Sign in to follow this  
izza-banned-again

we were lucky today

The ollson block with his arm beef stroganoff would normally bury his shot he stuck wide. However I agree who-ton has stood up and been counted when it matters I just hope we don''t end up loosing the next 3-4 on the bounce as he plays 3 keepers and 8 defenders instead of "having a go"

The ollson block with his arm beef stroganoff would normally bury his shot he stuck wide

-------------------------------------

in that case if we''re counting shots that went wide, we were unlucky that Redmonds freekick got saved.

and please have enough respect for our players to learn how to spell their names, the amount of times I''ve seen Olsson spelled incorrectly is unbelievable considering how far into the season we are.

Precisely Michael. We''ve had no luck at all this season. About time we got the breaks.

It is part of the creed of football that things even out over the season. Luck, bad decisions firm etc. it is partly mythology. There is plenty of research showing that top teams get more good luck than bad and lower teams vice versa.

Having said that, there is an element of truth in the creed and lower teams especially should accept whatever breaks they get because they''ve earned them.

We were lucky. Lucky we have some good players starting to show their quality - oh no, wasn''t luck, Fer Redmond and Hooper were brought in by the managerLucky we are so resilient and mentally strong that we can come back from heavy defeats with wins - or is it that we have a  manager who can motivate and organise the team, despite setbacks.  Lucky that despite the nonsense written on here and the constant disrespect some people still show a decent, hard working and astute manager, that Hughton has been dignified and respectful throughout.

About time we got the rub of the green! Felt on numerous occasions this season we''ve been really unlucky so in some ways it was far more satisfying to win the game with our backs up against the wall than if we''d played well but no end product - I was worried we''d be that team that ''if we didn''t have bad luck, we wouldn''t have any luck at all''. Still, there was nothing lucky about the finishing, and it''s especially pleasing to see Hooper creeping in to form, I''m feeling a little more optimistic now what with RvW back next game - hopefully we''re experiencing a change to our fortunes at last. OTBC

Why wouldn''t he be dignified and respectful? You think he reads the nonsense on this forum and twitter? The vast majority of fans who actually attend the games have also been dignified and respectful.

We were poor yesterday, but WBA WERE poorer, so I''m not complaining ! This will give our players confidence and that can work wonders. Onwards and upwards !

Very interesting to see how people view yesterday. I actually did think we rode our luck at times, but not as much as when we played Cardiff City and they walked away with a point. That said, when considering how stretched the squad is right now, what luck we had was 100% earned by an excellent team performance and top class goalkeeping and finishing................all topped off with fantastic away support.........PROUD TO BE NORWICH CITY!!!! 

--- Dubai Mark: I actually did think we rode our luck at times, but not as much as when we played Cardiff City and they walked away with a point.

West Brom created better chances than we did against Cardiff. That said, we looked far more dangerous at the Hawthorns than Cardiff did against us.

No doubt we rode our luck.

Woeful finishing from WBA rescued us, and the autostrada down our left hand side was appalling.

Fer, for all his offensive contribution (assist and goal) was pretty poor in his new left sided midfield role, offering next to no support for Olsson, and Billy Jones had the freedom to run at Olsson time and time again.

Fer is a frustrating figure, as he seems a bit "off" sometimes, reminding me of a certain Yaya Toure at Man C. When he is on, he is exceptional, when he is off, he is very frustrating and "slow".

Yes, I think last nights win was close to daylight robbery, and we were lucky to win it.

Happy for the win, happy for the obvious morale booster, happy that RvW is back soon.

Hopefully Hughton have got enough balls to play RvW and Hooper up front, although none of them are target men. Can work nevertheless.