Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Hughton saved his job today...

Rock The Boat,

I''ve started not one but two threads recently saying that my major reservation about Hughton is the way that we approach away games, pointing out that our away record was 19th worst in the division.

Now that he has shown us that we can score goals and win games away from home, and can give us all a glimmer of hope that we will pick up enough points away from home this season..... my concerns have been diluted somewhat.

That simple.

I think it''s good that people can change their mind and opinion after a great performance by the team and Hughton. You unfortunately will not change and will always be a bit of a tw@.

" Today it was great to see a change and despite injuries Hughton looks like he set the team up yo win and not just hold off the opposition "

IMO although we got thumped at Liverpool I thought he started with a more positive approach in that game … the main difference being Suarez was on fire that night, and the WBA strikers are not in his class :-) Before Suarez scored with that 45 yard chip over Ruddy, the commentators were praising us for taking the game to Liverpool….

[quote user="Le Juge"]Those people deserve credit Mrs Miggins, because they can''t be accused of having an anti-Hughton agenda but a pro-Norwich City agenda.

It is those who do not show their face again until something goes wrong who are deserving of criticism from this collective community of fans, and only an idiot wouldn''t be able to see that (yes I am calling you an idiot).

Otherwise you begin to look like you have your own agenda, which is to get one over other fans by rubbing their faces in it whenever the opportunity arises. Which coincidentally is the same mindset as the one possessed by those ''Hughton-outers'' that you won''t hear from this week. Making you and them one and the same.[/quote]

Yes precisely, I have an agenda to show that hughton isn''t as bad as what you lot say he is. I am not bringing it up when we have a good performance or when we win, I bring it up all the time and I try to point out if someone is bul$hitting.

Jimmy Smith, for example, a couple of weeks ago created a ''Hughton out'' post, just to add to the pack. And then only a few days ago stated that he''s only just got off the fence. I don''t try and say ''look we won so therefore hughton was great all along,'' I try to just point out the people who have been slating hughton time and time again, not bothering to look at the bigger picture; we''ve done alright this season and he doesn''t warrant the abuse he gets.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Rock The Boat,

I''ve started not one but two threads recently saying that my major reservation about Hughton is the way that we approach away games, pointing out that our away record was 19th worst in the division.

Now that he has shown us that we can score goals and win games away from home, and can give us all a glimmer of hope that we will pick up enough points away from home this season..... my concerns have been diluted somewhat.

That simple.[/quote]

Fair enough, We can be pretty sure the CH isn''t going to be sacked in the near future. Hopefully we can put these threads to be and move onwards and upwards, as a team and as fans.

We have been terrible away from home this season, this was comfortably our best away performance of the season bar the first half against Stoke.

If we''d have lost today then it would have been incredibly hard to defend a record of 1 win and 7 defeats in 8 away games.

It was a must win away game today, and it saved him his job. Even you would have had a hard time trying to defend the indefensible if we hadn''t have pulled a performance out of the bag.

Herman wrote the following post at 2013-12-07 9:50 PM:

Mucking about City 2nd, no offence meant.

None taken H, but admittedly my first post didn''t really suggest what my feelings were.

[quote user="Le Juge"]We have been terrible away from home this season, this was comfortably our best away performance of the season bar the first half against Stoke.

If we''d have lost today then it would have been incredibly hard to defend a record of 1 win and 7 defeats in 8 away games.

It was a must win away game today, and it saved him his job. Even you would have had a hard time trying to defend the indefensible if we hadn''t have pulled a performance out of the bag.[/quote]

Does the ''you'' in your post refer to me LJ? If so, I certainly could defend it. I would argue that we have moved out of the relegation places, that the season consists of thirty-eight games and not one. I would argue that if we continue to the end of the season with the same number of points as we gained up until today I don''t think we will be relegated. I think we have shown good performances at times though not often enough and that several of our key players who are currently out through injury will be coming back to strengthen the squad.

I try to look at the big picture and I think that we still haven''t reached our full potential. We saw today plenty of grit and determination. We also saw lots of nervey play. There''s a lot of hard work to be done to improve but I believe we can do it and CH is the man who can do it.

Last season after the Villa loss I never doubted we would be relegated. This season I feel the same and one win or one loss isn''t going to make me shift my opinion because I see the general trend is still upwards even if not at the same rate of climb as in previous seasons.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Those people deserve credit Mrs Miggins, because they can''t be accused of having an anti-Hughton agenda but a pro-Norwich City agenda.

It is those who do not show their face again until something goes wrong who are deserving of criticism from this collective community of fans, and only an idiot wouldn''t be able to see that (yes I am calling you an idiot).

Otherwise you begin to look like you have your own agenda, which is to get one over other fans by rubbing their faces in it whenever the opportunity arises. Which coincidentally is the same mindset as the one possessed by those ''Hughton-outers'' that you won''t hear from this week. Making you and them one and the same.[/quote]

Pretty much agree with that Juggy. If posters feel that their views have been vindicated there''s nothing wrong with repeating those views now. But personally calling people out isn''t really the done thing. Especially if they''re on here. I remember me and Morty being appearing up in thread titles after Man City scored seven.....

After today I''m beginning to worry that we may loose our beloved leader should moyes get the boot from the managers job at man utd.

Personally I''d be devastated by this, if we was to loose him to anybody iid be only be satisfied with him taking over the England job after we bomb out in the summer.

Options please?

[quote user="Bert sneakers"]After today I''m beginning to worry that we may loose our beloved leader should moyes get the boot from the managers job at man utd.

Personally I''d be devastated by this, if we was to loose him to anybody iid be only be satisfied with him taking over the England job after we bomb out in the summer.

Options please?[/quote]

Loose,

Footloose.

Kick off your Sunday shoes.

I still feel he is on borrowed time and I still want Hughton gone despite a well need three points this afternoon. He is underachieving.

I don''t like the way we try to absorb lots of pressure, then hit on the counter in our away games - its a dated way of playing football. We could of easily lost today, but I''m grateful we didn''t and kept a clean sheet - just!

This victory has given him more time, but I''m not one of those posters who waver depending what the last result is - I want him out as he isn''t getting the best out of the team.

Since the Man City game we have taken nine points from five games, despite having a number of high profile injuries. That is some response under pressure and Hughton deserves considerable credit for that

I''ve been on the side of the Hughton outers for a while- since Spurs away...

I didnt expect to leave the Hawthorns having witnessed a two goal win and taking that into account I think we need to give Hughton some credit- and I''m pleased to see that some posters are.

Well done today Chris. Keep it up [Y]

Good to see some positives and today was excellent. What''s important now is to keep it going against Swansea next Sunday. Hopefully we''ve turned a corner and can move on now. Well done to CH and the team!

Hughton has definitely pulled a rabbit out of his hat with this result, but another heavy defeat in any of the next two could see Fulham as the next ''must win'' game. The upshot is that if we don''t capitulate between now and the new year then he''ll probably be here until the end of the season.Under that scenario, and assuming that we stay up, Hughton will only feel safe if we avoid another post-Christmas collapse and finish sufficiently far above the relegation places. I think we might be slightly more comfortable than last year because we''ll likely have a bit more cash than before to spend in the January transfer window.

For someone who has the reputation of being very defensive, he really has to do something about the defence, in particular the fullbacks. The Baggies were allowed to carry the ball into our penalty area with ridiculous ease, and we might have suffered from the backs not wanting to tackle well before the penalty area.

The Baggies could also make rapid progress down their right wing, although the final ball was scorned by their strikers. I feel that Olsson was too exposed by Fer covering every other blade of grass. The Swede struggled. The same could not be said down our right, which was a lot less danger to us.

Neither back got very far forward, Whittaker virtually remained in our half, and even the speedy Olsson made few forays. The result was that we are a lop-sided team, with plenty of space for opposition incursion.

We got away with it at the Hawthorns, because the Baggies finishing was poor, but I fear that others could soon rip the defence apart. To save his job, Hughton has to do something.