved me wrong in my opinion of his suitability. Unfortunately I think others on here may have made their decision on non football reasons.[/quote]

When all else fails play the racist card eh?...........pretty low Scoot, pretty low.[:|]

[/quote]

You said that wiz not me. Have I hit a raw nerve?

[quote user="Crystal Canary"]This thread illustrates the state of the Pink''un message boards brilliantly. Someone writes a heartfelt, eloquent and reasoned statement asking for unity from the fans, and he''s met with a spate of insults, one-liners and sarcastic drivel from the usual crew. Why does optimism get you all so riled? Is it so terrible and painful for you to look beyond your self-indulgent angst and doom-laden lamentation? It''s also interesting to note that those of us favouring a more optimistic (realistic) viewpoint don''t feel the need to resort to insults and petty jibes. Shameful. I''m genuinely ashamed you''re Norwich fans.[/quote]

The thing that gets to posters about Lakey is his continual new threads day after day and week after week banging out the same ''lecture'' but dressed up under different titles.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

The thing that gets to posters about Lakey is his continual new threads day after day and week after week banging out the same ''lecture'' but dressed up under different titles.

[/quote]

People may not like what I write, but quite often I am trying to get across a reality point, not necessarily contentious, or aimed one way or the other.  If you look at the op (if you can be bothered) it is trying to get a handle on the real situation - the fact that Hughton is here (whether we like it or not) and so what is the best way forward given that he is here.    But the serial anti-Hughton crowd can''t handle a real life situation.  They are so far up their backsides with the "Hughton out" idea they can''t accept anything or anything other than the manic repeating of posts/threads demanding Hughton out. 

That isn''t discussing a topic.  It is treating anything other than your point of view with nil consideration.  

Hughton is our manager and is likely to stay manager as long as we stay clear of trouble, keep picking up points and putting in the occasional great performance, as we did last season.    So all I want is to treat real situations with real argument.  Not "you have to be a Hughton outer or you must be some kind of  deluded happy clappy clinically insane idiot". 

As for people banging out threads/posts on the same subject, then you''ve only got to look at some of our more obsessed "Hughton outers" who go ape if they see anything remotely positive about our situation and keep up an almost continuous barrage of anti-Hughton propaganda which is totally one sided and never gives a hint of credit for anything, even when we win or do something good.  

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

While you''re correct in what you say Mr. Tilson ( Lakey is definitely a one note poster ), it does not take into account the special effort Lakey made on the hotel thread. I thought he really worked at that one. Of course, as Lakey acknowledged up front, the inspiration for that thought came from his mother. Lakey then ran with it suggesting, in a communication to McNally that modifications could be made to the hotel/corner with negligible cost to NCFC. Of course, it all ended badly when it came time for Lakey to share the response he received from McNally on that particular point. All Lakey managed to pass on to the posters who indulged him on that long, long thread was McNally stated the club was focused on priorities on the pitch. Nothing mentioned about the essential point that Lakey was making, i.e. that ground capacity and appearance could be enhanced for almost no cost to NCFC. [:D] 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

While you''re correct in what you say Mr. Tilson ( Lakey is definitely a one note poster ), it does not take into account the special effort Lakey made on the hotel thread. I thought he really worked at that one. Of course, as Lakey acknowledged up front, the inspiration for that thought came from his mother. Lakey then ran with it suggesting, in a communication to McNally that modifications could be made to the hotel/corner with negligible cost to NCFC. Of course, it all ended badly when it came time for Lakey to share the response he received from McNally on that particular point. All Lakey managed to pass on to the posters who indulged him on that long, long thread was McNally stated the club was focused on priorities on the pitch. Nothing mentioned about the essential point that Lakey was making, i.e. that ground capacity and appearance could be enhanced for almost no cost to NCFC. [:D]  [/quote]

Move on Yankee, I did, a long time ago..........

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

While you''re correct in what you say Mr. Tilson ( Lakey is definitely a one note poster ), it does not take into account the special effort Lakey made on the hotel thread. I thought he really worked at that one. Of course, as Lakey acknowledged up front, the inspiration for that thought came from his mother. Lakey then ran with it suggesting, in a communication to McNally that modifications could be made to the hotel/corner with negligible cost to NCFC. Of course, it all ended badly when it came time for Lakey to share the response he received from McNally on that particular point. All Lakey managed to pass on to the posters who indulged him on that long, long thread was McNally stated the club was focused on priorities on the pitch. Nothing mentioned about the essential point that Lakey was making, i.e. that ground capacity and appearance could be enhanced for almost no cost to NCFC. [:D]  [/quote]

Move on Yankee, I did, a long time ago..........

[/quote]...and, in moving on, were you able to admit to yourself that your idea was totally unrealistic. Naturally, this is a rhetorical question as admitting when you''re wrong is a little beyond you. What is did serve to prove, however, was that despite your constantly claiming the "reality" position, you actually are nothing more than the exact opposite of those that you criticize for their overly negative views. You are just the opposite side of the coin, with both views removed from reality. If you could come to grips with that ( you will one day I''m sure ) then, at that point you will reduce your need to initiate so many repetitive threads. Difficult as it may be, try to think of other subjects. You will find it more interesting as well as those you would like to read your threads.

Clearly I dont get this board, why all the flack to LDC for simply instigating a few threads, its a message board ffs? Is everyone fed-up with dishing it out to Wiz or something?  ...and Wiz......you should know better having been on the end of it so many times! United.....my ar se!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

The thing that gets to posters about Lakey is his continual new threads day after day and week after week banging out the same ''lecture'' but dressed up under different titles.[/quote]While you''re correct in what you say Mr. Tilson ( Lakey is definitely a one note poster ), it does not take into account the special effort Lakey made on the hotel thread. I thought he really worked at that one. Of course, as Lakey acknowledged up front, the inspiration for that thought came from his mother. Lakey then ran with it suggesting, in a communication to McNally that modifications could be made to the hotel/corner with negligible cost to NCFC. Of course, it all ended badly when it came time for Lakey to share the response he received from McNally on that particular point. All Lakey managed to pass on to the posters who indulged him on that long, long thread was McNally stated the club was focused on priorities on the pitch. Nothing mentioned about the essential point that Lakey was making, i.e. that ground capacity and appearance could be enhanced for almost no cost to NCFC. [:D]  [/quote]Move on Yankee, I did, a long time ago.......... [/quote]...and, in moving on, were you able to admit to yourself that your idea was totally unrealistic. Naturally, this is a rhetorical question as admitting when you''re wrong is a little beyond you. What is did serve to prove, however, was that despite your constantly claiming the "reality" position, you actually are nothing more than the exact opposite of those that you criticize for their overly negative views. You are just the opposite side of the coin, with both views removed from reality. If you could come to grips with that ( you will one day I''m sure ) then, at that point you will reduce your need to initiate so many repetitive threads.  Difficult as it may be, try to think of other subjects. You will find it more interesting as well as those you would like to read your threads.[/quote]

Oh dear...........and I thought I had problems.  I don''t think I am anymore right about anything than anyone else.  I just put out my views - I don''t expect anything back from them.   But if people post at me I will generally answer, which despite  what some people think, is what you are supposed to do on a message board - but listen we''ve had this conversation many times - you don''t like the way I post - fine, I don''t particularly like your way of posting - especially when you resort to the lowest form of posting - referring to my family - as you did on the hotel thread - but that''s fine, you carry on posting how you like............as will I.

Dubai Mark wrote the following post at 06/12/2013 6:21 PM:

Clearly I dont get this board, why all the flack to LDC for simply instigating a few threads, its a message board ffs? Is everyone fed-up with dishing it out to Wiz or something? ...and Wiz......you should know better having been on the end of it so many times! United.....my ar se!

No you don''t quite get it Mark, but you are honest and straight forward, a rare trait on here mate!

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Clearly I dont get this board, why all the flack to LDC for simply instigating a few threads, its a message board ffs? Is everyone fed-up with dishing it out to Wiz or something?  ...and Wiz......you should know better having been on the end of it so many times! United.....my ar se![/quote]

Well, I don''t like to use such words but, seeing as you have introduced it, you seem to pop up ar se kissing LDC even when someone offers constructive criticism in his direction. Why is that? Particularly when you go to the trouble of pointing out it''s a message board ( expletives excluded in my case ). Are you suggesting that, because you don''t agree with the opinion of another poster, that it is less worthy to be posted on a message board?

[quote user="Scoot1975"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote] You said that wiz not me. Have I hit a raw nerve?[/quote]

Oh do behave.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Dubai Mark"]Clearly I dont get this board, why all the flack to LDC for simply instigating a few threads, its a message board ffs? Is everyone fed-up with dishing it out to Wiz or something?  ...and Wiz......you should know better having been on the end of it so many times! United.....my ar se![/quote]

Well, I don''t like to use such words but, seeing as you have introduced it, you seem to pop up ar se kissing LDC even when someone offers constructive criticism in his direction. Why is that? Particularly when you go to the trouble of pointing out it''s a message board ( expletives excluded in my case ). Are you suggesting that, because you don''t agree with the opinion of another poster, that it is less worthy to be posted on a message board?[/quote]

Jees....give it a rest Yankee.  

What is it, people posting things you disagree with with?  

Never mind, you''ll get over it.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

The thing that gets to posters about Lakey is his continual new threads day after day and week after week banging out the same ''lecture'' but dressed up under different titles.[/quote]While you''re correct in what you say Mr. Tilson ( Lakey is definitely a one note poster ), it does not take into account the special effort Lakey made on the hotel thread. I thought he really worked at that one. Of course, as Lakey acknowledged up front, the inspiration for that thought came from his mother. Lakey then ran with it suggesting, in a communication to McNally that modifications could be made to the hotel/corner with negligible cost to NCFC. Of course, it all ended badly when it came time for Lakey to share the response he received from McNally on that particular point. All Lakey managed to pass on to the posters who indulged him on that long, long thread was McNally stated the club was focused on priorities on the pitch. Nothing mentioned about the essential point that Lakey was making, i.e. that ground capacity and appearance could be enhanced for almost no cost to NCFC. [:D]  [/quote]Move on Yankee, I did, a long time ago.......... [/quote]...and, in moving on, were you able to admit to yourself that your idea was totally unrealistic. Naturally, this is a rhetorical question as admitting when you''re wrong is a little beyond you. What is did serve to prove, however, was that despite your constantly claiming the "reality" position, you actually are nothing more than the exact opposite of those that you criticize for their overly negative views. You are just the opposite side of the coin, with both views removed from reality. If you could come to grips with that ( you will one day I''m sure ) then, at that point you will reduce your need to initiate so many repetitive threads.  Difficult as it may be, try to think of other subjects. You will find it more interesting as well as those you would like to read your threads.[/quote]

Oh dear...........and I thought I had problems.  I don''t think I am anymore right about anything than anyone else.  I just put out my views - I don''t expect anything back from them.   But if people post at me I will generally answer, which despite  what some people think, is what you are supposed to do on a message board - but listen we''ve had this conversation many times - you don''t like the way I post - fine, I don''t particularly like your way of posting - especially when you resort to the lowest form of posting - referring to my family - as you did on the hotel thread - but that''s fine, you carry on posting how you like............as will I.

[/quote]

Oh dear has nothing to do with my question but it is interesting that you think you have problems. Care to share? It could liven up the message board. With respect to your comment that you will generally answer questions, the question I asked of you originally was in a civil manner, asking how Mr. McNally responded to your point. Instead of giving a civil answer to the salient point you were making on a very long thread that you initiated ( which surely would have been easy enough to do ) you simply refuse to answer by saying "you have moved on", leaving others to see you in a poor light with respect to being frank and forthright. Your choice. Your character.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

People may not like what I write, but quite often I am trying to get across a reality point, not necessarily contentious, or aimed one way or the other.  If you look at the op (if you can be bothered) it is trying to get a handle on the real situation - the fact that Hughton is here (whether we like it or not) and so what is the best way forward given that he is here.    But the serial anti-Hughton crowd can''t handle a real life situation.  They are so far up their backsides with the "Hughton out" idea they can''t accept anything or anything other than the manic repeating of posts/threads demanding Hughton out. 

That isn''t discussing a topic.  It is treating anything other than your point of view with nil consideration.  

Hughton is our manager and is likely to stay manager as long as we stay clear of trouble, keep picking up points and putting in the occasional great performance, as we did last season.    So all I want is to treat real situations with real argument.  Not "you have to be a Hughton outer or you must be some kind of  deluded happy clappy clinically insane idiot". 

As for people banging out threads/posts on the same subject, then you''ve only got to look at some of our more obsessed "Hughton outers" who go ape if they see anything remotely positive about our situation and keep up an almost continuous barrage of anti-Hughton propaganda which is totally one sided and never gives a hint of credit for anything, even when we win or do something good.  

[/quote]

Expressions like these hardly enhance your credibility Lakey and you wonder why " People may not write what I like "  [:(]

[quote user="lake district canary"]@Yankee -

The only person coming out in a poor light is you.  Suggest you quit while you''re behind.

[/quote]

Are you for real saying that Lakey ?

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 06/12/2013 6:53 PM:

lake district canary wrote:

@Yankee -

The only person coming out in a poor light is you. Suggest you quit while you''re behind.

Are you for real saying that Lakey ?

You don''t see LDC going out to attack and undermine fellow posters in the way that you and Yankee do, so yes he is right,

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]People may not like what I write, but quite often I am trying to get across a reality point, not necessarily contentious, or aimed one way or the other.  If you look at the op (if you can be bothered) it is trying to get a handle on the real situation - the fact that Hughton is here (whether we like it or not) and so what is the best way forward given that he is here.    But the serial anti-Hughton crowd can''t handle a real life situation.  They are so far up their backsides with the "Hughton out" idea they can''t accept anything or anything other than the manic repeating of posts/threads demanding Hughton out.  That isn''t discussing a topic.  It is treating anything other than your point of view with nil consideration.   Hughton is our manager and is likely to stay manager as long as we stay clear of trouble, keep picking up points and putting in the occasional great performance, as we did last season.    So all I want is to treat real situations with real argument.  Not "you have to be a Hughton outer or you must be some kind of  deluded happy clappy clinically insane idiot".  As for people banging out threads/posts on the same subject, then you''ve only got to look at some of our more obsessed "Hughton outers" who go ape if they see anything remotely positive about our situation and keep up an almost continuous barrage of anti-Hughton propaganda which is totally one sided and never gives a hint of credit for anything, even when we win or do something good.  

[/quote]

Expressions like these hardly enhance your credibility Lakey and you wonder why " People may not write what I like "  [:(]

[/quote]

I presume you mean "like what I write".

The highlights you''ve kindly given my post are fair enough.  But the only reason I put extremes on there is to differentiate those who just like a mob style bandwagon to roll and those who merely have concerns.   Hence "serial Hughton outers" instead of just "Hughton outers".  And so it goes on.  Sorry if its a bit too colourful for you, but I''ve found  if I don''t make it clear who I am aiming my comments at, then other people get the hump uneccesarily.   If people are honest with themselves, they know who I am aiming at, if they''re not honest with themselves then they wouldn''t notice the difference anyway.

[quote user="lake district canary"]@Yankee -The only person coming out in a poor light is you.  Suggest you quit while you''re behind.

[/quote]You know, Lakey, ( although it''s on a whole other level ) we have a President over here who believes, when it is apparent to any intelligent observer that he is is either avoiding or being dishonest on issues, that all he has to do is spin a few words casting criticism at others rather than be forthright and admit to mistakes or answer a good question honestly. That''s a character weakness. Although this is simply a message board with posters expressing different opinions, you come across to me on occasions as having that same character weakness..

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]@Yankee -The only person coming out in a poor light is you.  Suggest you quit while you''re behind.[/quote]You know, Lakey, ( although it''s on a whole other level ) we have a President over here who believes, when it is apparent to any intelligent observer that he is is either avoiding or being dishonest on issues, that all he has to do is spin a few words casting criticism at others rather than be forthright and admit to mistakes or answer a good question honestly. That''s a character weakness. Although this is simply a message board with posters expressing different opinions, you come across to me on occasions as having that same character weakness.. [/quote]

Its quite simple.  I''m not interested in you or your attempts to change me or you going over old arguments and issues that happened yonks ago.  You can go on with this diatribe if you like but it will get you nowhere.  Over and out.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]@Yankee -The only person coming out in a poor light is you.  Suggest you quit while you''re behind.[/quote]You know, Lakey, ( although it''s on a whole other level ) we have a President over here who believes, when it is apparent to any intelligent observer that he is is either avoiding or being dishonest on issues, that all he has to do is spin a few words casting criticism at others rather than be forthright and admit to mistakes or answer a good question honestly. That''s a character weakness. Although this is simply a message board with posters expressing different opinions, you come across to me on occasions as having that same character weakness.. [/quote]

Its quite simple.  I''m not interested in you or your attempts to change me or you going over old arguments and issues that happened yonks ago.  You can go on with this diatribe if you like but it will get you nowhere.  Over and out.

[/quote]

• It was YOUR issue
  • You never shared an honest response from Mr. McNally
  • I cannot change a person''s character. That has to come from within.
  • Accurate history recorded. Over and out.