Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Special mention for Bradley Johnson from yesterday

Thought he was improved again and battled well, never going to have much of a pass on him, but he played his role well. He definitely suits a 4 man midfield over a 5 man one though.

I don''t think Johnson had a good game. Dropped far too deep in the second half, as did Fer, and he is not effective when he drops so deep that he is effectively a 3rd central defender.

Johnsons stand off in the second half is partly to blame for the increasing pressure we got on us, and I certainly don''t think he is good enough in his role.

Lost surprisingly many 50/50 challenges vs Mulumbu, and that is disappointing.

I thought he was quiet yesterday - didn''t realise he was playing until it was pointed out to me. I dont know if that means he didn''t play well, or just quietly just got on with his job, or I wasn''t paying enough attention.   Probably the last one TBF :)

Meant that he quietly got on with his job and the best thing you can say about any defensive player is that you didn''t notice then. Means they did their job! Thought after soil the criticism I have given him recently, he was better today, still not the greatest of midfielders, but useful in the right formation as solid cover.